Welcome, Guest
May 21, 2018, 03:40:00 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Moon  (Read 1130 times)

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
New Moon
« on: September 14, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »

Hello everyone,
I have a questions and I don't know where it should be put. So, if it needs to be moved, please do so. I feel very foolish telling anyone about this. Still, I really don't know what I can do about this.

Being a solitary witch, I have found a time of the month that is very hard for me to go out to my circle. It is during the New Moon I find I make excuses not to go out to my circle. I have always been a scared to go out side when it is full dark. I have no problem going out any other time of the month. Does anyone else suffer from this? I have tried everything I know do over come this fear. It is keeping me from enjoying the ritual. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

BB! MW
Blessed Be!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: New Moon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »

Not something I've ever had a problem with. I'm assuming you already strengthen your personal shielding at times like this, so I won't suggest the obvious in this case. I wonder if just taking a quiet walk in the dark with a friend might help you to condition yourself; No rituals or anything involved. Do this during New Moon just to get the feel, talk quietly and enjoy the peacefulness. after a while this may help to make you feel more comfortable.

I think it's just a case of conditioning yourself to it. Terry Pratchett writes that, a Witch should never fear anything in the dark because she should know she IS the scariest thing in the dark. Although it's not a direct quote, that's something worth thinking about...LoL ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »

Thanks for your help. It sounds terrible but I did not think of strengthening my shield. I will for sure! I will also try the walk with a friend. Hopefully it will do the trick.  ;D
BB! MW
Blessed Be!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 03:11:09 PM »

You're welcome. I hope it does help, it would be a shame for you to lose out on the atmosphere of a New Moon, and the opportunity to work at this time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »

Since the New Moon and Dark Moon is a great time for shadow work, this could be a good time for you to meditate on why it's challenge for you. You don't have to cast circle, just put up protections as Drac suggested and meditate.  Ask for inspiration and insight when the Full Moon comes.  Write things down and/or doodle and see what comes to you.  Be open, and be aware that Dark Moon revelations are often not what you expect.

If you still find yourself truly fearful, just put it on hold.  Not everyone works with New/Dark Moon energies comfortably for a good, long time.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 05:22:14 AM »

Ashe & Drac, Thank you very much for your suggestions and for allowing me to express my concerns. It does help to voice things from time to time. I will try your suggestions and hopefully they will pay off. Hope you both have a great day! BB! MW
Blessed Be!
Pages: [1]   Go Up