Welcome, Guest
September 17, 2019, 11:58:27 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super excited newbie  (Read 1915 times)

KittyKat

• Rowan
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just very relaxed." -Anon :P
Super excited newbie
« on: September 22, 2015, 06:15:16 PM »

I am a super newbie and I am so psyched to be on here!!! I've been reading these forums and this site (and plenty of other sites) for hours a day!!! I'm getting ahead of myself haha! My name is Alice (or feel free to call me what you like or see fit) and I'm 16. I live in the USA on the South East border (so yeah I'm southern, haha!) I found Wicca and Witchcraft last week and I haven't been able to stop reading about it! When I first found it this sense of belonging, acceptance, warmth, and calm came over me and it was magnificent. I haven't talked to anyone on these forums because I was just given the permission thingy, but everyone feels like family. I feel closer to the people on here than I do my own family and y'all didn't know I existed until now, heehee! I come from a very religious family who if they knew what I was looking into would definitely ostracize me along with nearly everyone else in the community. My grandmother and a friend are the only one's who know that I'm beginning this spiritual journey to find where I belong and feel comfortable. I want to help people and bring as much peace to the world as I possibly can and I never want to stop learning. The journey so far has been enlightening and amazing and I can't wait to do more as I've yet to get my hands on any books.

A little more about me is I have a chronic illness called POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) and I'm hypermobile and anemic. I have two cats, Batman and Robin, whom I adore and love. I live with my grandparents, attend a private school and an online one as we have to make many accommodations due to my illness. I absolutely love love love animals and plants! Bugs... I can deal with some but I have a terrible fear of spiders and scorpions and cockroaches. I don't really do birds either as I had a bad experience with one a few years ago that left me feeling terrible. I'd been thinking of what to say in my introduction for days and now I'm having trouble remembering everything, haha! I'm so happy to be here and join this community/family. I hope to be a valuable asset and I promise to try and not be ignorant or airheaded in my posts!

Thank you all so much for allowing me to feel this sense of welcoming and love/acceptance. Blessed Be everyone! :3
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Lewis Carroll

Canis

• Ash
Re: Super excited newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »

Welcome to TCC Alice. Feel free to look around. The search function here is pretty good and can help you find answers to many of your questions. If you can't find it that way, don't be a afraid to ask. The best advice we can give you is to read, read, read, and read some more. And when you've done that, read, read, read some more.

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »

Welcome to TCC Alice. Feel free to look around. The search function here is pretty good and can help you find answers to many of your questions. If you can't find it that way, don't be a afraid to ask. The best advice we can give you is to read, read, read, and read some more. And when you've done that, read, read, read some more.

Thank you! cx I love reading so I definitely won't have any problems with that!
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »

Oh wow! The exuberance and enthusiasm of youth  ;D ;D ;D

Welcome to TCC KK (we all get abbreviated and names shortened here). As Canis has said, just keep reading, there's a world of information to be had on these here fora, and if you do get stuck then ask and surely someone will jump in and answer (or at least point you in the right direction). Enjoy your time with us and may you find what you seek.

BTW, Don't rush things, there's no time limit and no races; we all learn at our own speed and in our own time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »

Oh wow! The exuberance and enthusiasm of youth  ;D ;D ;D

Welcome to TCC KK (we all get abbreviated and names shortened here). As Canis has said, just keep reading, there's a world of information to be had on these here fora, and if you do get stuck then ask and surely someone will jump in and answer (or at least point you in the right direction). Enjoy your time with us and may you find what you seek.

BTW, Don't rush things, there's no time limit and no races; we all learn at our own speed and in our own time.

Haha! Sorry for all of the excitement! I'm normally a lot calmer, this just happens to be something I'm very passionate about. ^^ Thank you for the advice!!

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 09:21:11 PM »

Hi there KittyKat. Nothing at all wrong with excitement and enthusiasm when you're starting out on a new path.

Best place to start is to check out all the "sticky" threads on this forum, and follow up anything you find of interest. There are some formidably knowledgeable people on here, so anything you're not sure of, just ask. One of us is sure to know the answer ..... or at least, AN answer......Thing is, Witchcraft means something different to every Witch. Indeed, if you ask a dozen Witches to define Witchcraft - or better still, thirteen Witches, thirteen being the traditional number of a coven - you'll probably get at least eleven different answers....

KittyKat, may your Path bring you joy and love and wisdom and understanding - and, if that's what you're looking for, romance and adventure!

Blessed Be,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:33:56 PM »

Hi there KittyKat. Nothing at all wrong with excitement and enthusiasm when you're starting out on a new path.

Best place to start is to check out all the "sticky" threads on this forum, and follow up anything you find of interest. There are some formidably knowledgeable people on here, so anything you're not sure of, just ask. One of us is sure to know the answer ..... or at least, AN answer......Thing is, Witchcraft means something different to every Witch. Indeed, if you ask a dozen Witches to define Witchcraft - or better still, thirteen Witches, thirteen being the traditional number of a coven - you'll probably get at least eleven different answers....

KittyKat, may your Path bring you joy and love and wisdom and understanding - and, if that's what you're looking for, romance and adventure!

Blessed Be,

Alchymist.

Thank you tons! I've been reading the forums on here since last week practically nonstop! I'm finding a ton of information and I've familiarized myself with who a lot of these knowledgeable people are. I know I will have a ton of questions and hopefully I won't accidentally ask something that's already been answered (I'm very forgetful)!

Skyanne

• Rowan
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »

It's always nice to meet another cat lover. Hope to see you around the forum.

I'm in the SE too.

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »

It's always nice to meet another cat lover. Hope to see you around the forum.

I'm in the SE too.

Yay!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up