Welcome, Guest
October 16, 2018, 02:15:06 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible guide or overly hopeful  (Read 2719 times)

KittyKat

• Rowan
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just very relaxed." -Anon :P
Possible guide or overly hopeful
« on: September 25, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »

A bit of backstory: So Paganism is very new to me (I've only been studying it a couple of weeks) and I find I'm definitely called to it. I'm still trying to find what specific religion calls to me most and Wicca has been one that's really shouted at me. So I've been meditating and grounding and energy work along with a ton of reading. I feel as though I'm beginning to find my place spiritually in the universe. I've been doing a TON of reading in these forums and discovered the spirit/animal guide and totems.

When it was warmer last week I would sit outside and play with one of my cats and work on connecting with Mother Earth and nature. While playing with Robin I noticed out of the corner of my eye a leaf falling from a tree so I turned to watch it. It was very graceful in falling but about five feet from the ground I noticed it was blue (we don't have any tree with blue leaves, haha) and it started flying. It was a gorgeous blue butterfly and it flew to a basket we have outside filled with rotting fruits and landed inside of it. I tried to get close enough to take a picture but when I was around four feet from it it fluttered away.

A couple days after I was outside again and the same blue butterfly flew by me. I haven't noticed any butterflies here lately so I found it really odd that it was by itself and in this cooler weather. Then I started thinking maybe it's a sign or guide. So I looked up the meaning of butterflies symbol wise and apparently it represents spiritual enlightenment and change along with a few other things but those two really caught my eye since I'm now discovering all of this. And to me it would make so much sense if it is because of how new I am to this and transitioning from my old lost Christianity ways to this new path.

Any thoughts? I haven't tried meditating or anything yet and calling out to him/her. I'm worried I'm just being too hopeful and excited and noticing what I want to rather than what's actually there. Thank you for any ideas!!

~Blessed Be~
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Lewis Carroll

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Re: Possible guide or overly hopeful
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »

It's also perceived that a butterfly is a loved one coming to visit.

If it feels right to you to think of it as a sign then it is. I would meditate to see if more can be garnered.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »

I will definitely meditate on it for answers! Thank you, Aly!!
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 08:25:52 AM »

KittyKat , don't go looking for a spirit guide ; when you go looking for something you can be on the wrong track . What is ment to be found will just appear as just one thing . You guide will make itself known in many more ways then just one sighting of a butterfly . Say you go into town and there is a new restaurant called the Butterfly ?. Next you shopping and free testing in the grocery store of a new brand of butter called butterfly butter . You get a letter and the stamp has a butterfly on it . Well then you should thing more about it the with just one glimpse of a real butterfly . You can have more then one Spirit guide as well as Totem animals . Don't jump at the first thing that's comes along .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »

KittyKat , don't go looking for a spirit guide ; when you go looking for something you can be on the wrong track . What is ment to be found will just appear as just one thing . You guide will make itself known in many more ways then just one sighting of a butterfly . Say you go into town and there is a new restaurant called the Butterfly ?. Next you shopping and free testing in the grocery store of a new brand of butter called butterfly butter . You get a letter and the stamp has a butterfly on it . Well then you should thing more about it the with just one glimpse of a real butterfly . You can have more then one Spirit guide as well as Totem animals . Don't jump at the first thing that's comes along .

I wasn't really looking, it was just something new I'd read about so it was on my mind. And I saw the butterfly twice in two different days and then while looking at stuff online a butterfly necklace popped up randomly. I'll still wait and should I see anymore things I'll meditate on it, but if I don't I'll just not meditate on it, haha! Thank you for the advice og!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »

Meditate just open yourself up to all around you when you do . Keep a record of what comes to you when you meditate . Go back after a while and see if what came to you has relations to other thing that came at different meditations . Don't do it each day but after several days . Remember write not just what you see but smell and feel and hear .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:50:59 PM »

So you're saying not to meditate everyday or to not look at what I've written down everyday for comparisons and to just check every few days?

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »

Take plenty of time to study all the different religions.  Two weeks isn't very long.  Wicca isn't for everyone.  Sacrificing infants during a full moon will usually turn people off, so you do have potential......

That was a joke. 

Don't lock yourself in to anything at this time.  What interests you about Wicca?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 11:32:20 PM »

EBS, I'm aware there are a bunch of different religions. I've actually looked into a couple, but I wasn't really drawn to them like I am with Wicca. Not that I'll stop learning about them, I feel as though I'm being called to Wicca and whatever happens will happen. I don't know if this path will forever be mine, but until I get to the turn in the road I feel as though for now it is. Maybe I'll branch off and practice multiple religions like other people on here do or practice something different, but similar.

Nice joke, it made me chuckle. XP

Would saying I'm Pagan be alright or just a "seeker?" It'd just be nice to know what I can be labeled as at this moment. As for Wicca, pretty much everything. I love how nature oriented it is and accepting/tolerant of other religions it is. I love how The Lady and The Lord (correct me if I'm wrong but I think I actually read this from this site) are seen as family and your best friends rather than a God who sends people to eternal torture should they not believe in Him and all the other rubbish Christianity teaches. I'm getting worked up, sorry. Anyways, I love how it isn't necessarily "everything has to be like this, this, and this" and it is somewhat individualistic (as I would like to follow an eclectic path for now since I'm too young to look for a teacher and I may never be able to join a coven and learn Traditional Wiccan teachings because of my illness). I love how it lets you be independent and think for yourself.

I'm rambling so I'll stop there. I still have a ton to learn so if I've said anything that's offensive or wrong, I'm sorry. I'm doing my best to learn and understand what I can with limited sources that aren't necessarily all reliable. This may sound really stupid, but the day I started really researching Wicca was when it felt like I'd found my "home." People say when finding religions and their inner spirituality begins to grow that it's an unexplainable feeling of joy, comfort, warmth, and peace. I think I finally experienced it which is why I've been so persistent about Wicca at such an early stage. Ugh, I sound so cheesy. I hope I'm not becoming a fluffy bunny... >.< I love bunnies and I love fluffy animals, but I'd rather not be the kind relating to religion...... XD

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 02:06:36 AM »

Paganism isn't a religion upon itself.  It describes a group of religions that falls under it's umbrella.  Consider it a tree and the different religions as branches of that tree.

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 06:00:12 AM »

But it can be used to describe someone who follows under the religions it covers, right?

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 06:47:21 AM »

Yes you would be considered a Pagan if you follow one of the religions.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »

A Pagan is one who follows one of the nature based religions not of the mainstream religions like Islam, Christianity, Judaism. It is not specific to Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism and so on, but it is the umbrella term that encompasses them (as EBS has said) You may indeed call yourself Pagan even though your path is not yet clear.

You may also call yourself a Seeker if that is what you wish, after all you are seeking for your path are you not? A Seeker seeks, simple enough, no ambiguities there  ;) ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

KittyKat

• Rowan
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »

Alright, cool! Thanks guys!! It just kinda feels like I'm floating around in a void alone and having something to call myself like Pagan brings me back to earth and feels like I have a place I belong. I don't know, I'm weird hahaha!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »

Yes meditate daily and look at your note once a week . Welcome Pagan KittyKat .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up