Welcome, Guest
August 21, 2018, 06:23:47 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Goddess and the God  (Read 2779 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: The Goddess and the God
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »

I have to say, it's so good to see someone who does seem to keep their wits about them without getting too carried away. My post was of course not a criticism Lady but a gentle heads up of what does happen with some new folks.

My reason for that Ashe stems mainly from a Pagan Farcebook page I'm on. It's a very popular page with over 35,000 members but the amount of youngsters that come on with comments like, "I pass the same fence everyday on my way to school but this morning a ladybird was there, does this mean something?" or "It was windy today and this feather blew into my face, do you think the Lady is trying to tell me something?". I could go on but I think you've got the gist. It's got to the point where my teeth itch just seeing the first few words. What I'm saying though is that for the new person, sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the idea that if something happens then it must be a message, they are looking for magickal reasons where none exist.

I do agree with what you say though, but there is more often something significant about this message. For instance seeing a particular image frequently wherever one goes, or, that feather blowing into your face where there is no wind.

What you say about finding objects you need, at the right time, free or cheap I definitely agree with. I have had this happen with me too. It's like encouragement, or a signal your heading the right way and to keep going.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

LadyOfShalott

• Orange
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »

I have to say, it's so good to see someone who does seem to keep their wits about them without getting too carried away. My post was of course not a criticism Lady but a gentle heads up of what does happen with some new folks.

My reason for that Ashe stems mainly from a Pagan Farcebook page I'm on. It's a very popular page with over 35,000 members but the amount of youngsters that come on with comments like, "I pass the same fence everyday on my way to school but this morning a ladybird was there, does this mean something?" or "It was windy today and this feather blew into my face, do you think the Lady is trying to tell me something?". I could go on but I think you've got the gist. It's got to the point where my teeth itch just seeing the first few words. What I'm saying though is that for the new person, sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the idea that if something happens then it must be a message, they are looking for magickal reasons where none exist.

I do agree with what you say though, but there is more often something significant about this message. For instance seeing a particular image frequently wherever one goes, or, that feather blowing into your face where there is no wind.

What you say about finding objects you need, at the right time, free or cheap I definitely agree with. I have had this happen with me too. It's like encouragement, or a signal your heading the right way and to keep going.

Fear not, Drac! I'm truly appreciating everyone's honest opinions and insights here. I was kind of reprimanding myself up for waiting so long, like "so many people start exploring the occult in their teens," but after some thought, I think a waited till the right time. Adulthood has lent some patience and perspective! ;)   
~There she weaves by night and day~

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »

Many have come upon their path later, I started truly on my path late, although I was Pagan for many years without understanding or realising it. As such, I can't really pinpoint a time when I started. My path has been a very disjointed one for so long, clarity came much later. In some ways that gave me a head start.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up