Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2018, 08:53:50 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samhain Stories?  (Read 1352 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Samhain Stories?
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »

Assistance needed if anyone can help?

I have been asked to tell a couple of short stories at our local Pagan pop up shop, on the lead up to Halloween/Samhain for the kids. The stories are to be based on fact and kind of educational about Samhain.

I was wondering if anyone had any stories they could share with me that I could use? Obviously they can't really be stuff of nightmares....LoL
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Canis

• Ash
Re: Samhain Stories?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:40 PM »

Oooh...wish I had some myself.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:31 PM »

Drac , are you asking for fact or fiction ?. I have a few of both .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:42:26 AM »

The more factual the better but I could use both, the idea is for them to be educational for the younglings to learn from.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

This is as best as I can remember it . A little bit about the town I was raised in , the coast of the town is full of tidal estuaries several wide and deep so there are a number of bridges . Hence the towns of Bridgeport . The main ones going up the estuaries to the deep pools for unloading had Bridgeman and their families to open the bridges . It is one of these that the story is about .

It was not a dark and stormy night but one calm and with a good Moon to light the night . The family was a father his mother and five children ages between 8 and 17 , mother died three years before this happened . The year of the incident was 1881 the time was around 9 pm . At the time the father and grandmother were at his sisters home a short distance away . When they returned home they found 4 of the children dead and the oldest girl age 13 mad . Four months later she died in the state hospital .

Now all that she ever said was that the fish walked out of the water and came after them . Rumor has it that the tower smelled was rank with the smell of rotten fish .

Ever Samhain the story goes if you go near the tower on the night of Samhain you can hear the children screaming and one by one the voices stop till there is only the one , that of the mad girl in the top of the tower . The bridge was rebuild in 1947 and the USCG put in a new lighthouse . The tower still stood until 1954 when on the night of Samhain it burned
 and collapsed into the estuary . But even as it burned as with ever other night of Samhain you could still hear the mad girl screaming. In 1949 one of my older sister and her friends swear they heard the girl screaming and they never went by the spot again .

What did they see , what came out of the water that night and where are they know.........................................
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up