Welcome, Guest
November 14, 2018, 06:13:42 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you picture the Goddess and God ?  (Read 1695 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
How do you picture the Goddess and God ?
« on: October 12, 2015, 08:40:31 PM »

Call them Goddess and God or Lord and Lady but how do you see them , what image comes into your mind . Are they beings of radiant beauty so great you can't real see their form or do they look like Grandma and Grandpa .  Can you draw a picture of how they look or is it beyond anyone 's ability to  truly understand what they look like . Is the picture you have of them in your mind or do you believe you have really seen them ?.

What is it you base how they appear on ?. Have you become set in the ways of the church where they all have long hair a glow with beauty or is your ideal of them more down to earth ?.

Just questions ..........................................
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
Re: How do you picture the Goddess and God ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:15:15 AM »

I'll chime in here. But I really don't know for sure what I've seen. It is more a feeling then seeing anything. I see movement in the trees and around me. A bird will fly at the right moment. The hair on my arms stands on end at times. A breath of air will brush over my arms or threw my hair. I have a picture of the Lady in my mind. Long blonde hair that waves in the breeze, thin beautiful face, blue eyes, perfectly set mouth with red lips. The Lord has shoulder length dark hair. He reminds me of Clark Gable. But these are only images and they are in my mind. I believe they are there, but I haven't actually seen them other then in my mind. I haven't had these images come to me while I am in the circle.

I would love to be able to see them, sketch them in my art book, or even sculpt them in clay. But I have to see them first. If someone has any good ways of being able to bring them better into the light, so to speak, let me know please!
Blessed Be!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 12:32:34 PM »

I'll chime in here. But I really don't know for sure what I've seen. It is more a feeling then seeing anything. I see movement in the trees and around me. A bird will fly at the right moment. The hair on my arms stands on end at times. A breath of air will brush over my arms or threw my hair. I have a picture of the Lady in my mind. Long blonde hair that waves in the breeze, thin beautiful face, blue eyes, perfectly set mouth with red lips. The Lord has shoulder length dark hair. He reminds me of Clark Gable. But these are only images and they are in my mind. I believe they are there, but I haven't actually seen them other then in my mind. I haven't had these images come to me while I am in the circle.

I would love to be able to see them, sketch them in my art book, or even sculpt them in clay. But I have to see them first. If someone has any good ways of being able to bring them better into the light, so to speak, let me know please!

Ask them to help you bring them into focus. It couldn't hurt. Just try this and see what happens.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:11:43 PM »

Sounds like a winner to me. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Blessed Be!

morningdove

• Ash
  • Nana to an Angel
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »

At one point in my life I was having a hard time with everything. One night, while lying in bed, I was meditating when suddenly I saw myself climbing over obstacles and through things. I came to a wall and was working on breaking it apart. I stopped, looked to myself and saw God there breaking the wall down with me. I looked to my left and the Goddess was there using a lighting bolt breaking down the wall with me.

How do I see them? As guides, guardians and support for all those things in life I have trouble getting through. They help me and ensure I am never doing things alone.
Lost and wondering

morningdove

• Ash
  • Nana to an Angel
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »

What did they look like? God looked like Pan. The Goddess had long flowing hair, beautiful white dress. She glowed and he felt like home.
Lost and wondering

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »

I always seem to see them with feature that have a hint of animal in them . Just a trace . Manly that of birds . No wings but hair that could almost be very fine feathers and radiant colours . Not so much a glow but almost metallic .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »

They take the form of male and female yet are not solid.  More a mist or fog.  They move without sound yet I hear them speak clearly.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »

I see them as male and female. They are also a compilation of all that is in the natural world (almost like a colage). Animals, trees, sky, rocks and grass, to name a few things, are part of them.  I see them as emanating power, but it's not overwhelming or frightening. They are mainly transparent with a light that pulsates like a heartbeat.

I am finding it really hard to adequately describe them in a way that doesn't make it look like the nurse gave me a little too many meds... :o  :-p
Pages: [1]   Go Up