Welcome, Guest
November 14, 2018, 05:43:03 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 days to Samhain  (Read 1765 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
13 days to Samhain
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »

Who has plans and what are they . Well for me it's candy and games for the kids at the ARC center but this year the evening will be something a little different . There are 8 cats and 11small dogs in the building so we are going to have a custom party and treat bags for them . A few of us will walk around the neighborhood giving Treat bags to the people we know that have furry friends .

Later that night it's out to the Rez for story telling and a fire roasted squash dinner and seed harvesting for next summer planting .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
Re: 13 days to Samhain
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:00:32 AM »

This will be the first Samhain I will observe as a witch, at least formally. We normally don't have very many kids come for candy. Normally just our grand bumps come over dressed up in their costumes. All of our children have left the nest. We will sit and enjoy the evening with each other and wait for the grand bumps to come. Then I will go out to the circle. I plan on inviting my loved ones, who have crossed over, to visit with me that night. I am looking forward to seeing them. It has been a very long time since we have chatted. I also plan on discarding all the things in my life I am finished with. I'm cleaning house, so to speak.

Happy Samhain everyone!
Blessed Be!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »

I hope everyone had a Blessed Samhain.  I spent the eve with a local circle.  Good friends and good times.  Let the New Year begin...
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:00:26 PM »

I really enjoyed Samhain this year in a new place. With a freedom to be me. I made myself a promise to get involved with my BOS
more. I was ready for the New Year this time. Today is a beautiful day of blue sky and sunshine.

BB
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »

I ended up spending my Samhain running up to the Xfinity store in New Hampshire to replace the remote that dad dropped in the water. It was the only store still open after work.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »

What a wonderful son.  Your Father is a lucky man.  :)
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 04:08:44 PM »

Well...he can't get around well these days, and the remote conked out when the tv was on the Hallmark channel. And of course (just like every year), Halloween is when they kick off their Christmas movies.

Couldn't leave him stuck watching Christmas movies all weekend.

ETA

LadyOfShalott

• Orange
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 05:32:30 PM »

You did good, Canis. I wouldn't wish a weekend of Hallmark Christmas movies on anyone,  even in late December! ;)

~There she weaves by night and day~

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 07:51:55 AM »

Samhain kind of came and went for me this year. The day before a bunch of little kids came to the facility I'm at for Trick or Treat. They were really cute! I might do something when I'm back home. My going home is a whole other thread. I know it will be late, but I'm hoping better late than never.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »

Thoughts are still with you Alces, remember and let us know how you are coping....
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 10:34:01 AM »

My medical insurance is officially done paying for me. I'm going home Thursday, Nov 5. I'm not as far along in my recovery as I hoped to be. Ideally I would no longer have needed a wheelchair. By the same token, I'm farther along than I was a month ago (or even two weeks for that matter). The facility is working on getting me set up with equipment, visiting nurses etc. Additionally my son, Mike is someone who I know I can count on, and trust implicitly. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes uneventfully!

I know that a big part of my healing is due to all the energy sent to me from everyone here at TCC!!! The metal apparatus and g-tube will be coming out on the 12th. I've been walking with my walker (my walking is hoping on my right leg). My farthest distance is 145 ft. The day after I walked that far I was pretty sore!

I think when I get home and after everyone has gone to bed, I'm going to do a little homecoming, thank you for the healing ritual. And I can use real candles! I couldn't do that at the facility. I'll let you all know how things go. Today has so far been spent tying up loose ends and saying goodbye to the many wonderful people I've met here... bittersweet.

My thanks to all of you here!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up