Welcome, Guest
August 15, 2018, 01:53:12 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Therianthropy  (Read 7030 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Therianthropy
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 09:57:41 AM »

I caught that you antiquated old spook  :-p Dragons certainly exist, never doubt....
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 05:43:47 PM »

Sasquatch are not Were-beast of any sort . They are a very old species that evolution has by-passed . They are long lived and slow to breed .

Never having met one - or met anyone who claims to have met one - I couldn't be sure. There are certainly plenty of legends surrounding them, and some very suggestive sightings.

And Alchy you believe that they could possibly exist?

As I've mentioned before on this Forum, I don't believe very much of anything. I suspect a great many things - but I don't necessarily believe any of them. I've met several people with very strong Sidhe (or Fae - not precisely the same thing) characteristics, and a few that seemed suspiciously therianthropic, but it's sometimes hard to be sure. As for Dragons, well, we can't really doubt them when the King Dragon himself speaks ...... one of these days I'll tell you my own Dragon story. One of these days.

Blessed Be everyone, of whatever species.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »

Saw my first Sasquatch back in 76 while hunting elk , it was a family of three . We were at lease 20 miles from the nearest habit of humans . The area that we were in is a long valley that goes from Washington through Oregon and keeps to the wooded areas all the way to southern California . Most of the locals along the way are Native Americans and they tell no outsiders .

I think a lot of people that live close to nature and see what lives there keep it secret and act as protectors .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

KittyKat

• Rowan
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just very relaxed." -Anon :P
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 07:51:22 PM »

I understand now, Alchy. I really want to hear this Dragon story! I love stories ^^

That's so cool og!!!! I would really love to visit some NA tribes because I have Cherokee in my blood. All of these things are so fascinating! I may start studying mythology and it's creatures because I'm so ignorant about all of this and want to learn more!
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Lewis Carroll

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 10:39:23 PM »

Here are a few book that should interest you , both are good reads .  " The Mythical Creatures Bible " by Brenda Rosen   
and   " Raincoast Sasquatch " by J . Robert Alley   you'll be able to understand why they are hard to see were I live .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 06:49:17 AM »

Interesting read KittyKat. I have heard of Therians, but have never run across one that I know of.

Drac we all know you are an exceptional dragon ;) so no worries there.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 06:55:15 AM »

Interesting read KittyKat. I have heard of Therians, but have never run across one that I know of.

Drac we all know you are an exceptional dragon ;) so no worries there.

Blessings

Thanks H, it's nice to appreciated now and again  ;) ;D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

KittyKat

• Rowan
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just very relaxed." -Anon :P
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

Thank you og!! I'll put those in my list of books to read! ^^

I like you Drac XD you're the only dragon I know so that makes you pretty special, heehee!!!
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Lewis Carroll

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »

Well, I never met a dragon I didn't like. Some of them look fierce, terrifying even, but if approached with courage and respect they'll tell you all kinds of profound stuff. Some of them even have a wicked sense of humour. A trickster dragon, if you can recognise him/her for what he/she is, can be the best kind of companion on the magical path.

....... well of course there are female dragons. How do you think we get baby dragons? Haven't you heard of Dragon's Eggs?

Question: how do dragons make love?
Answer: VERY, VERY carefully! Especially the fire-breathing ones!

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

How many different types of Dragons are there ?.

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 11:59:08 PM »

How many different types of Dragons are there ?.

Honestly, I've no idea. Drac would probably know.

Alchymist.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »

I wonder if there are any like Falcor , from the Neverending Story . Now that's a cute Dragon not like one we know .  You do know that old Dragons are the cause of the hole in the Ozone , they get old they leak methane all day long .

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:57 AM »

Other kinds of therianthropes exist, as well as the shapeshifting humans already described. There's the antlered Celtic god Cernunnos or Herne, the half-man, half-goat god Pan, the ibis-headed Thoth, the jackal-headed Anubis and many others in the Egyptian pantheon, Ganesha with his elephant's head from India; not to mention mermaids, the Vuivre who has the torso, head and arms of a beautiful woman attached to a serpent's tail, Melusine who had the same problem, and the Minotaur and the Centaurs of course.

Then there are the beings that inhabit the Spirit World of the shamans, who are often half-human and half-bird, deer, snake, cougar, horse, or almost anything else, and who are depicted as such in cave paintings many thousands of years old, and incised on stone or bone; and the critters encountered by many UFO abductees, often owls who morph into humanoids and vice versa, and the ubiquitous "Grey Aliens" who could be, well, almost anything; vaguely humanoid, but with the skin tone and texture of axolotls or sea slugs.

In shamanic terms these beings are teachers and initiators, who give the shaman knowledge and understanding so that he or she can return to the tribe and be a healer. In UFO abductee terms, they perform operations on us eerily similar to those reported by shamans, and quite often the abductees are given warnings that humanity's present course is heading for ecological disaster. Much of this stuff is discussed in Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind" (Disinformation Books, 2007; see http://grahamhancock.com/supernatural/ ). Hancock hypothesizes that our Homo sapiens ancestors, the Cro-Magnons, received a brain boost some 40,000 years ago by ingesting hallucinogenic plants and fungi that put them in touch with the Spirit World, and with humanity's first teachers.

Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 03:24:02 AM »

They are known as Star Brother Alchy . They live in the upper world also called the Wonder Workers . From above they drop a feather from and Eagle and who it lands on will be the one they teacher the healing way . They show them how to walk in harmony with the spirits of the land and what lives on the land , they teacher the way of speaking with all the other life forms of the world . Owl is many things but what Owl teaches is how to see the soul of others and know which follow the wicked way . There are many forms of Shamanism some overlap and some don't some Shamans are more adept at one way then others . All Shaman's are vision travelers , but they do not do their work all the same way . Dream quest Shamans get answers in their dream travels , other's get the healing songs , then there are the drummers , the weavers the painters , and those that transfer the evil into themselves . You have ones that speak and call upon the healing abilities of their Totem and Spirit animals to heal with their powers . All depends on what they are trying to heal or those they need to set on the right path for healing ,not just the body but the spirit that is in them . They do more then just heal people they try to heal the land and that is the hardest thing to do , if get damage faster then it can be healed .

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »

The other home of Therianthropes is in children's literature - from Korky the Cat and Biffo the Bear in the old  British kids' comics, by way of Disney's Mickey Mouse (a mouse that wears clothes and walks on his hind legs) and Donald Duck (a duck in a sailor suit) and Goofy (an animal of indeterminate species who, nevertheless, acts like a human - more or less) to Rat, Mole, Toad and Badger in "The Wind in the Willows", animals that talk and act like humans, interact as equals with humans, and yet retain distinct Rattish, Molish, Toadish and Badgerish characteristics.

Then there's the whole Rupert Bear mythos; Rupert is essentially a small boy with a bear's head (just as Anubis is a man with a jackal's head), Bill the Badger is a small boy with a badger's head, etc., etc. This has to be one of the most fully developed imaginary worlds in all of literature, rivalling Discworld; Rupert and his friends live in the village of Nutwood which seems straight out of 1930s England, but they have all kinds of amazing adventures with elves, sea serpents, twig creatures, castles in the clouds, vast systems of underground caverns, time machines, an elevator that passes right through the Earth with its other end in China - but they always manage to return home in time for tea.....

And if we can extend our metaphor slightly, we have what we might call Mechanthropes - machine-human hybrids - think of the Thomas the Tank Engine books and the Thomas and Friends TV series, where steam locomotives, trucks, buses and cranes have human - or at least humanoid - faces, talk to their operators, and exhibit all-too-human emotions like sulkiness, mischievousness, embarrassment, jealousy ........ 

We've come a long way from werewolves and shapeshifters - or have we? At some deep, subconscious level, do we Humans recognise these modern therianthropes such as Mickey Mouse and Rupert Bear as shadows, echoes, inducing dim memories of a distant past when the Spirit World seemed closer to us and human interaction with the denizens of the Faery Realms was felt to be far more probable than it seems to be for the average 21st century office worker or machine operator?

Blessed Be everyone - human and hybrid,

Alchymist. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up