Welcome, Guest
August 16, 2018, 07:33:12 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation Penance ?.  (Read 4786 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Reincarnation Penance ?.
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:33:41 AM »

Met a man where I do my dialysis who is visiting his great grand children . He is from India , he notice my medallions and started to talk to me about many things about beliefs . So to make a long story short , we got on to the topic of reincarnation . At 91 he has told me that his older sibling and parents have been reincarnated but for his one sister who for reasons that where never told him took he own life at the age of 9 . It is his belief that she can not return and be reborn until she has somehow made amends for taking here own life .

Never heard anything like this before and know people that have misused there beliefs and nothin bad has happened to them I was thinking about the Three fold law of return , could it be that it does not happen when we are still in our present form but when we get to the Summerland . So does that mean that what ever bad we do in this world we pay for in the next before we can return ?.

Does anyone here remember if that ever happened to them , is it just time or are there labors that must be preformed . Could there be a point where one has gone and done so much bad that they can never return ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Reincarnation Penance ?.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »

This is an interesting take, definitely worthy of discussion, bearing in mind ones belief in Summerland and how it works may have a large bearing on the subject.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

I have spoken to people who believe that if we have not learned and made amends for the harm we may have caused in this lifetime,
we will be revisited by these same transgressions in the next. This will continue from one reincarnation to the next until the problem is understood and solved.

Summerland is to me a place of rest and understanding ourselves. Ultimately a choice can be made to remain or reincarnate. It would seem any memories of a past life would be erased and one would start with a fresh slate.  A new life that could advance our souls
closer to spiritual enlightenment. Summerland itself is not a place of punishment, but of reflection. I find it hard to believe that anyone
would be denied entrance or not given a chance to prove that they can change and be a soul that can improve in the next life and
be more than they were in the past.Well just my two cents.

BB
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

lestat

• Hawthorn
  • In your yard, interfering with your cabbages..
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

The concept of a time and place between lives, whether its summerland or other, really does draw much thought and discussion. Once released from one capsule and awaiting the next, does the entity that has been enriched from that sojourn in the flesh then regain all of their memory?

I can't think of anything worse if I'm honest. Think of an eternity's heart ache, loves ones dying anew in your memory. People leaving, things left undone, so many things an eternity worth of memory could bring back.

Or, does the peace we've built around these events also flood back? Is this dependent on your last experience in the flesh?

:)
With fangs I would bite you,
Lips kiss you,
Heart love you,
A Will, leave you

lestat

• Hawthorn
  • In your yard, interfering with your cabbages..
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »

I was thinking a bit more about this, and the concept of "ego" came to mind. I recall some thesis and discussion on what happens to the "ego" when we part. When people encounter shades or "ghosts", that this is the "ego" that was shed, as the core of ones self moved on.

Is it only the "ego" that would mourn these memories?

Just more food for the trough.
With fangs I would bite you,
Lips kiss you,
Heart love you,
A Will, leave you

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »

I think everything from previous lives comes back to us, but it's the lessons learned that return rather than the memory per se. Remember, heartache is also a part of life as much as love, hate, joy, sadness, pain, pleasure, et al. The experiences are certainly there but in every experience there is a lesson to be learned.

As Mari said, Summerland is more a place of reflection and relaxation in preparation for the next incarnation.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 05:03:32 AM »

A place of reflection and relaxation , but is that just what we wish it to be . The eternal hope of a better place , is it really . What if it's nothing more then a cold gray building with mean teachers or a sleazy dark pub where you drink cheap booze and hear nothing but the endless stories of how bad ones life was .

Can it also not be a place where we program our new self to follow a better path in our next life .  Does just reflecting on what we did in our old life . Should there not be more then just meditating on what we did wrong . Should there not be some sort of penalty , can one really learn to change without being punished for what we did wrong ?.

What if the very essences of the soul , if itself is evil will it not always return as such . Can just contemplating what we did wrong change how one does things without the knowledge that one will receive some type of punishment for the bad that they have done . If one is not to be penalized for what the have done then what is the purpose of the Three Fold Law for then , is it to teach us in this life ? . Have heard it said it said that the Law can follow one into the next life , if that is so then does that not mean that reflecting
on what we did have little meaning if one is to be punished after they learned their lesson ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:09 AM »

Imagine, if you will, a scenario something like this:

According to one (much disputed) interpretation of quantum theory, whenever you or I or anyone else makes a choice between two possible actions, we in fact choose both; but, since being creatures whose awareness is (usually) limited to a mere four dimensions, we can only experience one reality at a "time", and when we "die" in the reality that our first "choice" gives us, we come back and live the reality of the other "choice". And since all of us make dozens, or even hundreds, of "choices" in any one lifetime, we come back to the same lifetime several "times", thus getting to live all the realities each "choice" creates for us.

So, in other words, we keep coming back into the same life, over and over again, until we get it right. So to speak.

It's only an idea......

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 03:19:00 AM »

According to one (much disputed) interpretation of quantum theory, whenever you or I or anyone else makes a choice between two possible actions, we in fact choose both; but, since being creatures whose awareness is (usually) limited to a mere four dimensions, we can only experience one reality at a "time", and when we "die" in the reality that our first "choice" gives us, we come back and live the reality of the other "choice". And since all of us make dozens, or even hundreds, of "choices" in any one lifetime, we come back to the same lifetime several "times", thus getting to live all the realities each "choice" creates for us.

So, in other words, we keep coming back into the same life, over and over again, until we get it right. So to speak.

It's only an idea......

Alchymist.

Then by that thinking; when we get each "choice" right, we move on to the next series of "choices" and do the same again?

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »

The Higgs Boson implies total interconnection of everything in the universe, at every level.  It gives all the other particles(except the photon) mass.  Atoms share electrons across the universe.  It also seems to imply there  is only one plane of existence, which we experience in different ways, according to the limitations of our ability to grasp it's magnitude.

"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »

It's only an idea......

Alchymist.

Then by that thinking; when we get each "choice" right, we move on to the next series of "choices" and do the same again?

Yep. ;D ;D

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 02:24:55 PM »

Wow! Then I got a lot of incarnations coming my way.  :-p

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »

There's plenty of "time" ...... I guess .......

Alchymist

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »

So Alchy your saying we will come back as the same person , do we come back to the same time?. But is not time fluid . Or do we come back in a future time ?. If we come back as the same person would we also come back with the same physical problems , would we not then be stuck in the same rut as before . Does that not imply that we have learn nothing when we were away ?. If so is that not rather pointless ....

If we are to change and grow , learn from our past then should we not have some memories of the errors we did ?.Could our growth not be conditional on how we act in each reincarnation . Are there then rules , are there teacher or guides when we go there . If there are rules , who made them and do they enforce them ?.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »

It's only an idea......

Alchymist.

Yep. ;D ;D

Alchymist

Absolutely fascinating... but what evidence do we have that we are actually alive, or that we ever die?  What if we merely "are"?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up