Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2018, 10:27:33 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2305 times)

Kuerden D˙ghlas

• Willow
  • I've always lived for and by the special ...
Greetings
« on: November 17, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »

Since an introduction has been requested, here is a brief account of my background:

I started practicing witchcraft and cartomancy in the early '70s. My great-grandmother bought my first book on the occult, Everyday Witchcraft by Delphine C. Lyons, in 1972, along with two books on meditation and ESP. Then relatives gifted me a copy of Witchcraft USA by Florence Hershman and a book on mediumship, and I was hooked. I'd found my calling--to become a witch. Aunt Jesse also taught me how to read regular playing cards.

I met my first Craft teacher when I was 13--we're still in touch. She was Pagan author Mike Nichols' first student, and I was in turn her first student. She gave me a very basic but sound foundation in the Craft (which I still fall back on) plus a reading list that included Paul Huson and Sybil Leek.

Then on Imbolc 1984, at age 19, I received Dedication from Lillian Taber, my friend and high priestess of Moonstone coven (an early offshoot of the Faery Tradition) in Phoenix. Two years later, Lilly formally initiated me into the Craft.

Ten years later, I trained with Cora and Victor Anderson and was initiated in 1996 into the Anderson Craft Tradition by the Andersons personally, and was a member of their last coven.

My interim teachers included the late Christine Jones (Sybil Leek's last student and in-home nurse).

I'm not into vampires, Sabbatic Craft (e.g., Chumbley, Artisson, and other inquisitorial fantasies), nor worshipping Lucifer. I have zero tolerance for liars, drama, or witch wars. My bullshit meter is well-honed, and I'm not easily impressed.

Finally, I'm the cofounder of the Lilith's Lantern website where I'm listed as "Soulfire." When I saw that there was another Soulfire at TCC, I chose the new name Kuerden. I'm also Mike Nichols' book publisher.
"Witchcraft fulfills a need in me to know that harmony can be created from discord."--Sybil Leek

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:11:11 AM »

A great introduction Kuerden, so much more detailed than we often get; such a pleasure. Welcome to TCC.

You'll find many here from different paths and at many, many different stages of their spiritual development, but I'm sure you'll see that for yourself. I hope you enjoy your time here with us, and please feel free to share and/or discuss as you feel.

Forgive me but I haven't been onto your website yet, but I fully intend to pop in, thanks for the link.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 08:17:44 AM »

Welcome, Kuerden.   Make ample use of the threads and enjoy your stay.  Nice to have you!
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »

Your site is interesting... may I ask a question?  I seem to see a correlation between the "Fetch", "Talker", and "God Self" and the Id, Ego, and Super Ego. 
Am I imagining things?

And before I go a moment longer... Welcome!
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Kuerden D˙ghlas

• Willow
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 11:27:49 PM »

Your site is interesting... may I ask a question?  I seem to see a correlation between the "Fetch", "Talker", and "God Self" and the Id, Ego, and Super Ego. 
Am I imagining things?

And before I go a moment longer... Welcome!

There have been numerous correlations made to other systems of thought and belief, and many names applied to the three selves in different cultures around the world. For example, Nephesh, Ruach, and Neshamah in the Jewish mysteries are the same (these are even discussed in the Scofield Bible!).

If you're asking whether the Feri names are creative spins on Freud, then no. The Kahuna and Feri take is somewhat different; the three selves are not merely psychological constructs. As Victor wrote: "This is neither a metaphor nor an abstract illustration ... Each of these three entities has its own individual and collective existence ... just as surely as three atoms in a molecule of water."

The fetch, for example, may travel independently in the astral realm. But the experience will seem like a strange dream, a jumble of images. If it only Talker does the traveling, then the memories of the experience will be fleeting, or none at all. If the two selves join forces, however, then the waking self may retain more memory of the trip.

Also, the Id often has a somewhat negative association. The fetch is not viewed the same.

Thanks for the welcome.
"Witchcraft fulfills a need in me to know that harmony can be created from discord."--Sybil Leek

Kuerden D˙ghlas

• Willow
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:26 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't edit my posts to correct typos.  :-\

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »

Unfortunately, I can't edit my posts to correct typos.  :-\

Don't worry about this KD, it's S.O.P. on our boards; all new members go through a period of time with basic settings.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:22:14 PM »

Welcome Kuerden.  I like your introduction and think you will be a pleasant and interesting addition to our site. 
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum :)

lestat

• Hawthorn
  • In your yard, interfering with your cabbages..
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

Welcomes to the boards. :)
With fangs I would bite you,
Lips kiss you,
Heart love you,
A Will, leave you

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 09:02:13 AM »

Welcome Kuerden I also like your intro and I'm looking forward to your posts.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Kuerden D˙ghlas

• Willow
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome. Happy Yule.

Kuerden D˙ghlas

• Willow
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 03:25:16 PM »

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that I am also a graduate of cat yronwode's hoodoo rootwork course. I was student #8.
Pages: [1]   Go Up