Welcome, Guest
May 25, 2018, 12:15:10 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Trad Witch or Trad Wiccan Shoutout  (Read 4008 times)

Valerie

• Ash
Re: Trad Witch or Trad Wiccan Shoutout
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 04:04:43 AM »

Solitary and in the closet  ::) I would love to safely meet others..can't see that happening, am too afraid..might not be who they say they are  :o
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 04:42:19 AM »

That is a problem Valerie , you see so much bull on the web and in books written by people that just want to make money or are truly of their rockers . Then you have those that still believe Witches are servants off the devil .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »

Solitary and in the closet  ::) I would love to safely meet others..can't see that happening, am too afraid..might not be who they say they are  :o

I feel the same Valerie. But alot of my problem is in the distrust of any stranger I might meet. I've always been a bit of a loner. Past experiences color a lot of my mistrust and I try to be friendly to people I meet. But if they push to hard and are overly friendly I tend
to turn and run. This applies to all areas of my life, not just the closet. :)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:58 AM »

I agree with you too Valerie. What I'm a bit afraid of is meeting someone who is an incredibly fluffy bunny and not being able to get rid of them. I imagine them pulling out this 32 page booklet that explains everything you could possibly want to know about Wicca, and telling me how experienced they are after 3 1/2 weeks of practice. Enthusiasm is fine, and a bit of eccentricity is tolerable as well, but people who are as og says, "off their rockers" scare the willies out of me!

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 07:34:49 AM »

I feel the same Valerie. But alot of my problem is in the distrust of any stranger I might meet. I've always been a bit of a loner. Past experiences color a lot of my mistrust and I try to be friendly to people I meet. But if they push to hard and are overly friendly I tend
to turn and run. This applies to all areas of my life, not just the closet. :)

I agree with you completely. I don't share myself with others. It has taken me 35 years to allow my husband to understand what I really am. He still doesn't get it even after I have told him and given him a couple of books to read. Still, I don't share with anyone unless I am completely comfortable with them. There is only one person I have opened up to and share my experiences with. TCC has been a huge blessing for me.

Blessed be! MW
Blessed Be!

DragonsTalon

• Rowan
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:48 AM »

This as well, by the time found someone i trusted enough to open to, they moved.
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »

Good thing you have all of us here .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 06:41:30 PM »

I'm going to throw my own hat into the pile here; I'm an extremely solitary person (probably to the point of it being unhealthy) and have been my entire life. I was never comfortable participating in things with others as a kid, and that has followed me all my days. I'm open enough about my path, but it's MY path and it's the way I follow..... alone. I will guide and advise and happy to do so however, but I would not be comfortable to participate with another. I could elaborate further but this is not the thread for that  :-p

Having said all this, there are times I wish I could just sit comfortably with someone and chat about all things esoteric.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »

Sounds like me to a large degree. I've been told the key is to get out there and start chatting up those in the field where you can find them. I was in that process when we moved, then the hubby got laid off. He has another job but our only vehicle has been commandeered until his division gets set up with company trucks (coming very soon I'm told). I was meeting up with a group up until about 3 years ago when the whole roller coaster started. I'm hoping to get back on the meet up group once things get sorted proper again. 

Anyway, just an idea.

I'm going to throw my own hat into the pile here; I'm an extremely solitary person (probably to the point of it being unhealthy) and have been my entire life. I was never comfortable participating in things with others as a kid, and that has followed me all my days. I'm open enough about my path, but it's MY path and it's the way I follow..... alone. I will guide and advise and happy to do so however, but I would not be comfortable to participate with another. I could elaborate further but this is not the thread for that  :-p

Having said all this, there are times I wish I could just sit comfortably with someone and chat about all things esoteric.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 25+ years.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »

I have attended a local moot we have here, but I don't go now. Reason? well nothing is ever talked about other than last nights film, or what ones child got up to at school or some other mundane topic. Certainly wasn't spiritually fulfilling for me.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »

It can be hard when ones path twist a different way than those that believe I same thing but in a different twist . A little tale , many years ago at a gathering of Shaman in Montana that I was invited to , two of the other Shamans got into a bit of a argument about when to light the Speaking fire . One claimed that it had to be done before the Sun went down to show respect to Fire , the other sad it had to be done after the Sun went down so not to often the Sun by making another light to challenge the Sun light . Everything else they saw the same way but for that one thing , it did after a time turn into one big joke among the other's .

No matter how c!ose we see things we will all have that little thing that keeps us truely apart from being total like others and that is a good thing. It is also that little thing that can keep us away from others and that is a bad thing. Thing can go better if you start speaking out for what you wish to hear , if they ask you to go then you were in the wrong place to begin with .

It is like the poor Knight that searched for El Dorado , something's just take more effort to find .When you do find what is right the reward is the greater .

Amberhawk

• Rowan
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 06:05:34 AM »

That is strange isn't it? Seems many times when they get together they generally just want people to talk to who are just not going to flip out IF such things are mentioned rather than really get into it. I had to ask sometimes what related books people were into now to get things going in that direction sometimes. Sometimes someone else would. Sometimes I remember asking if anyone was following a tradition... seems sometimes someone just has to decide to throw around a topic or its just social gathering without a specific topic in or out of the field. I'm so not a leader. I don't want to be the one tossing around a subject but I realized if I wanted to talk shop I had to get the ball rolling myself.

I have attended a local moot we have here, but I don't go now. Reason? well nothing is ever talked about other than last nights film, or what ones child got up to at school or some other mundane topic. Certainly wasn't spiritually fulfilling for me.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »

You have just to many that play at it and if someone comes along that is serious about it they freakout . Best to form you own after doing research into those that wish to join . Just like weeding your garden .

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »

Oh no, these are genuine Witches; it emanates from them. I think they just like the opportunity to catch up on things. Don't get me wrong, on occasion something will come up and a small discussion will ensue, but all too soon it reverts to the mundane again. Shame really, I can tell there could be much to share.

Amberhawk

• Rowan
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:05 AM »

I think it would be a matter of deciding to start a group somewhere a little more discrete then, one that focuses only on discussions of witchcraft and the occult in general. Most of the groups I've seen that are open tend to happen in bookstores and coffee shops where anyone and everyone can stumble through. Witch or not, more people rather avoid a scene and just be 'in the company' than worry too much about an in depth discussion. Personally I think it's a shame we really cant just discuss things openly and just not have to worry about that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up