Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2018, 10:27:41 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deities & Meditation  (Read 1432 times)

TheGreenWizard

• Rowan
  • Which way on the Golden Brick Road shall I go?
Deities & Meditation
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:04:10 PM »

Been while folks - all I can say is teaching full time and grad school at night sucks out my soul at times. Moving on to my experiences.

About two weeks ago, I had a vivid dream where I saw a bunch of snakes - different colors, but mostly corn and milk snakes (interesting to me because the milk snakes will eat the corns) - in an area, and one of them was either eating/regurgitating another snake as I was looking around. Vivid dream and I can't get it out of my head. Thoughts welcomed.

Last week, I had free time, and decided to try to do a guided meditation from Penczak's Gay Witchcraft, however, I had the intent of going in to find my deity. I went through the motions - relax the muscles, feel the waves of relaxation, count down from 12 to one to get to my meditative state and visualize the stairs and go to my power room. However, something peculiar happened. As I walked down the stairs, I encountered a humanoid figure - the image was blurred, but I think it was female and had sky blue cloth on her - and I could not go past her. In fact, when I tried, she actually repelled me and pointed me to turn around.

Defeated, I did and returned back to my body. However, I've reflected back on the experience and my life in general and realize I'm way too busy to do my pagan studies for deities and try to pledge to one. I'm pretty sure that it's the deity's way of keeping an eye out for my sanity (thanks!). Thoughts welcomed as well.

Just thought I'd share my experiences and ask this to others: Have you ever tried to do a deity meditation, only to have the deity/ies tell you NO or refuse you?
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Deities & Meditation
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:12:45 PM »

Can't help you with the snakes all my encounter with snakes have been the real thing .

Now for trying to meditate on a Deity I have had a few times where the only thing I got was a " get away now " feeling . I will say that it was my doing something I should have not done that made them angry with me . A few times I have had my Spirit guide abandon me ,also my fault . Why it happened to you don't know . You did not say if you felt any anger directed at you . Could of just been a warning that it was not the time for you to have to many thanks going on in your life or just that you would screw up what you where trying to do because you have to much on your plate .

Wait till you have time and nothing else on your mind that needs most of your time .

Good to know your still around , hope all goes well for you .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:08 AM »

og, just wondering if this would also apply to someone who has so much on their plate they can't get out to circle. Or are so tired at night they fall asleep before it is time to go out to circle? Just wondering.... Thanks!  ;D BB! MW
Blessed Be!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »

If you are in  a state where you can not concentrate fully on what you are doing , then that is when something will go wrong . Not only having something go wrong but you show discourtesy to who you are calling on . There is also the danger of making the circle wrong or not closing it . That can lead to something else coming through and that can ruin more then just your day
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:52:04 AM »

I've been told that the best time to meditate is early in the morning. Sometimes that isn't possible. I often worry about things that are going on in my family and find it difficult to focus. So I have to go back to basics, and concentrate on relaxation and breathing, etc. Get rid of what is holding me back. Then I can focus on what I want to accomplish.

Each day is full of the little things that make me too tired (emotionally and physically) to do the things I know I should. I have to make the decision that meditation will be number one on my list of things to do. Make the decision everyday, and
know that if I put it off one day, I will continue to do so. Meditation is a commitment I make to myself.

As og said, "If you are in a state where you cannot concentrate fully on what you are doing, then that is when something will go wrong." Take care of whatever needs your attention, then meditate. Start with meditating on what is causing the problem, such as anger or anxiety,etc. Of course these are just suggestions. We each solve our problems in different ways.

Blessings to all.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »

One thing you should always do first is to stretch and lossen up your muscles ; don't want to get a cramp halfway through your meditation session .I have heard that the morning is  good time also just don't have a double shot of espresso before you begin 😵 and use the🚽too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up