Welcome, Guest
October 16, 2018, 06:54:30 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A gift from me to you  (Read 1925 times)

spirit

• Fir
A gift from me to you
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »

These are six forms of respect that i came up with to help me be a better person...and they bear fruit.
1...respect fear...im scared and then an answer will come to you on how to release yourself from your fear or situation...or something will happen on its own for you.
2...respect the truth...dont be lazy about it...little details make the difference in a story.
3...respect order...
4...respect life...
5...respect your mother and your father
6...respect yourself

This should help anybody find their way home.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: A gift from me to you
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:58:23 AM »

Thank you Spirit . Hope that what you wrote has helped with the troubles that you were having ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »

og,
Thank you for the words of advice. This definitely will help and does help. I know if I am true to myself, trust the process of life, and honor not only myself but spirit, my father and mother. Watch and work with the order of things. Not to mention LISTEN. Things just seem to work themselves out. I still have issues with fear. I allow it to get to me every time. When I realize this is what is going on. I can let go and things just come around for me.

Still, I have not taken the time to list these or to have them put in such a great way. It helps put things into prospective for me. Thanks ! og

BB!! MW
Blessed Be!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:47:28 PM »

I hope you are doing better Spirit.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

spirit

• Fir
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:18:00 PM »

To honour your parents is a gift....my parents have been unfair to me...so i still respect them...im not sure about honouring myself...it sounds a little silly to ask for that much respect from everyone. Listening is good but it would be nice if for once people would not have a response that hurts me when im being kind and sharing a part of myself with yall.

As far as fear goes...im going through the same thing...but hold onto this old saying from the bible...what can man do to me when the truth is on my side....

spirit

• Fir
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »

Honour is the aftermath of obeying and respecting your parents...your life and your accomplishments honour them.

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 06:59:37 AM »

Spirit,
If you have read the Bible. You know it also tell you... "Love and honor thy self." Meaning if you don't honor and love yourself. How can you ever know how to love or honor someone else? You must first learned to love yourself before you can love others, or honor them. If you don't at least like yourself. Everything in your life, or your way of thinking, will always seem negative. And negative things will always happen to you.

There is a book titled, "You can heal your self," by Louise Hay. She also has a video with the same title on YouTube. You might want to take the time to watch it. She is extremely good at helping people understand why loving and honoring yourself is so important. I wish you the best of! BB! MW
Blessed Be!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 03:19:02 PM »

Spirit , you should live your life for yourself not for others . Honor must beget honor , living your life so you are content should be all your parents could hope for . You can not be yourself by living someone else's life .

One of the most precious things we can have is to be free to live our lives the way we want and not to be controlled by others that is slavery .

Be yourself , because in thuth that's all you can be , if you want to be happy .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Firefox

• Fir
  • "give" said the little stream 🌊
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 10:45:10 PM »

Your life is your birthright!! Yours to live as you please.. Truly life is short, I like to think that family is a gift we are given, friends are the people(animals) we choose to surround our self's with...  love is the gift we give to show how much we care/appreciate them ... sometimes family can be our biggest support/foundation and/or our biggest down fall... but we can only truly begin to love others when we truly love our self's first.....

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »

In response to Spirit's comments on honor, I have to wonder just what some people think honor and respect actually are sometimes. Some seem to not get it. So much in this world could be settled if they did. To honor an respect someone is to not badmouth someone or swear at them. This includes one's self. Listen and consider carefully what they say before deciding how to respond while keeping in mind that you don't have to agree and follow what's said. If you need to say something then be honest, that can be done without being cruel but I don't see that being too big of an issue with what I've seen posted by you, Spirit. Live as healthy of a life as possible. Where family and especially parents are concerned it can get really difficult to hold your tongue and sometimes just doing what they want instead of what you need to do seems easiest. That isn't really respectful to you and because you cant honor what you are inside that way you could fall onto such an unnecessary path of unhappiness and hardship.

As a mother I can see sometimes what I want for my son isn't anywhere near what he wants for himself and I have to just keep my mouth shut out of respect and honor for him and his needs and capabilities. Those are his choices and I couldn't possibly be honoring myself or him by muscling him around. What makes him happy in life choices is what I'm supporting. I'll ask him if he's considered consequences on things and we do still talk about those but over all his choices are his.

All that said, everyone has a right to choose their life's directions. Just because the family is into one business doesn't mean the children are meant to follow in that same business. How many times do we here of parents, particularly mothers, pushing kids to excel in school and prep for collage to be doctors and lawyers? It was a huge thing back in the 80's and 90's from what I remember. In many cases that is clearly not what the child in question is geared for and it creates a huge amount of unhappiness for that child as they grow into adulthood. Figure out where your talents are and follow those. Explore, experience, and choose wisely. Even then, there isn't any written law or rule anywhere that says you have to stay on that path. Change is part of life. Take another path, cut out your own path. Do it with honor and respect towards yourself and those you meet when doing so and you'll be happier with yourself in the end.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 25+ years.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »

Change is a huge part of life, often preceded by chaos. Walk through the chaos and embrace change. Maybe what changes won't be what we want, but it will be what we need. Others cannot make the decision for us. We can seek advice and be grateful for what is given, but in the end it's the individual that decides what is best. This is what helps us to become adults.

I don't always see my son as an adult, but he is. All of us who are parents have a great need at times to make all the bad things go away for our
children. When what they need most is emotional support to embrace change. I recently went through this with my son and I think we both learned alot about each other. We learned to respect each other as individuals who had both had to make decisions re: serious life changes. I think we both found what we needed.

What do you seek?

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 05:32:41 AM »

Change is a huge part of life, often preceded by chaos. Walk through the chaos and embrace change. Maybe what changes won't be what we want, but it will be what we need. Others cannot make the decision for us. We can seek advice and be grateful for what is given, but in the end it's the individual that decides what is best. This is what helps us to become adults.

I don't always see my son as an adult, but he is. All of us who are parents have a great need at times to make all the bad things go away for our
children. When what they need most is emotional support to embrace change. I recently went through this with my son and I think we both learned alot about each other. We learned to respect each other as individuals who had both had to make decisions re: serious life changes. I think we both found what we needed.

Where's the LIKE button!!!! Well said Marisol!!! BB! MW
Blessed Be!

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »

I agree with both of you, Marisol and Mystik Witch, but at the same time I still remember what it is to be that age and have parental control over me be irritating and oppressive. As nice as it is to have people concerned for me, and my son knows  I am for him, I absolutely hated feeling like my mom was trying to control what I did. Perhaps that comes from more or less raising myself and my sister and brother since our parents divorced when I was still single digit in age. Both parents worked full time and Dad was pretty non existent and Mom too tired to be too involved until we hit our teenage years. Suddenly Mom decided we needed far more supervision when we were coming of an age that we should be exploring, making our own decisions and learning to live with consequences. Even then I realized that was necessary and yes, in that context. Maybe I'm a bit more optimistic than I should be but I feel unless there is a serious mental instability of some sort that teens and young adults are capable if we just leave them to it with an open door to just bounce ideas or advice if needed.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 25+ years.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »

I did not experience the same parental control as you Amber. There are times when I look back and i'm amazed I didn't get in more trouble than is normal for a teen-ager. I think my parents were easy on me coz I had depression as a teenager. I know now there were times they were very frightened for me and did give me a little nudge one way or the other. But my parents were never oppressive. I miss them both very much. I did the best I could to be a good parent, just as we all do.

Amber I think you have given a wonderful gift to your son.

What do you seek?

Pages: [1]   Go Up