Welcome, Guest
February 24, 2018, 07:41:28 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wisdom  (Read 1798 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »

Well said Mel, Accept the help/aid and pass it along. THAT should be enough reward for anyone who gives freely to another.

By all means while you're here, feel free to rifle through our many, many threads; there's mountains of stuff that will aid you in your worthy quest. We have a search engine that's pretty good too, and if you get stuck then please ask and someone will help. As with all new folks to their path, our advice is always based the same; read, read, read, and after you've read all you can, read some more. It's a tired old adage but it still rings true for us all ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

spirit

• Fir
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »

The whole point of learning is to lend understanding where needed until you find the truth. When is the last time any if you have been charitable and strengthened your beleif system...I just went and dumped off some good clothes at good will today. My point I'm trying to make isnits nice to receive something...but its also nice to give something back. Love is give and take...communication works the same way...trading responses...sex...hello! Life man...

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 02:42:57 AM »

The whole point of learning is to GAIN understanding. Teaching is offered but it is up to the recipient to receive and /or accept that teaching with good grace; in this place no return is expected, but we do hope that it is appreciated and even carried on to others who seek. As for the charity of our people here, I'm sure many of them give as they can in any way that they can and it is not for you or anyone else to challenge that. Yes it IS nice to receive something in return for ones efforts, but it is NOT expected

If you feel you are not gaining the teaching you want here, then you are not looking hard enough, you're not listening clearly enough, and/or you are not seeking fully enough; Perhaps even you are not being receptive enough. Also, if you feel you are not learning anything of worth here, then you are free to seek elsewhere. We will not hold you here if you do not want to stay.

One other thing you really need to understand is that if you are trying to bait people into getting into an argument, then you will be unceremoniously shown the door and ejected forthwith. We are not adverse to arguing a point, but healthy debate is what it should be. DO NOT TRY TO TAKE IT FURTHER!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »

Hmm... I have to wonder if there is a certain something Spirit is looking for but either just cant just flat out pinpoint or has trouble asking directly. If one grows in an environment where asking is rewarded with negative responses then one can stop asking and forget how to. It happens. I grew up in that sort of environment so I get it. I spent a good chunk of my 20s figuring that out.

The key is working through it and asking anyway.

You want to talk wisdom? That is combining experience and knowledge with the art of knowing when and how to speak up or if to just hush. That comes with experience, asking questions, observing and accepting that we can all sometimes get it wrong. Again, experience and being determined to learn from it when we are.

I do agree with Drac though, the whole point of learning is to gain the understanding, period. How you choose to use that understanding is very personal and individual. Hopefully we share in some way, be it by teaching or by just making choices that makes life a bit more bearable for others around us. Hopefully fewer will choose to cause some level of damages with it but that's to be expected from time to time. Not everyone has kind and generous notions but you really cant let that bother you. Try to do the best you can for you and let others have the chance to do the same. Push comes to shove, if someone around you is an unrepentant jerk and horribly negative, you can bid them a fond fair well so you can do better for yourself and hope they will eventually figure out how to do the same for themselves.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 20+ years.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »

Nice Aloe Vera plant Drac. ;D
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »

Nice Aloe Vera plant Drac. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 05:40:55 AM »

Hmm... I have to wonder if there is a certain something Spirit is looking for but either just cant just flat out pinpoint or has trouble asking directly. If one grows in an environment where asking is rewarded with negative responses then one can stop asking and forget how to. It happens. I grew up in that sort of environment so I get it. I spent a good chunk of my 20s figuring that out.

The key is working through it and asking anyway.

You want to talk wisdom? That is combining experience and knowledge with the art of knowing when and how to speak up or if to just hush. That comes with experience, asking questions, observing and accepting that we can all sometimes get it wrong. Again, experience and being determined to learn from it when we are.

I do agree with Drac though, the whole point of learning is to gain the understanding, period. How you choose to use that understanding is very personal and individual. Hopefully we share in some way, be it by teaching or by just making choices that makes life a bit more bearable for others around us. Hopefully fewer will choose to cause some level of damages with it but that's to be expected from time to time. Not everyone has kind and generous notions but you really cant let that bother you. Try to do the best you can for you and let others have the chance to do the same. Push comes to shove, if someone around you is an unrepentant jerk and horribly negative, you can bid them a fond fair well so you can do better for yourself and hope they will eventually figure out how to do the same for themselves.

Agree whole heartily! Well said! BB! MW
Blessed Be!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »

Spirit,, if you want us to understand then just write what you really want to say . It's not like we are there with you think of it as writing to yourself as in a dairy. Say what you mean metaphor 's don't work with people who don't know you. So why don't you start again and keep it plain.

We do want to help,
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

RavenHillWitch

• Elm
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »

Dear Spirit,
I don't know the situations of which you are referring , but you are right in this: I am growing old, I have earned it.  And who am I to challenge the "Omniscience of Youth"? 🔑😃  Be well, and I hope you find what you seek...
RHW
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up