Welcome, Guest
February 18, 2018, 06:14:37 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling the Need to Justify Belief  (Read 1640 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Feeling the Need to Justify Belief
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 02:29:18 AM »

As an Agnostic myself, I get exactly what you're saying Al.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 08:42:03 AM »

Yes, I'm right there with Alchymist.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 20+ years.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 09:06:21 AM »

I was a small boy when I started walking the woods and streams around our house.  My parents were non-demonimational Christians.  I was raised to believe in G-d, but it was only in the wild places that I truly experienced a very close proximity to it.  G-d to me, was always much more than the Christian concept; as a philosophical Christian witch(don't put me in a box); the Christian part is commonly misunderstood.  I don't practice any Christian religion; I merely recognize Jesus of Nazareth as a rebel Rabbi and possibly as a prophet; I'm non Biblical, in that I recognize all gospels of Christianity, even apocryphal(in the Catholic Bible and elsewhere). I also practice the doctrine of reciprocity.  I've never been Wiccan. 

I felt it was more important to build my own belief system based on my life experience and core beliefs rather than try to put them all into an ill-fitting box.  I've been very happy, and don't care much about the approval of others.  I don't talk about it unless asked; when asked I tell the total truth... never been much for closets.. LOL

, and
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 06:15:42 AM »

I was a small boy when I started walking the woods and streams around our house.  My parents were non-demonimational Christians.  I was raised to believe in G-d, but it was only in the wild places that I truly experienced a very close proximity to it.  G-d to me, was always much more than the Christian concept; as a philosophical Christian witch(don't put me in a box); the Christian part is commonly misunderstood.  I don't practice any Christian religion; I merely recognize Jesus of Nazareth as a rebel Rabbi and possibly as a prophet; I'm non Biblical, in that I recognize all gospels of Christianity, even apocryphal(in the Catholic Bible and elsewhere). I also practice the doctrine of reciprocity.  I've never been Wiccan. 

I felt it was more important to build my own belief system based on my life experience and core beliefs rather than try to put them all into an ill-fitting box.  I've been very happy, and don't care much about the approval of others.  I don't talk about it unless asked; when asked I tell the total truth... never been much for closets.. LOL

I like your thinking!!!! I to was raised in a very structured Christian belief religion. It never sat well with me. Since I finally decided to stop trying to conform to their way of thinking. I have become very happy in what I do believe in. I know there are higher powers out there. Exactly who they are is hard to pin point. I was taught there was the G-D head (3 spirits). Can't stick with that. There are many more then just three to my way of thinking. I find it very interesting to study them, their ways, and beliefs. Don't think I will ever find out all I want to know before this life is over. BB! MW
Blessed Be!

TheGreenWizard

• Rowan
  • Which way on the Golden Brick Road shall I go?
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »

I was not raised religious - my parents were too busy working to take us to Church and the like while were were growing up in the 90's. In 1999/2000, we moved back to my parents' hometown, right down from my father's parents. Part of the deal for this was we kids would have to go to Religion Class and get our first communion (super late on that) and confirmations.

During the 2000's, my grandparents would take us to Church on Sundays. Personally, I didn't like the Masses - mostly because it felt cult-like to me. I enjoyed the community of parishioners, and the architecture of the church, but that was it. I felt more secure and closer to divinity through my walks and journeys in nature - not in a church. In addition, I also felt judged whenever I went into church - either because I was seen as an outsider, or the fact that I was in the closet as a gay teen at that point in my life.

Luckily, before our confirmations, my mom told us this: simply do the confirmation, and then after that, you can do whatever you want - it's mostly for your Grandmother. When I was asked by the priest if I accept the Lord during Confirmation, I hesitated because I did not want to bind myself to a religion that I did not feel welcomed to nor one that I believed in. However, I still said yes because of family obligations.

That said... I felt close to divinity during my walks and meditations in the woods. Whenever I am in the Forest, I feels so much closer to the Divine. Now, regarding spirits, ghosts, and what not... that's a different story altogether :)
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 12:12:32 PM »

Actually Gw what more do we need. :)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up