Welcome, Guest
February 18, 2018, 12:51:20 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "You're Mine"  (Read 1213 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: "You're Mine"
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 11:42:11 AM »

Don't put much faith in what you get from yahoo or site like wiki source . You have to much of certain religions that stick their stuff into older religions so they can pay claim to them .

If you have time and if there is a senior retirement home for locals you may want to visit and ask some of the people what they may remember of stories about the area from their youth ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Nymree

• Elm
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »

I'll do my best and give it a shot if I can get the opportunity to. My only thought is that a thing I should be focusing on here is more the internal landscape, rather than the external. By this I mean, looking at my past attempts to contact deity and what I have been needing recently, what patterns have been occurring in my life, and how these factors may connect to this deity. I think looking at the local history is important, but unfortunately due to my position I don't have a great amount of opportunities available to me, even if that information is accessible.

It's a pain, because again all of this is new to me and riddling it out is becoming a big confusing mess in my mind, but I'll keep going and will possibly try some divination and meditation to reach this deity. Thanks so much for the help so far, I'll keep everyone updated with what I get and if anything new turns up.

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »

Gog and Magog, are, or alternatively Gogmagog is, whoever or whatever you want them/him to be, it seems; from a pair of demons in Muslim mythology, to the guardians of the City of London, to (obscurely) Biblical references to Russia and China (!!)

According to http://www.reformation.org/gog-and-magog.html :-
"Gog and Magog symbolize a worldwide Satanic confederacy that will attack the New Covenant Israel before the end of time."

.... whereas according to http://londonist.com/2016/01/gog-and-magog-who-are-they-and-what-do-they-have-to-do-with-london :-

"One of the legends of Gog and Magog explicitly concerns London. As with most legends, there are variations on the theme, but a popular one goes that Gog and Magog (or confusingly Magog and Cornelius) were two monstrous giants, the product of the 33 wicked daughters of Roman emperor Diocletian and certain demons they'd been canoodling with. As he founded New Troy (which would become London), the heroic Brutus tamed the two colossi, forcing them to serve as guardians of the city by chaining them outside his palace, the site of which is now Guildhall. Of course, the tale is nonsense, but somehow the legend lived on, and the duo continued to be associated as the city's guardians. The effigies of 'Gogmagot the Albion' and 'Corineus the Britain' were recorded as appearing at the coronation of Elizabeth I in 1558 (where exactly, it isn't clear), while the giants were already making appearances at the Lord Mayor's Show by 1554.
While originals, made from papier mache, went up in smoke during the Great Fire of London, the replacements were gnawed away by mice."

Another legend I've heard is that they were father-and-son Celtic chieftains, Gog and MacGog.

Good Ol' Uncle Google gives links to hundreds more possibilities; take your pick - or invent your own legend!

Blessed Be,

Alchymist. 
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up