Welcome, Guest
February 18, 2018, 12:49:29 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 50-75 words for a Pagan hospital chaplain  (Read 614 times)

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
50-75 words for a Pagan hospital chaplain
« on: August 29, 2016, 12:23:56 AM »

My wife Myranda is now, officially, the Pagan Chaplain at our local hospital. She has been requested to provide a short description of what it means to be a Chaplain for Pagan patients. Quoting from an email message sent from the head honcho Chaplain.....

.... once our Sacred Space is built, we're going to have an opening ceremony .... and hand out a leaflet to all hospital staff that come for the open house. .... Specifically, we're asking that a representative from each faith group interested in being included in the leaflet would answer the following question in 50-75 words: "If I'm caring for someone from your faith community, what is the most important thing I need to know?" .... A few suggestions might include your views on prayer, meditation, diet, special medical procedures .... medical assistance in dying, organ transplants, autopsies, and life support.

They don't ask for much, do they?

Well, if anyone on the Forum here has any suggestions as to what might be included, we'd be very grateful. Either a pm at obyrneprice@shaw.ca or here on the Forum.

Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
Re: 50-75 words for a Pagan hospital chaplain
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:19:10 AM »

WOW! Good luck with this. Energy is being sent your way. I wish you all the best in this new adventure! BB! MW
Blessed Be!

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »

Wow, congrats to her and good luck indeed!  Because most of those things are so very individual and personal subjects it would be difficult to come up with answers that would be fairly standard.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 20+ years.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

Congratulations Myranda. Sounds like a huge opportunity to help the community. Good luck.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1]   Go Up