Welcome, Guest
May 28, 2017, 09:38:06 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 303 times)

Ayedeas

• Alder
Hello!
« on: December 23, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »

Hello, everyone!

As you can guess, I am new to this forum, but I am also new to the world of Paganism and witchcraft.

My name is Jade, (though you can call me anything) and I was born into a Christian family and was raised as a Christian. As I grew older, and started to understand more about the religion, the more I disliked it. I didn't feel like I belonged, and a lot of anxiety and claustrophobia (for lack of a better word) has resulted because of it. I won't get into the details of why I decided it wasn't for me, as that's a long story and I don't think I can construe my thoughts in a way that would make sense.

At any rate, long story short, I have always felt more connected to the energies of the Earth. Storms energize me, and I feel calm, at peace, and refreshed under a full moon. I adore being surrounded by trees, and animals (generally) love me. The earth has this energy that I can't explain, and there are times where I want nothing more than to slip out in the middle of the night and just travel some nearby trails quietly and be one with nature. And don't get me started on horses - they have their own power and I feel a similar, strong connection with them as I do to the moon and the trees.

Once I started realizing that I didn't agree with the Christian religion, and started questioning whether I belonged in it, I started hearing more and more about Paganism. The more I heard about it, and learned about it, the more it started to click. This was about last year at this time, actually.

Slowly I started noticing Paganism more and more. I found out one of my sisters is Wiccan (and now two of mine are and my third is considering converting for the same reason I am), and then I found out so is one of my cousins. And then I found out one of my friends is Pagan (she hasn't identified with any specific branch) and now I have at least 10 friends or relatives that I've come to find are pagan in some form - most commonly Wiccan.

So I decided to do some serious research. And in my research I found this site and found the forum, and thus here I am! I've looked through the site and I'm continuing to look through and check out other sites, but if there's one way I can get some help and guidance in my journey, what better way than through a forum?

I have looked into the other branches of Paganism, and I've considered them all. This site and its explanation in particular seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, and so far Wicca seems to fit the most. So I would like to learn more about it.

This introduction was a mess, but I'm happy to be here and I hope to learn a ton!

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »

Welcome to our forum Ayedeas (that's a rather splendid name, is it traditional or did you make it up?). Things seem to be rather slow here at the moment, but posts seem to come in waves..... anyway there's a huge amount of excellent information here; read especially the sticky threads and any that particularly appeal to you.

Many of us here can relate to your story; I think the majority of us come from Christian family or social environments and have become dissatisfied with the religion as it is usually presented. There are other interpretations which make much more sense; you might like to investigate Gnosticism one of these days. Certainly the Old Testament, which seems to consist mostly of a chronicle and celebration of genocide, has little to recommend it.

Anyway, welcome to TCC; perhaps you'll become a regular contributor.

Blessed Be,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Ayedeas

• Alder
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 10:36:52 AM »

Thank you! The name is purely made up :)

I've been lurking the forums the past couple weeks, and I definitely think there is plenty here for me to learn and at least start on my path. I certainly hope to pop in regularly, though for now I may mostly lurk and gather information as opposed to actively contributing, until I know a little more about this and can contribute in a positive way. That being said, I definitely won't hesitate to ask questions should the need arise.

Thank you for having me!

Blessed be

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »

Greetings Ayedeas,

Yes, lurking is a perfectly acceptable activity here. Indeed it seems, looking at the membership lists, that many of us do little else; only a minority of members actually contribute (Hint! Hint!). We all lurk to some extent, but we accomplished lurkers have learnt to pace ourselves and we can lurk for many years if the need arises.

Blessed Be, lurkers everywhere,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 11:01:52 PM »

Welcome Ayedeas. I like your chosen name.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1]   Go Up