Welcome, Guest
June 25, 2017, 07:06:31 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beltane .  (Read 114 times)

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Beltane .
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »

Beltane the Good Fire Festival is almost upon use again . Time to call thanks to the Oak King , the GreenMan , the Lord of the Forest . Got some biodegradable paper kitchen towels and will dye them with green food coloring then cut them out to look like a GreenMan​ mask and will tie them to tree in the neighborhood on the night of April 30th . Already have a sack of nuts and seeds for the tree dwellers horse apples for the deer and local raccoon family . A small Balfire on the beach 🔥.

What have you got planned ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Micheál

• Rowan
  • Yeeeooo!
Re: Beltane .
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 04:08:35 PM »

Just our coven's Sabbat which falls on that Sunday before. Bealtaine mirrors Samhain in that liminal time "between the worlds," so we have a few little customs regarding that.

Luckily the four Celtic fire festivals, or greater Wiccan sabbats fall on bank holidays, so there's a few Bealtaine festivals throughout the country, but nowadays I usually spend an extra day off of work at the pub!
Semper Fi
Pages: [1]   Go Up