Welcome, Guest
September 25, 2017, 02:58:44 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 331 times)

cheese

• Orange
Hello
« on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »

So, it finally happened.

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend went to "Drums in the Swamp" (a pagan festival outside of Baton Rouge, Louisiana) as a vendor.  Well, she ended up selling squat, so she closed up shop and went to a few shamanistic workshops. 

And... She fell in love with the whole thing.  So to speak.  As she was telling me about her experiences, I mentioned that I have several friends who are in OBOD, and I've considered joining, but I've never "pulled the trigger" on joining.  I mentioned that I've dipped my toe into paganism, but never made the plunge.  I mentioned that I'm reiki attuned (by a Catholic nun, if you can believe it!  :) )

Well, we ordered the OBOD introductory material a few days ago, and it should be arriving next week sometime.  :)

I've always been attracted to paganism, but it took years and years for my lingering Catholicism to fall away.  Looks like it finally has fallen away and I'm actually really excited about this next step in my spiritual journey. 
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

cheese

• Orange
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »

I guess I need to explain why I have so many posts.... 

I used to post here, quite often, and then drifted away.  I'd show up every few years to say "hi" and see what was going on.

Hope that clarifies things.

:)

****and just like a newb, I post this in the wrong forum.  Sweet****
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:19:27 AM by cheese »
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:48:53 PM »

....And I'm just going to leave it here in the newbie page so we can all mock you relentlessly  ;D ;D

Good to see you again Cheese, you're always welcome to pop in or to stay if you wish, we like to see some old faces showing up.

Pleased for you about the OBOD, please let us know how you get on with it, I'm sure many of us would be interested; especially oldghost.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »

Nice to see that things don't really change 'round here.  :p

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »

Welcome back Cheese , and greeting fellow OBOD , I'd teach you the secret handshake but my arms aren't that long 👐👇👊🙏.

"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up