Welcome, Guest
December 13, 2017, 08:51:32 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting my journey with the Order of Bards, Oblates, and Druids  (Read 966 times)

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
Re: Starting my journey with the Order of Bards, Oblates, and Druids
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »

Hi Cheese,

Sorry to hear about the dramatics - always a danger, it seems, with any organization where the leadership becomes entrenched and starts laying down the law for everyone. We've had some similar instances here in Western Canada - naming no names - the attitude seems to be "We have The One And Only True And Genuine Way and if you're not doing things our way, well, you're simply wrong, deluded or nefarious."

This is one of the many reasons why I'm a Solitary......

Blessed Be,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

cheese

• Orange
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »

Hey guys.  Update.

We've sort of hooked into the larger of the two druid groves in Baton Rouge and we're planning on attending the Equinox ritual this weekend.

I'm looking forward to it.

Also Update:  I'm feeling sorta shaky with "belief" right now. My skepticism is hard to shake off and "disbelief" is winning over "belief".
Power corrupts not only those that wield power, but also those that submit to it.  ~Louis L'amour

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »

That's exactly as it should be, Cheese. Personally, I don't "believe" anything very much. I suspect a great many things: I suspect that some of them may even be "true", in some sense: but I don't "believe" any of them. A temporary suspension of disbelief is useful, at times, just to see where it takes you; but to "believe" something wholeheartedly can so easily lead to narrow-mindedness and a sort of spiritual arrogance - something to be avoided I would suggest.

Good luck with your chosen path; I trust it will bring you joy and adventure and, ultimately, wisdom and enlightenment,

Blessed Be,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:14 PM »

Your feeling of disbelief could also be a part of your inner sense telling you something is wrong heed it , look closer at what is going on with what you are doing or how you are doing it .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »

Disbelief and scepticism are not entirely bad things to be feeling, in fact they are perfectly healthy. Not only are they your defensive mechanism, but they also teach you to question and investigate, a thing we should always be doing whilst walking our paths. Perhaps what you're feeling is you telling yourself to question more and learn more.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »

Hi Cheese,

I have been thinking about the OBOD as well. It's what drew me to your post. I have pretty much been a solitary practitioner even though I was a part of a group in the beginning. Some personal drama always seemed to kick up, so after a couple of years we went our separate ways. I have always been on some sort of an earth based path. I started by what I know to be real such as the elements. I understand the feeling of disbelief as well. I have found that disbelief can occur because of the expectations of what we have been told or heard of from others. Everyone's experience is different. Thankfully the leader of the group I started in gave me good insight and explanation as my experiences were completely different from others in the group. I guess what I am saying is there are excellent reasons to be in a group, but equally to be solitary. Look in yourself and trust what you find. Be respectful and thankful. Understand that not everything will be opened to you at once, but only as you are ready and able to receive. May you find what are you looking for and it brings you peace and enlightenment.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up