Welcome, Guest
May 19, 2019, 07:25:03 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream with Persephone  (Read 671 times)

echoxnight

• Oak
Dream with Persephone
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »

I'm just gonna copy and paste from another forum. I'll still follow my gut on what to do, but I want opinions on a dream that ended with Persephone.

First, I dream a lot, usually just random stuff from shows
and what not. Lately however, of I have any dream with magick in it, there's been a kind older woman, wrinkled and with long greying hair, who seems to help me in some way. Including in the last dream I had weeks ago, only this one ended with a beautiful young brunette, specifically calling herslef Persephone, and thanking me for helping her (?). Until this dream, I have't been watching or reading anything on her or the other gods, so I doubt it's that, but I keep thinking about the dream. I don't know if I'm reading too much into or if I should follow my gut and look further into this. Input would be nice.

I should work on keeping a better dream journal lol

TheGreenWizard

• Rowan
  • Which way on the Golden Brick Road shall I go?
Re: Dream with Persephone
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »

I'm just gonna copy and paste from another forum. I'll still follow my gut on what to do, but I want opinions on a dream that ended with Persephone.

First, I dream a lot, usually just random stuff from shows
and what not. Lately however, of I have any dream with magick in it, there's been a kind older woman, wrinkled and with long greying hair, who seems to help me in some way. Including in the last dream I had weeks ago, only this one ended with a beautiful young brunette, specifically calling herslef Persephone, and thanking me for helping her (?). Until this dream, I have't been watching or reading anything on her or the other gods, so I doubt it's that, but I keep thinking about the dream. I don't know if I'm reading too much into or if I should follow my gut and look further into this. Input would be nice.

I should work on keeping a better dream journal lol
Hey echoxnight -

Can you go into more depth about the kind older woman? Also, what is your path currently (i.e., what deities do you work with now)?
With what I've read from others on different boards, sometimes it's not what you have read or watched, but what you have done, and sometimes a deity will be thankful and want to reach out to you. I think this is the case. However, I'm curious about the connection between the older woman, and Persephone...
I'd suggest maybe doing a meditation or prayer to both figures and ask them questions. Never hurts!
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

echoxnight

• Oak
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »

No matter how weird the rest of the dream the old woman is always kind and smiling. She seems to run a shop out of what looks like a little old Victorian looking house. Seeming to have the thing I need. Haven't had a dream with her the last couple weeks, but I'm sure she'll be back lol. Persephone was just there at the end, thanked me and then I woke up. Been trying to think what I could have done lately for that, but I'm coming up blank. I don't currently work with any deities, but would love to. I just do what feels right when/if I do anything magical.

Oh and the old woman has a motherly feel to her.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:17:29 PM by echoxnight »

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:03:28 AM »

Have you been eating apples ?.

When you say the older women has a shop and has what you need , what is it , herbs , candles , books ?. Was Persephone in the shop ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

echoxnight

• Oak
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »

No, but apples sound good lol.
I fewl like I notice herbs in the 'shop' more, maybe crystals too. The old woman showed up three times though. And no, Persephone was just once, and at the end of the last one I remeber.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »

Have to ask how do you know it was Persephone ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

echoxnight

• Oak
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:29:35 AM »

She said she was Persephone lol

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 06:43:42 AM »

That works , what else did she say or do ?.

echoxnight

• Oak
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »

She didn't get much in before I woke up. Just thanked me for helping her and told me who she was. Felt like she mayvhave had more to say, but didn't get to. But I remember she looked young and beautiful, with brown hair done up. And wear the style of dress you usually see in old Greek paintings or statues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up