Welcome, Guest
November 18, 2019, 11:32:52 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do I go from Here?  (Read 735 times)

EvaMoon

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Where do I go from Here?
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:39:04 AM »

So, I've been reading a ton of books, and watching a ton of videos, and I believe I have found a path.
I felt very drawn to the Shamanic Wicca path, as I myself, from a young child have had many experiences with spirits, and I am very interested in the spirit realm, and the other practices as far as Shamanism go. I've found I feel very drawn to Morrígan. I also, decided to meditate last night and find out my spirit's guides name, and the first name that popped into my head was Gaia.

-Thus, I feel fairly content with this path that I've sort of begun here, but have no idea what to do next. I can't even begin to imagine where I go from here on out. I am interested in witchcraft, and would like to start beginning on spells, and rituals.
Although I've been studying a whole couple weeks, I still feel a little disoriented and confused, considering there's so much to know. I'd like to even begin on my book of Shadows, but so far I just have the Wiccan Rede, my Introduction, and a couple meditation entries.
I'm a little lost in this sea of knowledge, and a helping hand would be greatly appreciated.
--Also, forgive me, I have not introduced myself. My name is Yvonne, but I go by Eva, as a sort of nickname I have picked up along the years of people who can't pronounce/spell my name. I am currently 20 years old and I work as a waitress. So far not in school, because I am very content with the wage I am making (especially with tips, whew), and I am not sure what I'd want to study for the rest of my life.
 Part of me is very artistic and I love to sketch, another part of me adores animals and would love to work with them, but if I ever became a vet, I could never bear to put down animals, and that's why I avoid it. It hurts me to see them in pain, and I feel a connection so strongly with animals, that I feel their pain as my own. I care a little less about people, and I mean that completely unoffensively, I just have noticed how broken this world has become, and how screwed up alot of people are. I do care about people, however, I am very empathetic. And perhaps I'd like to pursue a therapist career, a degree in psychology.
But, we shall see, where life takes me. I look forward to conversing with you all, cheers :D

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Where do I go from Here?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »

Well meet EvaMoon .

You had a good path chosen for you ( yes chosen for you ) . Gaia calls to her children when she needs them . Don't be so quick to start trying to do spell work . Beginnings can take much practice and if things don't go as you expected then people feel they are doing something wrong . You don't learn to fly a plane in one day so don't rush it . Being a Shepard of the land also means caring for the other lives that live on it not just the plants .

Starting a BOS and learning the Rede are not important now . What you must learn is to become one with all the other lives , it may sound like a big job but it's not . I will be happy to help you but it will be slow am just recovering from a illness .

You will want to start a dream journal right away . Keep a pad an a  few pencil next to where you sleep and start written everything you remember the minute you awake . One thing that you should save up for is a voice active recorder . You'll find that you can have some interesting conversations and you could hear others speak to you .

About be a vet , think not of having to put the other life down but how much suffering you can stop by doing it .

Oldghost , any help just ask
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up