Welcome, Guest
November 13, 2018, 10:28:31 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Read THIS if you want to be Wiccan.  (Read 81656 times)

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: Read THIS if you want to be Wiccan.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

I am agreeing because this is something that has needed said for quite some time. So many people come on here not understanding Wicca is as real a religion as any other. They needed to hear that it is real, its taken quite seriously by those who actually follow it and that its not a game.

Fixed.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Wolf

• Oak
  • I've found Paradise.
    • Lupine Creations
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »

Thank you, Arnemetia. I know it might seem silly, but I just took a little exception to how it was before.  ;D

About what Corvus wrote,

I agree with it because it makes clear some things that many people don't already know, but(IMO) should have in-mind.
Aside from it's matter-of-fact nature, I appreciate how the passion C_A has for his beliefs is apparent.

I'll be so bold as to say that it's a bit of a "crash-course" introductory to what Wicca isn't.

EDIT: spelling

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:22:20 PM by Wolf »
Reality isn't based on popular opinion.

For I am....a tree.
"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us."~Hamlet

Keysol

• Ash
  • "Words without thoughts never to heaven go"
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »

Unfortunately for you DJ, you are not the voice that is heard when people start reading about Wicca.

In the age of DYI...Wicca has become the religion of choice because it can be folded, creased, crimped, and cut into a pretty snowflake.

Sorry to say...it's a fight your gonna loose, but hopefully you keep fighting the good fight.

Meanwhile, I'll stand over there and quietly accept your Wiccan wannabe throw aways. WE don't turn anyone away... ;)

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far." Swami Vivekananda

wookie8662

• Alder
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 11:17:36 PM »

Ive read Hermes Ramblings.
We now need a C_A's ramblings area.   ;)

I wish I had read something like this post when I first started.
I am not Wiccan, but I am still a seeker.

Then again, it is probably better I learned things on my own.

Good post.
Easy to understand, and to the point.

I give it two furry thumbs up. (Im a wookie, duh.)

FireWillow

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:34 AM »

Meanwhile, I'll stand over there and quietly accept your Wiccan wannabe throw aways. WE don't turn anyone away... ;)

*giggles*

*gazes into crystal ball*  *in that haunting charlatan-like voice* I see many newbies pledging to carry your buckets in the near future.

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
  • Figment of Your Imagination
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 05:59:07 AM »

This is the exact reason why I've decided to go back to lurking in this forum. I don't agree with organized religion because there is something about being told what I should and shouldn't believe in that rubs me the wrong way. I'm not saying that what C_A wrote was wrong because it's right for many Wiccans. I can also see why a good many of you are standing behind what he wrote. So on that note...this is one less "fluffy bunny" that you Wiccans will have to worry about. The people in Christianity and Wiccan have helped me decide that religion is not for me. So thanks everyone.....
If it doesn't feed me or pay attention to me then it doesn't exist.

Can I kill him? No? What about eating him? Can I eat him? No? Your no fun!

Go away! Your stupidity might be contagious.

http://karnash.wordpress.com/

wynturchylde

• Cypress
  • Above the world so high Like a teatray in the sky
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:22 AM »

I agree with C_A simply beacuse although I am not Wiccan, I still follow a a Pagan path. I cannot count how many people have approached me in the metaphysical store I volunteer in, asking me to 'teach' them. When I ask why, they proceed to tell me what 'they alreay know.' Which usually is something gleaned from Charmed or The Craft.

I have had more than one person who has theateded to 'curse' me or claim that I am not serious in my chosen path. When they aske me to teach them, I walk them over to the bookshelves and hand them Wicca: Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and say "There, I taught you."

I dont even bother trying to explain the difference between Pagan and Wiccan or even Witchcraft. IMO its not ny place to tell anyone else what to believe. But if they seriously want to learn, and have just been wading in miss-information, at least I gave them a good resource.

I do believe I went on a tangent somewhere along here, but considering who I am, thats not surprising....

Bottom line: Wicca, magic and Paganisim is not a fashion statement or something to be employed for the 'shock factor'. If you're serious, great. If you're not, then go back to Church.

Once again, Kudos to C_A for writing down what we're all (or at least I) am thinking. 
Starkle Starkle little Bat
How I wonder what youre at

Due to the recession the 7course gormet meal you paid for will be replaced with instant ramen and m&ms

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin funny but I don't know why
Scuse me while I kiss the sk

Wolf

• Oak
  • I've found Paradise.
    • Lupine Creations
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »

The religions tell you what you must believe to follow that religion, but it's always your choice whether or not to be part of that religion.

See, I think you choose a religion because you agree with it's teachings beforehand. I hear people say that they dislike organized religion all the time because they don't like the idea of being told what to do. After a while, I start thinking "If I'm part of one of these "organized religions," do those people think I'm being forced to do something?"

If what I'm saying is a little scattered, I'll try to sum it up:
While there are things you must follow in an organized religion, it's always your choice whether or not to follow that religion.(I'm glad we've got that freedom..)
Reality isn't based on popular opinion.

For I am....a tree.
"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us."~Hamlet

Rhea Li

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:50 AM »

Most of the people in this thread seems to have said all that I wanted to say on why I agree with C_A.

Jaidann

• Rowan
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »

This is the exact reason why I've decided to go back to lurking in this forum. I don't agree with organized religion because there is something about being told what I should and shouldn't believe in that rubs me the wrong way. I'm not saying that what C_A wrote was wrong because it's right for many Wiccans. I can also see why a good many of you are standing behind what he wrote. So on that note...this is one less "fluffy bunny" that you Wiccans will have to worry about. The people in Christianity and Wiccan have helped me decide that religion is not for me. So thanks everyone.....

I think you misunderstood.  Or maybe I'm all wrong about what he wrote.  I'm sure I'll be corrected if I didn't understand correctly.  But I'm pretty sure he didn't say you can't be what you want.  You can.  You can be whatever you want.  Believe whatever you want.  Make your own way and your own path.  Have it your way.  Just the way you like it.  Just don't call it Wicca.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Taliesin

• Oak
  • I'll convert you
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 01:24:59 PM »

Well, the idea of religion is to follow what its set out right? Otherwise if you change the core beliefs of a religion, you are breaking the mould.

Its like when your cooking Pasta, but you decide to replace Pasta with Rice.... You are not eating Pasta anymore. Unless its Pasta and rice which personally don't go together. I mean you can call it Pasta if you want, but you'll be getting alot of wtfing from everyone else.
I can never look at The Beatles the same again.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

I think you misunderstood.  Or maybe I'm all wrong about what he wrote.  I'm sure I'll be corrected if I didn't understand correctly.  But I'm pretty sure he didn't say you can't be what you want.  You can.  You can be whatever you want.  Believe whatever you want.  Make your own way and your own path.  Have it your way.  Just the way you like it.  Just don't call it Wicca.

I believe you got it right.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »

Well, the idea of religion is to follow what its set out right? Otherwise if you change the core beliefs of a religion, you are breaking the mould.

Its like when your cooking Pasta, but you decide to replace Pasta with Rice.... You are not eating Pasta anymore. Unless its Pasta and rice which personally don't go together. I mean you can call it Pasta if you want, but you'll be getting alot of wtfing from everyone else.

I think that is where a lot of people have issues. They want to follow their own path, with the "comfort" of labeling it something it is not.

[side note: whenever I cook pasta, my boyfriend throws a grain of rice in, he calls it "rice surprise" haha]
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »

I'm confused.  Why is it again that you need to go back to "lurking" ??

Either I completely do NOT understand what you wrote here ... or else I will also have to go to just lurking on the forum because I've made it abundantly clear to everyone here for the past almost 10 years that I am not Wiccan and never will be.  It's kind of sad that I won't be able to join in any discussions any longer.  But oh well ...

Since this could potentially be a huge turning point in my membership, could you please explain why it is that lack of acceptance of the dogma of an established religion requires you to not post on the forum??

FireWillow

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »

Since this could potentially be a huge turning point in my membership, could you please explain why it is that lack of acceptance of the dogma of an established religion requires you to not post on the forum??

You have to be Wiccan to post here.   Non-Wiccans are only allowed to lurk.  Didn't you read the rulez?! *facepalm*

By posting in this forum, you are agreeing to the terms that you have dedicated yourself the the Wiccan faith, which is legally binding in 49 of the 50 states (of FW's consciousness).

Call first!  No takesy backseys!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up