Welcome, Guest
October 16, 2018, 06:54:13 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Read THIS if you want to be Wiccan.  (Read 80119 times)

Taliesin

• Oak
  • I'll convert you
Re: Read THIS if you want to be Wiccan.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »

How about we call the non-Wiccans, Wiccans and the Wiccans Wiccan-Wiccans ?

The voice of reason.
I can never look at The Beatles the same again.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »

How about we call the non-Wiccans, Wiccans and the Wiccans Wiccan-Wiccans ?

The voice of reason.

Dont encourage anyone  :P
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 11:58:31 PM »

You have to be Wiccan to post here.   Non-Wiccans are only allowed to lurk.
Ocrap.  I'm in trouble.

Didn't you read the rulez?! *facepalm*
I'm a guy.  I don't read directions.  Geez.

By posting in this forum, you are agreeing to the terms that you have dedicated yourself the the Wiccan faith, which is legally binding in 49 of the 50 states (of FW's consciousness).

OK.

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
  • Figment of Your Imagination
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 05:21:49 AM »

Did I say lurking?? O_o *goes back to read what she wrote* I guess I did...Well when I figure out why you guys will be the first to know. Well technically you'll be the second because I'll be the first to know.

Let me get my thoughts formulated and I will explain myself better. (Not that anyone cares..you guys just needed someone to pick on)
If it doesn't feed me or pay attention to me then it doesn't exist.

Can I kill him? No? What about eating him? Can I eat him? No? Your no fun!

Go away! Your stupidity might be contagious.

http://karnash.wordpress.com/

FireWillow

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »

Did I say lurking?? O_o *goes back to read what she wrote* I guess I did...Well when I figure out why you guys will be the first to know. Well technically you'll be the second because I'll be the first to know.

Let me get my thoughts formulated and I will explain myself better. (Not that anyone cares..you guys just needed someone to pick on)

Not at all.  There are plenty of people here to pick on. ;)

But getting back to what you wrote:

This is the exact reason why I've decided to go back to lurking in this forum. I don't agree with organized religion because there is something about being told what I should and shouldn't believe in that rubs me the wrong way. I'm not saying that what C_A wrote was wrong because it's right for many Wiccans. I can also see why a good many of you are standing behind what he wrote. So on that note...this is one less "fluffy bunny" that you Wiccans will have to worry about. The people in Christianity and Wiccan have helped me decide that religion is not for me. So thanks everyone.....

If you were to belong to any religion, not just Wicca or Christianity (unless there's one whose dogma states "believe whatever you want."), you are going to be expected to, by its adherents, believe what are accepted tenets and dogma.  This is why many decide to simply be spiritual rather than subscribe to any organized religion. 

I'm sure you'll remember just a few months ago, I was struggling with this very thing myself.  After a while of reflection, I came to the conclusion that my beliefs and dogma fit perfectly into Solitary Wicca, an evolutionary product of Wicca.

Yes, there are things one must believe to be Wiccan.  There are things that one must do to be Wiccan.  Just because one doesn't fall into this structure does not mean that one is 'fluffy' (unless one is representing them as Wicca).  It simply means that one believes something else...whether it be a pagan belief that is similar to that of Wicca or whatever.  So long as it's understood that it is not Wicca.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:40:16 AM by FireWillow »

Wolf

• Oak
  • I've found Paradise.
    • Lupine Creations
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 05:43:12 AM »

Kitten, there are plenty of other people to pick on. haha

I'd just hate for you to go all ghost-mode on us for such a silly reason.
Reality isn't based on popular opinion.

For I am....a tree.
"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us."~Hamlet

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 05:48:13 AM »

I'm a natural lurker anyway. I don't know why I wrote my mini rant, 2 days 4 hrs of sleep... IDK. I'll try to explain myself better. Just need to figure out what I want to say without it coming off as a temper tantrum.

FireWillow

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »

2 days 4 hrs of sleep...

That's a lot of sleep! :o

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 06:41:17 AM »

That's a lot of sleep! :o

That is sarcasm right? O_o

Wolf

• Oak
  • I've found Paradise.
    • Lupine Creations
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 06:42:18 AM »

The way you worded it, it sounded like you got 2days and 4hours of sleep.
Reality isn't based on popular opinion.

For I am....a tree.
"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us."~Hamlet

FireWillow

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »

That is sarcasm right? O_o

No.  I can't sleep more than 9 hours straight.  To sleep for 52 hours straight is an incredible feat!

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »

No.  I can't sleep more than 9 hours straight.  To sleep for 52 hours straight is an incredible feat!

Ah! That means I didn't write it clearly enough. I wasn't trying to say that I had slept for 2 days and 4 hours, I was trying to say that I only had 4 hours of sleep in 2 days.

FireWillow

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49:09 AM »

Ah! That means I didn't write it clearly enough. I wasn't trying to say that I had slept for 2 days and 4 hours, I was trying to say that I only had 4 hours of sleep in 2 days.

Oh...well then...that's not enough sleep.

You should probably take a nap.

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 07:57:01 AM »

(Not that anyone cares..you guys just needed someone to pick on)

Not really.  I didn't mean to "pick on" you.

... well ... yeah ... I did ... BUT ...:

The REASON for the picking on is to make a point that you don't need to belong to any particular religion or use any particular label in order to explore Spirituality or even to have very definite spiritual and theological thoughts and feelings.  And you CERTAINLY don't need to be of a particular religion in order to join in to discussions on this forum (in spite of FireWillow's contract under which you'll automatically be officially designated a "Wiccan" -- he just wants more cult members religious adherents).

Wicca has become a popular label these days.  It sells books.  Teenage girls who want their independence find it convenient to "become" Wiccan.  It sounds all magickal and cool.  It even contains a whole lot of good Spiritual exploration and Truths and a moral basis that can be used in your life and it "calls" to people who are looking for a more mystical approach to Life. 

But NONE of those reasons (not even the last one) is a valid reason for merely calling yourself "Wiccan" without understanding the actual dogma of the actual religion that was created by Gerald Gardner.

You can do ALL that stuff -- even the sounding all magical and cool -- and do it openly and freely here on the forum if you want to, and you don't need to take on the label of any particular established religion.

Demonic Kitten

• Hawthorn
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:56 AM »

If I had to call myself anything it would be Seeker because I'm not a Wiccan, or Christian, or Satanist, or Buddhist....you get the idea. Yeah, I'm reading about these religions along with quite a few others, but I'm not looking to join any certain religion. Saying that I dislike organized religion might have been the wrong choice of words, but that's what you get from a sleep deprived PMSing woman who is having severe OCD episodes. Instead of a religious person I am more of a spiritual person. I think that "label" suits me better. I could throw a temper tantrum and say that the people and the religion sucks, but that would be unproductive not to mention untrue and a waste of breath(or typing skills). People are people and relgion is religion. Just because I don't like the religion or the person does not mean that it is wrong or the person is an idiot(well...that's a whole nother conversation ~_^).

At first I was having trouble finding a religion to fit me, but then I started asking myself why do I need religion. So that is the place I am at now. Still seeking, but not really searching for anything.

Did any of that make sense?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up