Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 04:01:54 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Wicca and Black Magic go together  (Read 8422 times)

l0st_s0ul

Can Wicca and Black Magic go together
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »

i have heard that if someone was a Wiccan then they can't hurt another living thing but it also makes me think that if someone is a wiccan can they devulge in Black Magic ?

FireWillow

Re: Can Wicca and Black Magic go together
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »

Where did you hear if someone is Wiccan, they can't hurt another living thing?  Because that is not true.  I, being Wiccan, am very capable of hurting living things.  Of course, I choose to live by the advise outlined in the Wiccan Rede with the knowledge of consequence laid out in the Law of Return.  That is not to say that I will not hurt another living thing, but that I am aware of the ramifications of doing so.

Before I reply to the last part of your question, please give me your definition of "Black Magic."

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »

Where did you hear if someone is Wiccan, they can't hurt another living thing?  Because that is not true.  I, being Wiccan, am very capable of hurting living things.  Of course, I choose to live by the advise outlined in the Wiccan Rede with the knowledge of consequence laid out in the Law of Return.  That is not to say that I will not hurt another living thing, but that I am aware of the ramifications of doing so.

Before I reply to the last part of your question, please give me your definition of "Black Magic."

So, in Wicca, it's okay to drop a train on someone, as long as you can handle the 3 fold law?
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

FireWillow

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »

So, in Wicca, it's okay to drop a train on someone, as long as you can handle the 3 fold law?

Not exactly the direction I was taking this, but yeah...

...however, I only drop trains on people in self-defense.

l0st_s0ul

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »

What i mean by black magic is (conjouring demons) (hurting people with spells) (turning people aginest one another)

also i am not yet enlightened enough to know about black magic so i am still learning

FireWillow

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »

What i mean by black magic is (conjouring demons) (hurting people with spells) (turning people aginest one another)

As a general rule of thumb, Wiccans do not do these things you mention.  So it is safe to say that Wiccans don't perform black magic as you define it. (Of course, depending on circumstance, there are times when such practice is justified.)

Wiccans perform what I call constructive and destructive magic.  What kind of magic is used depends on the purpose.

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »

Not exactly the direction I was taking this, but yeah...

...however, I only drop trains on people in self-defense.

Same here.  But I have the same definition of "self defense" as Donald Rumsfeld.   :)
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

l0st_s0ul

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »

FireWillow i like how you expressed it as something a lot nicer and clearer :)

so would you enlighten me as to what can happen in constructive and Destructive magic ?

Thank you :D

l0st_s0ul

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »

also i see where your comming from im just reading this part on this site

Code: [Select]
Their main rule of behavior is the Wiccan Rede which forbids them from harming people, including themselves, except in some cases of self-defense

FireWillow

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »

so would you enlighten me as to what can happen in constructive and Destructive magic ?

I'd love to.  First we should agree upon a definition of 'magic.'  Then we can move on from there.  How do you define 'magic?'  (I would like your definition, not something you pull of of some website.)

l0st_s0ul

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »

my defenition of magic - is spells used to grow plants or to heal someone who is ill or change the way something looks to one person type of thing

thats what i think magic is evan tho there is more than just a few defenitions

SSRH

• Holly
  • Derp derp derp oops
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

also i am not yet enlightened enough to know about black magic so i am still learning
Why would you consider this, "black" magic? Additionally, what do you consider a "demon?" To me, it seems that would entirely be a manner of perspective (i.e. Cernunnos would be associated with Satanism by many Roman Catholics, while being viewed as a deity here on TCC). I can think of positive uses for a tool such as the Goetia, assuming one would have the psychological fortitude to use it effectively.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:37:22 PM by SSRH »
For I have known them all already, known them all: Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons, I have measured out my life with coffee spoons; I know the voices dying with a dying fall. Beneath the music from a farther room. So how should I presume?

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

Lost soul, I would STRONGLY urge you to start reading.

Read here, at TCC.  Read books.  REAL bbooks.  There is a reading list in this section.

You can banter back and forth over what you think "A" is, or what "B" means, but until you have delved into some meaningful writings, you, me, and ALL of us are doing less than GUESSING between the lines.

If you have a question, based on solid information that you have a bit of an issue with, there is NO BETTER site than this for further insight...but you have to help yourself.  Doing so helps us to help you.  Win-win-win.

As for the rest of you, go ahead....I'm waiting.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

FireWillow

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »

my defenition of magic - is spells used to grow plants or to heal someone who is ill or change the way something looks to one person type of thing

thats what i think magic is evan tho there is more than just a few defenitions

Dig a little deeper. 

Basically you said that magic is a spell.  Well, then we need to define 'spell.' 

Without knowing what a spell is, based on your definition, magic can be fertilizer, medication, or Maybelline makeup.

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »

(i.e. Cernunnos would be associated with Satanism by many Roman Catholics, while being viewed as a deity here on TCC).
Hmmmm ... so what about Roman Catholics here on TCC ?? (We have had some !!   ;D  )
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up