Welcome, Guest
August 19, 2019, 09:16:41 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Wicca and Black Magic go together  (Read 8391 times)

FireWillow

Re: Can Wicca and Black Magic go together
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Hmmmm ... so what about Roman Catholics here on TCC ?? (We have had some !!   ;D  )

Still?  I thought TBM was the last of 'em.

We have a few FORMER Roman Catholics...myself included.

SSRH

• Holly
  • Derp derp derp oops
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »

Hmmmm ... so what about Roman Catholics here on TCC ?? (We have had some !!   ;D  )
I dunno; I'd ask them.
For I have known them all already, known them all: Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons, I have measured out my life with coffee spoons; I know the voices dying with a dying fall. Beneath the music from a farther room. So how should I presume?

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »

Still?  I thought TBM was the last of 'em.

Still??  Not that I know of.  But I didn't say we have any currently.

And Idunno ... TBM may have considered Cernunnos to be a "demon" ... or maybe not ... most likely just a myth.

Mickey and Cheese (when Cheese was Catholic) would have been the main ones I was thinking of.  Mickey especially, as she was actively teaching her kids Catholic doctrine at the same time as Wiccan and doctrine from other religions.

FireWillow

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »

Still??  Not that I know of.  But I didn't say we have any currently.

Sorry, I just went back and reread your post.  My eyes skipped over the 'had' the first time I read it.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »

What i mean by black magic is (conjouring demons) (hurting people with spells) (turning people aginest one another)

also i am not yet enlightened enough to know about black magic so i am still learning
Even when one does not intend to hurt someone with a spell, it can still happen.  Then again, for every person who interprets a spell as causing harm, someone else might not share that same view point.  You seem really into the whole demon thing. 
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

Keysol

• Ash
  • "Words without thoughts never to heaven go"
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »

Dig a little deeper. 

Dig a little deeper?

You must have been in a good mood. lol
"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far." Swami Vivekananda

FireWillow

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »

Dig a little deeper?

You must have been in a good mood. lol

I was.  It's passed.  If you'd have hung around here more, you wouldn't have missed it. :P ;)

Keysol

• Ash
  • "Words without thoughts never to heaven go"
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »

I was.  It's passed.  If you'd have hung around here more, you wouldn't have missed it. :P ;)

I was very very very sick. This is probably the longest time I have actually sat up in bed for the past week. I logged in a few times on my phone (I didn't have my laptop where I was) but pretty much logged off after a few minutes.

Anyway, it took me a few hours to get caught up, now I'm exhausted...lol. You people have way too much time on your hands!
"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far." Swami Vivekananda

FireWillow

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

I was very very very sick. This is probably the longest time I have actually sat up in bed for the past week. I logged in a few times on my phone (I didn't have my laptop where I was) but pretty much logged off after a few minutes.

Anyway, it took me a few hours to get caught up, now I'm exhausted...lol. You people have way too much time on your hands!

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm hoping you are on the road to a full recovery.

The phone experence just isn't the same as being here in person on the computer.

...and yeah...having given up television...and being either in single digit weather or a half a foot of snow have freed up a good deal of time.

Jadaja Talios

• Willow
  • With the Lady's Blessings...
    • Meditations and Magick
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »

I define black magick as that used to manipulate, harm, kill, destroy (eg someone's livelyhood out of sheer hatred).  there is no love involved only hate, anger, greed, etc...  although you might do a spell or ritual out of love it's outcome and the means to the outcome can turn the spell into black magick- you do a spell to get $100k and suddenly someone you care about gets hurt or killed and you get the $100k due to their injury or death can be considered accidental black magick.  now you do the same spell but and someting like 'let this spell harm none on it's way', 'may this be for the good of all things', etc... if you aren't specific enough you can do accidental black magick.  then there are times when someone dies anyway and you were in their will long before you did the spell, and they were meant to die anyway and you were meant to have that money at the time, they person had cancer or something like that and wanted you to get at least some of their money for whatever reason, even if you didn't know them.  a distant uncle that you never met is an excellent example.

wiccans don't do anything simply out of malice due to the rebound effect of the law of return.  if they do they quickly learn not to ever again.  think of the sign/ engraving over the doors of the ancient mystery schools 'know thyself". 
With the Lady's Blessings,

Jadaja Talios

Starrry_Night

• Fir
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »

i have to agree with Jadaja, as long as u do to help others and are specific about it then u should not "bump" in to black magic
Religion is a personal and spiritual journey to find ones self and to achieve a oneness with their surroundings.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »

wiccans don't do anything simply out of malice due to the rebound effect of the law of return.  if they do they quickly learn not to ever again.  think of the sign/ engraving over the doors of the ancient mystery schools 'know thyself".  

You so sure about that?

i have to agree with Jadaja, as long as u do to help others and are specific about it then u should not "bump" in to black magic

Okay.  But what if, in helping another, you impose upon their free will?

Say, you want to help them overcome an addiction.  But they don't want to.

You've imposed upon their ability to make their own choices.

That's rather malicious, honestly.

Carbon

• Holly
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »

wiccans don't do anything simply out of malice due to the rebound effect of the law of return.  if they do they quickly learn not to ever again.

I've done a few of things out of malice - I'm also still going through the consequences of those actions years ago (not as bad times as it was - but I can still tell its lingering around).

Does it go against our religious beliefs?  of course - but nobody is perfect.  We just have to be accepting of the consequences of doing so.

Starrry_Night

• Fir
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

in your example, Hjolmaer, u say that helping someone overcome an addiction and they dont what u to; well n my opinion that is more helping them out how you see fit not how they see fit, i personally would never help someone unless they really wanted my help due to getting walked on by so many people. but i can see how you see it.
Religion is a personal and spiritual journey to find ones self and to achieve a oneness with their surroundings.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »

One thing I read when starting out as always stuck with me:

"Not all Witches are Wiccan, but all Wiccans are Witches"

I took that to mean that you can be a witch & do spells but not follow the Rede.  But I also have a quote from the movie The Craft sticking out (they had Wiccas working on that movie including the actress that played Nancy):

"True Magick is neither black or white, it is both because nature itself is both."

Think about a lion, it may be cruel to us to see a lionness killing a gazelle.  But that gazelle will feed her cubs & killing the gazelle keeps the population in check.  So there is the good & bad of nature.  I think as long as you don't TRY to hurt another person with spells and magic, you're on the "good" side of Wicca.

***Preparing for the rebuttals by hiding under my rock***
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up