Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Wicca ...  (Read 12088 times)

FireWillow

Re: Is Wicca ...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »

OK.  Here comes the "wise" guy to set y'all straight ...

See... there your are... and we always figured you were prime...*lol*

She's not "prime" because ...

• According to her she is "even."
  • The only even prime number is two.
  • Her multiple personalities are more than two.
  • So if she is more than two and she is even then she cannot be prime.

Ahh, but if her personalities are not whole personalities, she still could be prime.  If she has 4 half personalities, or 8 quarter personalities, she would still be prime and even.  Therefore, it is still within the realm of possibility that she would be prime.

You're welcome.

Rhea Li

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »

ROTFLMAO

I have 4 separate personalities. Include myself, 5. So I guess I'm prime. :P Man, and here I thought I was even. Darn.  :P lol

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »

ROTFLMAO

I have 4 separate personalities. Include myself, 5. So I guess I'm prime. :P Man, and here I thought I was even. Darn.  :P lol

Well ... my conclusion above was obviously based on my assumption that you were "even" as you said.

But what you say does make sense because I've been suspecting that instead of being "even" you are actually extremely odd.  (And there you have it ... we're right back to what we all really knew in the first place.)

Rhea Li

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »

Well ... my conclusion above was obviously based on my assumption that you were "even" as you said.

But what you say does make sense because I've been suspecting that instead of being "even" you are actually extremely odd.

:D ;D Indeed I am odd.  ;)

Telli

• Orange
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

And proud of it, I hope!  ;)
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Rhea Li

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 08:33:40 AM »

And proud of it, I hope!  ;)

Most definitely. ^_^

Telli

• Orange
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »

Atta girl!  :)
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
  • Once I tried to write Divine
    • Noises, Doodles and Scribble by Eric J. Sawyer
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 03:11:34 AM »

Actually, I feel the (vague) question was just specific enough to be answered...vaguely.

Being vague is not a problem, for I can read between the lines.

I won't list each and every tenet or dogma of Wicca, but I will answer specific questions.

Thanks. (questions below)

b_l has already stated his path in another thread and his intent in being here. 

Gentle as Doves, was my first thread (Introductions)

I'm not under the impression that he wants to convert to Wicca or become Wiccan; he's here to learn.

How does one convert or become Wiccan ?

No, it's not the new, kinder, spoon-feeding FW.  It's FW construing someone's intent.

At 51, I am conscious of my umwelt.  I have only known one Wiccan so far (in the physical world) and she was friendly, insightful and peaceful.

In 1990, I met a white witch. She was was skilled in Glassblowing.

I guess time just passed by so fast, that I never got time to really ask the right questions ( superstition and fear being the impeding factors )

I mean if we're not answering any questions, what's the point of the forum?

tyt.

Peace,
ben_lightwalker
'Roses that bleed show us the way back, roses that bleed show us the door that, Roses that bleed; when the winter winds blow the petals away.' (Eric J. Sawyer)

FireWillow

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 03:25:31 AM »

How does one convert or become Wiccan ?

There is a period of study, in most traditions a year and a day, after which there is an initiation into the first degree.  Within that time there is a personal self dedication rite (usually in solitary practice).  There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »

There is a period of study, in most traditions a year and a day, after which there is an initiation into the first degree.  Within that time there is a personal self dedication rite (usually in solitary practice).  There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation.

I can relate to that. 
However without knowing the content of the 'study'...Would it be similar to being tested in the understanding of a Cathechism, followed by a confession of faith and subsequent baptism.

ben_lightwalker

'Roses that bleed show us the way back, roses that bleed show us the door that, Roses that bleed; when the winter winds blow the petals away.' (Eric J. Sawyer)

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »

Within that time there is a personal self dedication rite (usually in solitary practice). 

FireWillow,

I missed this part with the first quote.
Oh that is interesting.
That was actually the initial thrust of my question.
The 'personal' aspect to one's religion is really important.

There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation.

You have answered my question, very well.

Yes, that does seem to a be a common part of the process in most religions.

ben_lightwalker.

FireWillow

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »

I can relate to that. 
However without knowing the content of the 'study'...Would it be similar to being tested in the understanding of a Cathechism, followed by a confession of faith and subsequent baptism.

ben_lightwalker

I think you mean the "profession of faith"...

I guess you could look at it that way...;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:30:35 PM by FireWillow »

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »

I think you mean the "profession of faith"...

I think profession would apply to what happens when one agrees with a Catechism (or set of beliefs ie. Nicene Creed, Westminster Confession or other...), which either precedes or follows after a "confession of faith." The confession of faith; involves repentance and a particular confession of Jesus Christ as Lord, and belief in one's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead (something intimate, between yourself and God) ; sealed by a public confession of the same, and followed by public baptism.

I guess you could look at it that way...;)

Yes.

What does the period of study include ?  ie. Nicene Creed, Westminster Confession... ?

FireWillow

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 05:05:27 AM »

I think profession would apply to what happens when one agrees with a Catechism (or set of beliefs ie. Nicene Creed, Westminster Confession or other...), which either precedes or follows after a "confession of faith." The confession of faith; involves repentance and a particular confession of Jesus Christ as Lord, and belief in one's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead (something intimate, between yourself and God) ; sealed by a public confession of the same, and followed by public baptism.

So you are speaking of the sacrament of confession (penance, reconciliation)?  Confession (unless the Church has changed its application since my departure) is the admission of truth in the context of committed sin.  It would appear that you are mixing the profession of faith with the aforementioned sacrament.

What does the period of study include ?  ie. Nicene Creed, Westminster Confession... ?

Off the top of my head, it includes teaching such as Wiccan belief, the history of Wicca, Wiccan principle, working tool association and use, magical responsibility, the Wiccan Rede and it's meaning, and basic practical guidelines.  I'm sure there are a few that I may have overlook but again, this is off the top of my head.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »

So you are speaking of the sacrament of confession (penance, reconciliation)?  Confession (unless the Church has changed its application since my departure) is the admission of truth in the context of committed sin.  It would appear that you are mixing the profession of faith with the aforementioned sacrament.

No, not the sacramental system. It is a very private moment called 'regeneration'. (this includes 'repentance from dead works' and 'faith towards God', which both occur simultaneously. A serious bone of contention for those who hold to a Trad. view, as I explained I am not Trad. or Sacramental. )

Off the top of my head, it includes teaching such as Wiccan belief, the history of Wicca, Wiccan principle, working tool association and use, magical responsibility, the Wiccan Rede and it's meaning, and basic practical guidelines.  I'm sure there are a few that I may have overlook but again, this is off the top of my head.

Thanks FireWillow, I am enjoying your words.

Peace,
ben_lightwalker.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up