Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 05:20:02 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Wicca ...  (Read 12091 times)

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
  • Once I tried to write Divine
    • Noises, Doodles and Scribble by Eric J. Sawyer
Re: Is Wicca ...
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »

Off the top of my head,..........., this is off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head...it is the same as the first breath a child takes.

ben_lightwalker
'Roses that bleed show us the way back, roses that bleed show us the door that, Roses that bleed; when the winter winds blow the petals away.' (Eric J. Sawyer)

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 08:32:30 AM »

There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation.

Are their different branches of study as there are in Christianity ?  (Seminaries, Colleges etc.)

How many degrees are there ?

ben_lightwalker.
'Roses that bleed show us the way back, roses that bleed show us the door that, Roses that bleed; when the winter winds blow the petals away.' (Eric J. Sawyer)

FireWillow

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »

Are their different branches of study as there are in Christianity ?  (Seminaries, Colleges etc.)

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking if there are different places that one can go for study?

How many degrees are there ?

There are three in most traditions.

Edited to fix quote box
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:35:42 AM by FireWillow »

Betsy

• Holly
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »

Just to clarify degrees as in levels not degrees as in "I have a Bachelors degree."

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 09:46:08 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking if there are different places that one can go for study?

Yes.

There are three in most traditions.

What sort of things do you learn ?

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »

Just to clarify degrees as in levels not degrees as in "I have a Bachelors degree."

Yes, I'm aware of that. A B.A. degree is just a title, ...both however require some study and application depending on the substance of each degree.  Bacheolor, Doctor, Professor... God lol.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »

Hi again FireWillow,
Now if I combine what you have told me so far, this is a brief description of Wicca in our day and age. Right ?

'There is a period of study, in most traditions a year and a day, after which there is an initiation into the first degree.....which consists of...teaching such as Wiccan belief, the history of Wicca, Wiccan principle, working tool association and use, magical responsibility, the Wiccan Rede and it's meaning, and basic practical guidelines. Within that time there is a personal self dedication rite (usually in solitary practice).  There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation. There are three in most traditions.'

ben_lightwalker.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »

'There is a period of study, in most traditions a year and a day, after which there is an initiation into the first degree.....which consists of...teaching such as Wiccan belief, the history of Wicca, Wiccan principle, working tool association and use, magical responsibility, the Wiccan Rede and it's meaning, and basic practical guidelines. Within that time there is a personal self dedication rite (usually in solitary practice).  There is subsequent training and degrees after initiation. There are three in most traditions.'

-----------------

Finally, FireWillow,

Could you describe the following:
1. Wiccan Belief.
2. Wiccan Principle.
3. Working Tool Association.
4. Working Tool Use.
5. Magical Responsibility.

6. Wiccan Rede.
a. It's Meaning
b. Basic Practical Guidelines.

7. The Personal Self-Dedication Rite.
8. Details of the further training.
9. A description of the three degrees.

tyt.
ben_lightwalker.
 8)

FireWillow

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »

-----------------

Finally, FireWillow,

1. Wiccan Belief.
2. Wiccan Principle.
4. Working Tool Use.

6. Wiccan Rede.
a. It's Meaning

tyt.
ben_lightwalker.
 8)

LOL...

You don't ask for much do you.

I won't describe all of the above, as I simply don't have the time or the inclination to pen a book, but I'll do the next best thing...

http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=89.0

Pick yourself up a couple of books that are already in print on the subject, Sabin, Cunningham, and Buckland are my personal favs, and you'll be good to go.

morningdove

• Ash
  • Nana to an Angel
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »

-----------------

Finally, FireWillow,

1. Wiccan Belief.
2. Wiccan Principle.
4. Working Tool Use.

6. Wiccan Rede.
a. It's Meaning

tyt.
ben_lightwalker.
 8)

Boy you really don't want to do anything for yourself do you? I suggest you take FW's advice and read a book. You really will get a lot of great information out of it.
Lost and wondering

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »

LOL... 

:D  What degree are you ? 

You don't ask for much do you.

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. It might be easier to ask one at a time: Wiccan Beliefs for beginners..., starting a new thread for each one.  Then when I got that sussed, going on to details of further training and the third degrees. I mean if you asked the same of me, I would probably direct you to a book as well, though I could give you a list of the elementary doctrines which need to be understood to move onto the advanced stuff. It gets pretty complex and needs a lot of study and plenty of reading. Of course the practical stuff is the stuff of life experience and how does one teach that..? lol.

I won't describe all of the above, as I simply don't have the time or the inclination to pen a book, but I'll do the next best thing...

http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=89.0

Pick yourself up a couple of books that are already in print on the subject, Sabin, Cunningham, and Buckland are my personal favs, and you'll be good to go.

Thanks, I copied that over to Word.doc and actually have a book by Buckland titled, 'Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft'. I been planning to have a look, and if you say it is up there with your top reads, it will suffice. Peace and thanks for your efforts.

ben_lightwalker.

FireWillow

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »

:D  What degree are you ? 

There is no degree system in my tradition as there is no need for one.  However, if you were to equate my level of knowledge of my tradition and my wisdom to...say...the degree system of the Gardnerian tradition, I would have to go with the third.

ben_lightwalker

• Fir
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »

Boy you really don't want to do anything for yourself do you?

Actually I am willing and have read fair amount, but I was hoping for something a little more intimate. You know Wicca 101, instead of 'Go ye to the Library of Wicca and get ye a booke to read!'  
So far what I do undestand, is that there is a common set of beliefs among Wiccans, but there is also a degree of flex; which allows Wiccans to have their own unique beliefs, some going off entirely on their own private mission. Of course with this in mind, I am interested in the constant and the variables and was hoping to explore some of that here.

I suggest you take FW's advice and read a book. You really will get a lot of great information out of it.

Sure, FireWillow Rocks!!!

ben_lightwalker.

glowbug

• Hawthorn
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »

Is the main page still up?

There is lots of information on it.  There is also a number of books there that will explain all those things. 
**The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational
Mind is a faithful servant.  We have created a society
That honors the servant and has forgotten the gift**
-Albert  Einstein-

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 06:41:37 AM »

Most of the questions you ask are, and have been, discussed here at one point or another.  The "old boards" had a veritable trasure trove of discussion!  Search around, for I am sure you've seen us make mention that Wicca is a seeking religion....so.....seek!

We'll be here to cover the fine points.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up