Welcome, Guest
August 19, 2019, 10:15:31 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Whyd o most christians feel paganism is the work of the devil?  (Read 19864 times)

PatBuck10

• Fir
  • Patrick

i mean really? they see the pentagram and instantly say its the devils work and we are evil, im not all evil. yes i have a short anger fuse but thats not the point.

WiccanPriest72

• Pine
Re: Whyd o most christians feel paganism is the work of the devil?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

Because most of them are taught to believe it.
"The soul of the Mage is forged in the crucible of Magic", Raistlin Chronicles, Book 1

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:41:29 PM »

Because you worship false gods and will burn in hell?

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »

Because they don't understand it.  People tend to be afraid of things that they don't understand, or that are different.
Trump is still your President.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »

Oh I don't know....could it be those little things like Exodus 20:2 - 17

2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

If you look through the Bible, you will find all sort of references to the dangers for those who are not followers of the one faith and the one God.
Add to that the indications that the church is trying to stem the degrease in their congregations and find those evil temptations and lay blaim............

vyre

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »

Pagans don't believe in jesus, they don't think that jesus is the lord and savior, therefore they are going to hell. That is pretty much it, anything that isn't of jesus is of the devil... Even though pagan religions existed before jesus was even born. I dunno humanity has to have its irrational moments, the best one recorded is the bible. :)
?I hate quotations. Tell me what you know? -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mitch

• Cypress
  • Mitch the Witch
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:34 AM »

People are told the pentagram is evil...just like the swastika has a bad rep...it was origionally an ancient good luck sign...now ruined...too bad
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey...
we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

Christa

• Alder
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 02:14:09 AM »

Merry Meet all,
Well think of it this way.  What do the Christians do when they kneel infront of the cross?  Workship it!  Or in front of Mary?   ???
Doubt if they (Christians) who live in a glass house can afford to throw any stones!!  Our statues and the things we put down is symbolic of what we believe in. They are scared of the unknown.  And they do not want to know, because then they will have to admit that perhaps, maybe somewhere they were wrong.
Blessings to all.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 07:59:17 AM »

People are told the pentagram is evil...just like the swastika has a bad rep...it was origionally an ancient good luck sign...now ruined...too bad

This.  plus the fact that Christians feel their job is to save you from yourself--> missionary work is huge in the Bible, hence the religion so that if they know you are pagan (i.e.you wear a pentacle or go announging that you are Wiccan to all your friends to validate your faith) it WILL incite them to action to validate THEIR faith so their god sees fit to bless them.  Very simple.

You can't change other people or their opinions.  You can become their victim by allowing it to affect you in however small a way...
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:07:11 AM »

could be something about praying to a dark goat footed guy with horns.

Take something Evil in your worldview and then imagine a bunch of people worshiping it. What a bunch of assholes!

I'd like to imagine that somewhere else on the Internet there is a forum full of people who worship an oil slick. And there is a thread speculating about why pagans hate them.

kiki614

• Willow
  • lifes a b***h then you die
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 09:47:01 AM »

Because they don't understand it.  People tend to be afraid of things that they don't understand, or that are different.
that is very true a lot of people fear what they don't understand
kiki614 is the s**t

Deedee

• Elm
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »

i mean really? they see the pentagram and instantly say its the devils work and we are evil, im not all evil. yes i have a short anger fuse but thats not the point.

As someone who was brought up Roman Catholic, we are taught.  We are taught the pentagram is the sign of the devil.  If you see someone w/a pentagram run, they are minions of the devil and will try to damn your soul for eternity.

Of course, this isn't true, but some people just blindly follow what they are taught and call it "faith". 

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »

Why do most christians feel paganism is the work of the devil?

Because you don't worship the One True God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and His Only Son, Jesus Christ TM

You worship false gods

And as a result, you are all going down to hell

* the funny part is the first hit I got on Google Images for Jesus Christ was from a Hare Krisna web site.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:21:46 PM by theosophia »

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »

What if we're both wrong (Christians and Pagans)?  What if the Universe is really run by a crazy old guy named Gus??
Trump is still your President.

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 03:46:04 PM »

What if we're both wrong (Christians and Pagans)?  What if the Universe is really run by a crazy old guy named Gus??

WWGD?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up