Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 05:09:46 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Whyd o most christians feel paganism is the work of the devil?  (Read 19922 times)

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
Re: Whyd o most christians feel paganism is the work of the devil?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »

Theo--How does Emperor...I mean, Pope Palpatine feel about the issue??  Does he share the same viewpoint as his predecessor?
Trump is still your President.

theosophia

• Hazel
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:38 PM »

Theo--How does Emperor...I mean, Pope Palpatine feel about the issue??  Does he share the same viewpoint as his predecessor? 

hahahaha!!  You mean Der Fuhrer of the Church?  I dunno about him.

I kinda liked the previous Pope because he was from Poland.  My little old Polish grandmother (who was a very lapsed Catholic) was ecstatic to have a Polish Pope.  (It was also kinda nice that he had a bit part in that little thing about bringing down Communism & such, too.)

I don't know.  That's a good question.  I only occasionally catch up on Chruch doctrine and happenings in bits and pieces here and there but I don't try to keep up with the whole thing.

Here.  A quick search shows he pretty much goes along with John Paul's stance:

Pope Benedict and Evolution

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 05:29:20 AM »

I wasn't commenting on that.  I was commenting on what he brought up.  I think he made a good point.

It was clear what he had changed in what you wrote.  It was in bold and he said he revised it.  Unless someone was REALLY not paying attention I don't see how they would think that was a direct quote of what you said.  Even if they were TOTALLY oblivious and thought you did it would be easy enough to clarify.  People do this often at this site and I've never seen any issue with it.

The little header at the top of the post that says "Quote from Serpentium" kind of suggests that it was something I said. And it wasn't.

On every other forum that I've ever been on, deliberately misquoting other users is unnacceptable. But if it's common practice on this site, I'll just have to bear it in mind.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Rowan Coronet

• Cypress
  • I'm in UR quantum box. Maybe.
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 07:04:48 AM »

I think both the questions are pretty much the same, really.  Why ARE people bothered by what other people think of them?  Why doesn't everyone just do what they wish and not care what Joe Bob thinks about it?  Joe Bob normally isn't important in their everyday life.  They might never even see Joe Bob again.

I think it becomes an issue when Joe Bob tries to force his views on the person in particular.  It really doesn't matter if it is a preference for color or for a particular brand of religion.  That's what annoys people. 

Specifically about pagans and christians, many feel that there are enough Christians and they have enough political power to cause issues with freedom of speech and religion.  In truth this shouldn't even be a concern, but it still worries people because it still causes discrimination in some areas.

QFT.

Living in a small town, I figure that as long as I do my job competently, keep my yard clean, my house in reasonable repair, and don't have drunken bacchanals in my backyard every weekend, most people will never know I am pagan.  Unless I tell them, of course.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. Kahlil Gibran
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan
Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. Roger Miller

Tiki

• Ash
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »

The little header at the top of the post that says "Quote from Serpentium" kind of suggests that it was something I said. And it wasn't.

On every other forum that I've ever been on, deliberately misquoting other users is unnacceptable. But if it's common practice on this site, I'll just have to bear it in mind.

FWIW, I'm on two other forums where quoting, bolding a part, and then either crossing out and replacing or just plain replacing text is totally common practice as long as it's accompanied by a statement like "fixed", "revised", or "corrected". It's usually meant part-humorously, part-seriously.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »

Maybe I'm just being oversensitive then. Must be getting my man period.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »

Maybe I'm just being oversensitive then. Must be getting my man period.

Yes

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »

Yes
You wasted your post number '666' just on saying "yes" to me?

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »

Yeah, aedh...go back and modify it so it says "Hail Satan", or something to that effect.
Trump is still your President.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »

You wasted your post number '666' just on saying "yes" to me?

For some 666 has some kind of significance. For others it doesn't. My guess is Aedh is the latter. If so, I agree.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

aedh

• Hawthorn
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »

Um...I don't even pay attention to my post count. Considering it's been reset one time already. And 666 has no significance to me beyond a number that freaks out Christians.

ldenis

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

I am a little surprise that most of the answers are "they don't understand!!!" Maybe most worshipers of Christianity are a little oblivious and scared of the Wicca vision but if you look at the "higher up" people who lead the christianity world....they are threatened by the fact that Wiccans are indepedent and knowledgeable people who are capable of understanding the power of connection and that the divine power is within!!!! Please mind you I have the outmost respect for the people who believe in christianity....really I do!

This said, if everyone followed the Wiccan world and its true vision...there would be no need for christianity and then no control on their people to follow what is meant to be done to keep order!!!

Christianity is wonderful for people who need to understand the basics! BASICS! Then people can evolve and choose where they want to go with it!

In previous posts , I have given examples of Catholic Churches controlling populations with fear tactics (and being paid by the government) to increase population when people travelled to the new world (Canada or USA).

Chirstians are afraid in relying into their own intuition cause they have been taught to be fearful of anything else than what they are taught!!

My thoughts only but it seems the fact they don't understand, in my opinion (with all due respect to everyone elses opinion) it because they have been taught to be afraid of the truth!

PS. The purple cow is right...a number only being created to scare people!!!!!! Enough already!! Trust your intuition!!!

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 08:37:54 PM »

Let's look at this from the reverse. Let's say you were raised Pagan/Wiccan/etc.. You have never known anything else. Then some Christian comes and tells you there is a different way. There is a jealous, loving God that will save you from everything wrong in your life, but if you do something wrong, he will punish you, or have his evil minion punish you. What would you think? You already know The God and Goddess bring the gentle spring rain and the winters distructive storms, but punishment? That is scary. How would you react? It all boils down to what we were raised with and how much we believe in those teachings.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

moonkitten

• Orange
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »

Chirstians are afraid in relying into their own intuition cause they have been taught to be fearful of anything else than what they are taught!!

i herd the gnostics were not all like that and had a lot of free thinking involved, so i wonder what would happen after two thousand years after a wiccan or pagan based religion became dominant in a culture?  what is so unique about us that would guarentee that we woudn't succumb to the same fate of being comprised of narrow minded followers rather than thinkers?
*If it has Testicles or Tires it's gonna give you trouble.*

ldenis

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »

i herd the gnostics were not all like that and had a lot of free thinking involved, so i wonder what would happen after two thousand years after a wiccan or pagan based religion became dominant in a culture?  what is so unique about us that would guarentee that we woudn't succumb to the same fate of being comprised of narrow minded followers rather than thinkers?
OK....now looking at that comment...a little rough by my part!!!  You have a point mookitten (by the way I love that name)...I was generalizing (I am french..is that how it is spelled)...I came from that world and guess I am proud of the strentgh that I had to listen of leaving it!! On the wiccan and pagan point....I don't know ...why was even being tried to be erased?if it did so much good?...It hopes I won't get my head blast!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up