Welcome, Guest
December 10, 2018, 10:24:34 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirit of Tree's  (Read 11591 times)

An tAthair

Spirit of Tree's
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:24:57 AM »

In recent weeks I have seen a great number of posts dealing with guides and such. In a great many of them the poster is asking for information on how to talk to or understand what that particular guide is saying to us. One thing that has stuck out from most of these post is the assumption that the guides are animals only.

Now Spirit takes many forms and guises to teach us. While the animal kingdom holds many things it seems sad that so many other areas appear to be undervalued or even over looked. One area that seems to be highly de-valued is the Tree. The tree is perhaps one of the easiest and most readily available guides available to each and every one of us.

The tree is symbolic of the very life we embody. Just as each of us were created from a single seed so to was each and every tree created from a single seed. Over time the "seed" will grow and experience a great many forces that will act upon the body, whether that body be human or tree.

One of the easiest concepts to identify from the tree is the concept of strength and pliability. The tree gives the appearance of being strong and stiff. As we look upon it, we see the massive size of the base and the multitude of limbs that branch out from the central trunk. Each limb appearing to be as strong and stiff as the trunk, each part an intragel piece of the whole. Yet despite its great bulk and apparent strength the tree teaches us we must bend before the wind less the wind break our back and tumble us upon the ground.

While that is an impressive teaching, the fallen tree teaches another aspect that again is so often over looked. If we look upon the fallen tree we will often notice that the life force of the tree continues to pulsate within its core. The tree will "Bend" that injured part to allow the whole to continue to grow. As time passes and heals the wound the tree will slowly raise its heads towards the sun once again. Here again is a valuable lesson for it teaches us that we can overcome the damage to our bodies and still reach upward and live a productive life.

The tree is a great teacher when it comes to showing that all things can live together. In many instances the tree shows us how multiple species can interact with one another while giving each those items needed to continue life. If we look to the Oak tree and the Misle Toe plant we see a perfect example of two clearly different species that live together in a harmonious balance.

Illusion is one of the greater aspects of magick presented by the tree. Within the illusion the tree teaches there is a truth that is revealed within all things if we take the time to look closely. For instances take a close look at the massive trunk of the tree. Now should you be willing to look closer you might see that what appeared initially as one is really the resulted joining of two. Two tree?s wrapped so tightly together and enter twined that they appear to the world as a single unit, the resultant union producing a new singular unit that is reflective of the combination of the two. This producing a combination that is far stronger than the individual strengths of the individuals. Perhaps a tree?s reflection of the ideal union and balance between to whom have chosen to join as one.

A tree can also present the depths that a disease or illness can burrow into an outwardly apparent healthy body. Many a tree stands with a strength that can be seen by anyone who passes by. However, if we take a closer look we can see the rot as the body is slowly destroyed from within. Many times the tree will reveal its pains by the discoloration of its leaves; by the brown discolored limbs growing outward from its dying body. Sometimes the decay is revealed in more minor details, spots defacing the leaves, a sense of decay that emanates from the tree or the tiny scares that criss cross the trunk. If we take the time to look we can see the decay and sometimes the trees tell us we can see the same decay within the human creature if we simply take the time to look and see.

One lesson the tree teaches that is hidden is also important. That lesson is we must have a strong root sunk into the deeps of mother earth. From the depths of the earth do we gain nourishment and strength, gain the ability to stand and grow. The earth will provide us with the minerals our bodies need to grow tall and powerful. However she will also provide us the same minerals if our bodies should be old and gray, if our bodies should be bent and bowed, young and limber, or any combination of those.

The next time you are out take a minute and look and see what lesson Spirit is trying to teach you. Sometimes we can?t see the forest for the tree?s yet at other times we can?t see the little truths because were to busy looking for what we perceive to be the big truths. Remember Spirit is always trying to teach us and uses as great many guides. If then falls to us to look and see all of the guides not just those that we think may contain a greater or more enlightened truth.

Just my two cents worth for what it matters. Now these are my observations and conclusions and may be correct, partially correct or even out and out wrong. In my path spirit has guided my eyes upon many things from the trees that stand all about me to the earth and rock beneath my feet to the winds that blow across the land to the rains that beat down upon it.

Hjolmaer

Re: Spirit of Tree's
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »

An interesting point of view, but it does rely somewhat heavily on the assumption that the seeker chooses the guide, rather than the actuality of the guide choosing the seeker.

Spirit guides choose the forms they do to accommodate the person they are appearing to.  If the person they choose to assist is, for example, afraid of dogs, then the guide will most likely choose to appear as something other than a dog.  Or may even choose to appear as a small dog to help the individual slowly overcome their fear.

This may also present an inherently human aspect to their choice: Mobility.  The spirit guide is able to travel with a person on their spiritual path, which would bring the spirit to choose a form that their human counter-part would readily view as mobile.  Appearing as a tree would, most likely, bring the individual to believe (rightly or wrongly) that their spirit guide is not mobile, and that the seeker must travel to the spirit guide when in need, rather than the spirit guide coming to them. 

A guide need not worry itself over-much about the physical mobility of a given object, but they appear in the various forms they do simply as an associative property.

Should their chosen entity be lacking in a particular aspect of themselves, such as personal strength, then the guide might choose something that the individual views a strong: a bear, an ox, a bull, etc. 

A spirit guide could very well appear as a tree if it so chose.  They appear as animals, and other "mobile" forms, simply for our benefit.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:43:23 AM »

I suspect you two are talking about two different things. The first, about how nature expresses her leasons to us if we could take the time to look. The second, about spirit guides and how they might choose to interact with us.
At least I'm seeing two separate ideas.
I consider myself to be an animist and see that spirit exists in all things. Not to say a spirit guide exists in all things but spirit. And as spirit exists within everything, all things are connected at some level of awareness.
In my view, when we seek the answer to some question, our own perceptions of spirit "shape" an entity easy for us to understand and find a degree of compatibility with. Just as I believe that we shaped the gods to take the fall for all that goes wrong, we shape those entities we long to connect with.
Spirit has no need to be "mobile" as spirit IS everything that exists. What you view as a spirit guide as an eagle flying overhead is just your perception. NO, you do not need to walk out into the woods every time you want to talk to your guide, though you may find it more relaxing. You can connect with that same energy in a rock in your garden, or a dandylion in your yard, or anything you might wish to focus on.
Again, this is my opinion and what works for me.

megadeck

• Fir
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:16:50 AM »

this morning was a very happy one, my firs comeback to the bank for a deposit in a few months.
when i was on my way home i saw this giant acacia tree (i'm not sure this name), but this tree is
very old and it's there in the corner of a crossroads, where a lot of people pass by all the time,
and for no reason that i was aware i touched it and felt a strong spirit presence around me  8)
Our Level of Freedom is in Direct Proportion with Our Spiritual Maturity'

Midwitch

• Cypress
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for that beautiful post. I hope you dont mind if I print it out and ruminate on it a bit. I love trees and am inordinately attracted to their majesty and power. One native of my country in particular touches my heart so deeply I almost weep when I see them in full bloom (Christmas). I collect driftwood from beaches if it comes from this particular tree, much to the amusement of my entire family who cannot understand my obsession.

And I am not alone. Just this week one of my clients laughingly rang me and told me her husband had found a beauty of a piece and dragged it along the beach for an hour to lug it home in the car because he knew how much I adore this wood. I was out there to visit next day - on the pretense of seeing the new baby, lol. It is SUPERB and I actually cried. She was totally bemused and told me I was nuts, he completely understood. I asked him why he was gifting it to me when he obviously adored it too - he told me the second he saw it he saw my face and knew it was a gift for ME. It has pride of place in my living room and I touch it everytime I walk past...

blue

• Birch
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »

Hummm ... it was very odd.

I had an experience years back where i was out in the woods just doing some meditation to try and bring my stress levels down. It gets hectic here and some of the summer people vex my spirit to no end. There are times that i just need to get away from everyone for awhile. Once i'm centered again i can go back to patiently dealing with all of the idiots without biting somebody's head off. Honestly, i don't know how these people get by in life. * No common sense whatsoever. *

And they wonder why the natives get drunk and run naked through the woods ! ( LOL)

Anyway ... i was out there kneeling in a bed of soft moss. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts go to stillness. The mosquitoes and the blackflies were being a distraction so i shifted forward into the sunlight. My next thought was to become invisible to them and they went away. After that i just listened to everything that was going on around me then focused on the feeling of the breeze and the warm sun on my back.

At this point something very odd happened. I opened my eyes and my perception of time slowed considerably. It's like everything was in slow motion.

I don't know how it happened but i became aware that my awareness had fallen into synch with the trees around me. I was seeing the world through their "eyes " if you will.

I took some important lessons away from the experience.

You wouldn't think so, but a tree seems to have a consciousness and is aware of it's surroundings.
 Time passes much more slowly for a tree.
 A tree doesn't give a whit about the current state of human affairs. Probably, neither does the rest of nature.

It makes you think :

If a tree is a sentient thing it makes you treat it with the same care and regard as you would any other sentient being.

Humans and trees are going along at different speeds. The tree reminds you to slow down.

And finally ... it reminds you not to take all these cares and concerns of the human world too seriously. On one level these things are very important and on another level they are of no importance at all.  :)

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »

Yep....It was an experience very much like what you experienced that changed me from a spell casting run of the muck pagan to an Animist.
When I looked at the forest, the rocks, the ground, the flowers, every thing, I could see a bluish gray "smoke" around them. Including myself. (Ethric energy) As my energy "touched" the energy of a tree, I could feel it's life, feel how it experienced it's surroundings.

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »

Yep....It was an experience very much like what you experienced that changed me from a spell casting run of the muck pagan to an Animist.
When I looked at the forest, the rocks, the ground, the flowers, every thing, I could see a bluish gray "smoke" around them. Including myself. (Ethric energy) As my energy "touched" the energy of a tree, I could feel it's life, feel how it experienced it's surroundings.

You should probably get an MRI.
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »

Or at least a Tetanus shot.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Doktor Howl

• Hazel
  • The Juden of Paganism.
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

Or at least a Tetanus shot.

No, seriously.  If he's seeing stuff like that, he might have a tumor the size of a grape squashing his frontal lobes.

You have to catch these things quickly.
WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS CREW

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »

Like Dutch Elm Disease?
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

blue

• Birch
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »

No, seriously.  If he's seeing stuff like that, he might have a tumor the size of a grape squashing his frontal lobes.

You have to catch these things quickly.

< shrugs > Maybe it just is what it is Doc.

For as much as we know of the universe and the world around us there's still so much yet to be learned.

This is probably just one of those things you would have to experience for yourself. If you hadn't experienced it then you don't have a point of refrence for it. Of course you'll say poo poo because it's outside of your range of experience.

Maybe some day, when you are ready to learn, a similar opportunity will present itself.

It is an eye opener.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »

This is probably just one of those things you would have to experience for yourself. If you hadn't experienced it then you don't have a point of refrence for it. Of course you'll say poo poo because it's outside of your range of experience.

Maybe some day, when you are ready to learn, a similar opportunity will present itself.

It is an eye opener.

There's a term for this.

UPG: Unverifiable Personal Gnosis.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »

Very very true !  :)

I dunno ... because of the experience i'm inclined to keep an open mind to the experiences of others.

I try to take it all in and neither believe nor disbelieve.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »

Even as a Christian, I tend towards animism myself.  I've experienced something similar when I'm alone in the woods.  I've always felt a connection.  That's one thing that hasn't changed throughout my life, whether Pagan or Christian.  It's a concept that's beautifully understated in both the Lakota phrase "Mitakuye oyasin", and the Hindi word, "Namaste".
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up