Welcome, Guest
November 16, 2018, 10:21:49 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirit of Tree's  (Read 11284 times)

Curt

• Willow
Re: Spirit of Tree's
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »

I'm one of those that believes everything has a spirit...be it animal, vegetable, or mineral. Yes, trees can "talk" to one. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spirit guide though, at least not in the normal sense. I also believe part of one's spirit can be implanted in something one makes. Say I made a knife for a person. Part of me would be in that knife. Imo, that is one of the things that make a hand made gift for someone so special.

herenow

• Fir
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »

At this point something very odd happened. I opened my eyes and my perception of time slowed considerably. It's like everything was in slow motion.

I don't know how it happened but i became aware that my awareness had fallen into synch with the trees around me. I was seeing the world through their "eyes " if you will.

I took some important lessons away from the experience.

Fantastic.  Similar to achieving an altered state of consciousness, with the aid of a tree!

herenow

• Fir
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »

No, seriously.  If he's seeing stuff like that, he might have a tumor the size of a grape squashing his frontal lobes.

You have to catch these things quickly.

< shrugs > Maybe it just is what it is Doc.

For as much as we know of the universe and the world around us there's still so much yet to be learned.

This is probably just one of those things you would have to experience for yourself. If you hadn't experienced it then you don't have a point of refrence for it. Of course you'll say poo poo because it's outside of your range of experience.

Maybe some day, when you are ready to learn, a similar opportunity will present itself.

It is an eye opener.

YES!!!

herenow

• Fir
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »

There's a 200 acre tract of woods west of Boston which I've hiked for nearly 20 years. I hike it 2 or 3 times a week and have always gotten a strange feeling along one particular section of trail. The feeling has been so strong that I've mentioned it to a few people.

One time while hiking through this small stretch of trail I saw a person standing by a tree. I thought it was a Goth kid (dressed in all black, wearing a hood which hid his face), and I was going to acknowledge him and keep going. He was there for maybe 15 seconds, but when I got up to the tree where he had been, he was gone. He had completely vanished. In the following weeks other odd things happened at this tree including being 'tapped' on the hand once and on the back another time. After those experiences I avoided this section of trail for a long time ‘cause I was spooked, even though I’m old enough to be very skeptical.

Then I stopped at this tree to examine it more closely. I walked behind it and found someone had placed a clay amulet on the back of the tree. This was a shock. This is just a random tree on a random section of trail amidst many miles of trails. There is nothing obviously unique about it, but someone else must be feeling the same vibes from this tree or this section of woods.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »

Looks like it is Hindu , hope you left it in place.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

herenow

• Fir
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 05:04:40 AM »

Looks like it is Hindu , hope you left it in place.

Yes, I left it there, and I left a note with it.
The only response I got to the note was someone left me a clay sun pendant, but they never said anything.
I did take the sun pendant. 
After a number of months the Buddha head disappeared.
Then years later I was able to track down the person who made and placed the Buddha head.  She's an artist who has left these all over the world in places where she feels spiritual power.  Let me tell you, this tree is in the woods and not near any major trail and it is difficult to find.
This artist did not leave the sun pendant.  She and I both would love to find out who that person was.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »

Good thing the person who left the sun pendant had good intentions or you may have woke up as a frog. LOL

I agree trees do have spirits. I love to walk in the woods. There is a small area I frequent close to where I live. I go there to collect plants. I often have conversations with the deer, rabbits and
squirrels that live there. They tend to follow me around there. They are used to me being around.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

herenow

• Fir
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 03:42:44 AM »

I often have conversations with the deer, rabbits and
squirrels that live there. They tend to follow me around there. They are used to me being around.

I believe they do get used to you, and get to know you, both the trees and the critters.
Recently someone sent me a link to a PBS show about crows.  They are very smart and they can recognize specific people:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1621910826/

These woods I hike - I know every tree/rock/hill/stream on the main trails.  I hike it during the day and I 'travel' it at night in that state between dreaming and waking.  In this 'traveling' state, when I notice something different on the trail, I go and explore it.  I've seen things while 'traveling' and then gone out the next day and found these physical items.
It's kind of like lucid dreaming, but cheating because I'm aided by the woods.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 04:02:30 AM »

Just a little addition to your comment about the intelligence of crows; Yes they do recognise individual people, but somehow they pass that on to other crows too. How that occurs is unknown but there you have it. I do like crows... :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Questa

• Rowan
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:41 PM »

Love all the wonderful posts here about trees!

I'm new here and was looking around through all the threads.  I know this one hasn't been active in a long time but I've always been drawn to trees myself so this thread caught my eye!

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »

Love all the wonderful posts here about trees!

I'm new here and was looking around through all the threads.  I know this one hasn't been active in a long time but I've always been drawn to trees myself so this thread caught my eye!

I'm never happier than when I'm deep in the woods... my cathedral... in the presence of such amazing creation, I can feel the hand of the divine very close to me.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Alces Alces

• Cypress
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 04:44:50 AM »

I'm never happier than when I'm deep in the woods... my cathedral... in the presence of such amazing creation, I can feel the hand of the divine very close to me.
That is EXACTLY the way I feel in my tent!

Questa

• Rowan
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 06:53:29 AM »

[/quote]

That is exactly how I feel too!  Such a peaceful feeling of oneness with the world.

dorrie

• Willow
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

I have woods so close by, I should get out and just sit there or at least visit

this thread reminds me to do that -

I used to not even be able to wait to get to the forest and see what was going on

thanks to this forum I will start tomorrow  :)

Natures Whisper

• Fir
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »

I can remember my first time in Northern California we stopped at one of the parks.  I went and stood inside on of the giant redwoods that had been burned hollow and yet was still very much alive.  There was no doubt in my mind that I was standing inside a truly holy place and I wish I'd spent more time in that forest while I was still living up there.
“The same rain that draws you near me falls on rivers and land, and ocean and sand, makes the beautiful world that you see in the morning.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up