Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 10:13:40 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wise Women  (Read 3517 times)

ejfinch

Re: Wise Women
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »

I agree that there are different kinds of dependence on one's partner. Emotional dependence is natural (to a point, of course). It wouldn't say much for your relationship is you weren't horrified at the thought of losing someone you love. However, I think it is very important that a woman live alone, for at least a couple of years, before getting into her first marriage or live-in situation. I've seen too many women that stay in destructive relationships because they have never been on their own and are afraid they are unable. Having said that, I realize that, with the financial situation in general, right now, it's easier said than done. 

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »

*lola*

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:49 AM »

I agree that there are different kinds of dependence on one's partner. Emotional dependence is natural (to a point, of course). It wouldn't say much for your relationship is you weren't horrified at the thought of losing someone you love. However, I think it is very important that a woman live alone, for at least a couple of years, before getting into her first marriage or live-in situation. I've seen too many women that stay in destructive relationships because they have never been on their own and are afraid they are unable. Having said that, I realize that, with the financial situation in general, right now, it's easier said than done. 

Couldn't agree more. I've seen a couple friends have a very rough time after a separation or divorce because they'd never lived on their own before and didn't know what to do.

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »

I think it is a good idea, but like you said, not always practical. I have been with my boyfriend since I was fifteen, and therefore never lived on my own. But, with my family situation growing up, I've always had to be independent and self-reliant. I think this one depends entirely on the woman in question.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:21:49 PM by edens garden »
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »

I have to agree with edens garden on this.  I've never truly "lived on my own" but in all reality it's my husband who would be lost and panicy if we got divorced or somehow were no longer together rather than the other way around...  I've spent most of our relationship being the person in charge of bills, home repair, kids, etc...
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »

Ohhhh, hubby would so be lost without me unless, of course, he moved back in with his momma. <3 God love her <3

He pays for mostly everything but because he wanted it that way. He had always preferred for me to be home, even though I have had some really great opportunities to work and have even made competitive wages to his at times... I have lived on my own, lola, I'm not that fond of the idea, but there are days when I seriously just want to not have to consider him at every angle when I make personal decisions. I am sure that sounds highly immature, but I am not afraid to be independent, it just hasn't been as logical nor possible yet for me. My kids are still a very important aspect of my being at home more than not. As much as I would love to take the nursing classes and gain success, as I am sure in time I will do so, now may prove to just not be that time. ??? Financially, I am clueless, because I wouldn't have the costs that he racks in. I had come from a very basic lifestyle and that is still just me...

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »

Good points, EG & Wylkat.

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 03:18:31 AM »

I came across this other site that had some interesting information regarding 'wicca'. It is something I thought to share because it kind of pulls together a lot of ideas... Kind of making more sense of the 'recent' redefining of wicca. I am not posting because I know things, I am rather posting because it seems I am coming into the knowing of things, or rather so I hope.

http://www.thewiccansway.com/page/The+Craft+Of+The+Wise

The things that I have read regarding the 'history' of worship doesn't seem to be saying that we are moving away from Christianity, but that the pull of Christianity took us from the roots of a worship or a type of worship that needed the 'deliverance', or apponent to keep the old ways 'in check' and to perhaps even provide a much more provoking balance.

??? 

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »

So... I was reading the Charge of the Goddess... And I had this experience when I was much younger... ;D But here is a site that is amazing: http://www.orderwhitemoon.org/goddess/Cerridwen.html

I understood the warnings of a great many things and have seen the signs of even more than can be written, but what I see has suggested far more to the betterment of 'it all'.

Transformation is important on many levels and though some seem to boast that 'they cannot be changed', it isn't so because even on the most basic levels of existance there is change.

I love this part of 'The Charge of the Goddess' poem especially...

And thou who thinketh to seek for me,

know thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not,

unless thou knoweth the mystery;

that if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,

thou wilt never find it without thee.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up