Welcome, Guest
May 21, 2018, 02:15:29 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Haven Introductions  (Read 116468 times)

RBCeltic

• Alder
  • Discovering spiritual paths through all creation
Re: Newbie Haven Introductions
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »

Miss Tree,

Thank you, so much.  I will check it out and try to get involved in further discussion with good people like yourself.  Blessings to you. 
The unfolding of spiritual truths comes through an open heart of the Creator's Spirit and to earnestly desire healing, restoration, peace and abundance to all Creation, and to respect all humankind in the magic given to us.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 01:18:43 AM »

Snake man, I guess you are one of those that I need a grain of salt and to consider the source.  Thank you so much for your welcoming words to those that are wanting to learn and grow.  This "fresh" and delightful question comes from one that is wanting greater insight, like we read from Bancroft.  Did you yet comment on his friends that he has found giving him Wiccan guidance?  Blessings to you, Newbie.

They ask for help and then complain when they get it.  Sheesh!  But, yes, you do need to take a lot of what I say with a grain of salt...and some lime...and a shot of tequila...
"Here, but now I'm gone."

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »

They ask for help and then complain when they get it.  Sheesh!  But, yes, you do need to take a lot of what I say with a grain of salt...and some lime...and a shot of tequila...

You are a lot nicer about than I would of been.   
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »

You are a lot nicer about it than I would of been.   

They caught me on an off day.
"Here, but now I'm gone."

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 01:32:16 AM »

"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

groovetothemusic

• Alder
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 07:23:52 AM »

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on here. And well I have so much to say.  I am right now searching for what I want to follow.  I have very many different types of beliefs and I am looking for a way to combine all of them. 
First off, I was raised in the Catholic faith, but have had a hard time connecting with it in the way I have with other things spiritually. I guess its been a a year or two since I realized I didn't want to continue practicing Catholicism and I want to see what else was out there. 
Through personal experiences I have felt the energies that the world has to offer, and I have read a few books on awakening.  I have been really drawn towards aspects of Buddhism and have loved finding a connection with the Divine. 
My story now is that I am in Spain for a year away from friends and family and see it as my time to spiritually search and grow like never before. (side note.. I have so much to say and I know this is going to start jumping around a little so please try to follow lol)
I have an immense love for nature.  I am feeling that without being able to see the beautiful moon and mountains here in Spain I would be missing my home where I sit by springs to listen to the sound of water and look at the beauty of the sunlight beaming through the trees too much to survive a year.  But I have been reading so much since I have been here and was opened to the feminine side of faith through Paulo Cuehlos books.  I realized that Buddhism isnt the only way to feel the energies of the world and so I am searching to see what else there is. 
I am going to back up a little bit...
I have always had an interest in Wicca. I dont know where my interest came from because my family is a Catholic family.. and has many Priests in it etc..
But I always find myself randomly brought back to Wicca even if just slightly.. For example a few years back I was on Amazon looking to purchase some books and I was so close to ordering so many on Candle Magic, the History of Wicca many other things to educate me on different parts of Wicca.  Only I decided against it because I could only think.. My mother would flip out.  Now I am 19, on the other side of the world and at the point in my life where I can make my own decisions and really deeply begin to understand who I am. 
Some more random things about me..
I LOVE TO DREAM!
I lucid dream all the time.. and since coming to Spain have really been working on Astral Projection.  I started listening to Hemi-Sync (I recommend Brainwave Mind Voyage) and well thats once again how I was led back to finding sites on Paganism.. hence finding Wicca.. But back to Atral Projection.. I feel like I am very close to have a break through. I have felt my energy body and since listening to Hemi-Sync and really focusing on astral projection have found my dreams so life like that I sometimes have to remind myself it was a dream and struggle to separate simple things that happen (ex eating something out of my fridge and discovering it still there the next day..) from reality. anywho..
I am very intrigued and I am not saying I am going to become a devote Wiccan I am just searching and am hoping that someone will be willing to help me see what Wicca has to offer. I guess I am wondering if there are different types of Wicca I have been reading literally all day online trying to discover as much as I could for myself before asking questions.. But I still have tons..
I know you dont necessarily have to practice magic as a Wiccan.. But do most?
Are there different levels of Wicca? ( like the intensity)
I guess I am just really trying to find something that lets me have a little freedom to believe what I want as well as connect with the God and Goddess in the world.
Is Wicca a good place to search.. because what I have read so far seems to make me think so... Only I dont know how to find deeper beliefs or practices and such.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Also I am new to this blog so I will do my best to check and see who responds
I wont be able to check for a few days because I will have no internet so I am hoping I will have at least one response when I get back on.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! I am looking forward to seeing what is said!
Peace.

Kiriya

• Pine
  • The Lioness Within
    • MySpaz
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 07:35:12 AM »

Hi groovetothemusic!

Welcome...

I think I may have beat H to his usual comments, but hey, never mind. Its all good advice anyway...check the Newbie section sticky threads, tons of good advice there! Also, check the main site...there's tons of other information that might interest you around general stuff...

And welcome again. Read all you can, because you never stop learning on here =]

Kiriya
If at first you don't succeed....give up skydiving =]

To believe you must fight, to fight you must have faith and to have faith you must desire to learn

ejfinch

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

Hello and welcome, groovetothemusic! Like the name. You should be able to find a great deal of information by reading the existing threads on this site. There a a lot of people here who are generous with their assistance with questions. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the site!
Elizabeth

Hjolmaer

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »

Kiriya beat me to it.  Not surprising.  Haven't been paying as much attention to the boards as I usually do.

Welcome aboard.

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »

Miss Tree,

Thank you, so much.  I will check it out and try to get involved in further discussion with good people like yourself.  Blessings to you. 

Try not to take things personally and you'll be fine. Snake-Man was trying to help you too. He posted the witchvox link, I just explained what it was. :-)

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 12:36:14 PM »

Hi groovetothemusic :-)

Hjolmaer

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »

RBCeltic:

Sorry I missed your intro.  Don't misunderstand Snake's lack of words of welcome as a dismissal, or even negative.  He merely saw that you wanted some information, and showed you where to get it.  Not every member posts welcomes in the intro threads.

As for discussing, participate in discussions with as many members as you can.  Between varied spiritual paths, up-bringings, opinions, thoughts, revelations, and insights, you'll grow in your knowledge very quickly.

Now, a couple questions for you:

What, exactly, are you calling the "old religion" and why?

Why do you seek out Celtic traditions, and which traditions are you specifically seeking?

Deborah

• Fir
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 04:30:50 AM »

all my life learn that was to do no harm with other or me or animals  or motherearth.I was not to talk about it with no one.Esp. my dad that it was and earth religion.It very sacreted. And very very old.And that it went with law's of naturer.In my life do no harm has many meanings.If anamal was sick could not get will the life would be ended.I know that my people were and are saxons and we come from vikings.My dad bought me book on saxon witchcraft by Raymond Buckland and books on earthmagic,dowsing the practical pendulum book;the illustrated dream dictionary and wiccan magick for beginners and more.I was wrong for saying I had 4 or 5 books I have 22 books on diffent subject's.I also know that animal is killed for food that a peace would be buryed for thanks for given us food to live on.It would go back to motherearth and so would the blood.This was told to me that it was the old way.To give thank you.I do not know what to call the religion,and what i am seeking .
Deborah

Deborah

• Fir
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »

I do know what to call my religion that why I asked about the gods,Who they were?What they are?I do not know how old my religion is all I got are peaces and bites of information.I read all of the first page for newbies the boxes on the newbie page said go on website that one could work one on one that what I did I  went to www.Witchvox.com where I could fine the answer to my quistion? l live in the bible belt. This place I live in dose not look kindly on people that is not chirstany faith.I am afraid that when people are differnt in there belief it causes trouble? These backwater preuters would burn a cross in the front yard to make there feeling known they are right IMHO I learn no religion is wrong.IMHO we do not know what going to be there when we go to summerland or heaven or the differnt places they are when we die.It what we learn.How we live that important IMHO.And in my IMHO how we go.
Deborah

groovetothemusic

• Alder
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 06:05:52 AM »

Thanks for all the welcomes.. I will continue to read and generate a million questions! :) Have a BEAUTIFUL day! Its snowing in Madrid and I couldnt help but run/dance from the metro to my house with the biggest smile listening to my music and feeling the snow land on my face.. Enjoy! :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98   Go Up