Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2019, 04:35:00 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Haven Introductions  (Read 162296 times)

Wricker Dreadtemper

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The Virg♂an Order
Re: Newbie Haven Introductions
« Reply #1155 on: February 21, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »

Hello, to One and All.

I'm here to learn.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #1156 on: February 21, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum Wricker. Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself so we have a better understanding of what you are interested in and what you wish to learn?

Phoeanix Ashborn

• Pine
  • From the ashes...I am reborn
« Reply #1157 on: February 21, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »

Welcome B!

Wricker Dreadtemper

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The Virg♂an Order
« Reply #1158 on: February 21, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum Wricker. ...

Thank you.

...Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself so we have a better understanding of what you are interested in and what you wish to learn?

I'm interested in exploring the The Dynion Mwyn tradition of witchcraft, not as a means to socialize.

Thank you for understanding.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #1159 on: February 21, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »

The Dynion Mwyn Tradition? I haven't heard of that before (I'm still new to the craft). Now I'm curious, definitely going to look that up.

I understand, I only asked that since you were here to learn. Happy reading and I wish you luck on what you are looking for.

TheCemeteryRose

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #1160 on: February 21, 2014, 10:21:35 PM »

;D Hello Every body. I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but i'm diving into the water
fancy free. I'm Shelby. i'm new to the practice of Wicca, but i have always been a spiritual person. I hope by joining this site I will find help along my journey and make new friends.

MoonlitWings

• Birch
« Reply #1161 on: February 21, 2014, 11:26:27 PM »

Hello TCR :) welcome and this is the right place and you could also make a separate thread for your intro if you wanted to. Since you're new to Wicca, please check out the stickied threads in the Newbie section and under the Wicca Q & A. Also check out the Book recommendations threads as well. If you have any questions, try using the search function to find your answer, and if you can't find it, you're more than welcome to ask the members here for help and advice. Enjoy your stay and don't rush on your journey, take it all in ^^ and I believe you'll make some friends here. I certainly have. This place is like a second family to most.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #1162 on: February 22, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »

Welcome B, TCR, and Wricker.

Wricker try witchvox.com for info if you haven't already.

Happy journey.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #1163 on: February 26, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum Wricker. ...

Thank you.

...Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself so we have a better understanding of what you are interested in and what you wish to learn?

I'm interested in exploring the The Dynion Mwyn tradition of witchcraft, not as a means to socialize.

http://beyondthemystery.forumotion.com/t144-y-dynion-mwyn-welsh-witchcraft might be a good place to start...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #1164 on: February 26, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »

Are you Welsh? 
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #1165 on: February 26, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

Wricker Dreadtemper, I nosed around a bit, and I have to tell you The Dynion Mwyn Tradition of Witchcraft looks to me like it was made up about 10 minutes ago by a couple of high school kids. Just for starters, they have Nimue as a Corn Queen? Corn is a New World food, not Welsh, and Nimue was a witch not a goddess. That's just one example and it doesn't bode well.

How long have you been studying the Craft?

"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #1166 on: February 26, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »

Here's another one for you Wricker.  The Goddess Donn (Danu) is represented by a winged ankh?  Come again?  I don't even...
Everyone here would support your desire to get accurate information about the Craft whether TIW, TBW, BTW or Eclectic.  But it really chaps my hide when a tradition that is clearly wildly eclectic claims this long and rich religious history  supposedly based on witchcraft, Druidism, Faerie and oral lore.
We'd be happy to answer questions but I suggest you do more research before you settle on a pagan path or tradition.  It will save you a lot of pain a few years down the line.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

Wricker Dreadtemper

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The Virg♂an Order

Wricker Dreadtemper

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The Virg♂an Order
« Reply #1168 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »

Are you Welsh?

Whatever else I am, I'm not a racist.

Wricker Dreadtemper

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • The Virg♂an Order
« Reply #1169 on: February 27, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »

Wricker Dreadtemper, I nosed around a bit, and I have to tell you The Dynion Mwyn Tradition of Witchcraft looks to me like it was made up about 10 minutes ago by a couple of high school kids. Just for starters, they have Nimue as a Corn Queen? Corn is a New World food, not Welsh, and Nimue was a witch not a goddess. That's just one example and it doesn't bode well.

How long have you been studying the Craft? [...]

Here's another one for you Wricker.  The Goddess Donn (Danu) is represented by a winged ankh?  Come again?  I don't even...
Everyone here would support your desire to get accurate information about the Craft whether TIW, TBW, BTW or Eclectic.  But it really chaps my hide when a tradition that is clearly wildly eclectic claims this long and rich religious history  supposedly based on witchcraft, Druidism, Faerie and oral lore.
We'd be happy to answer questions but I suggest you do more research before you settle on a pagan path or tradition.  It will save you a lot of pain a few years down the line.

I appreciate the admonition, sincerely, but I've never been one to believe anything I've read without vetting it to the best of my abilities. That is, in fact what brought me here - a site from the search engine rendered zero results for the phrase "Dynion Mwyn" prior to my registering for an account here.

What better way to view something critically than through the eyes of those naturally inclined to be critical of it? 
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 98   Go Up