Welcome, Guest
August 18, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: )O( Merry Meet )O(  (Read 1534 times)

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
)O( Merry Meet )O(
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »

Hello, everyone...and merry meet.  It just occurred to me that I've been lurking around here for awhile and occasionally replying to posts, but that I had never introduced myself.  So hello!

Anyway, I call myself a witch, partly because I aspire to be the "wise woman" of the past, and have been studying herbal remedies and folk medicine.  I don't think that what I believe exactly follows what Wicca defines itself as?mostly?and the term Pagan doesn't feel comfortable in my mind, so witch it is.  (Also, superficially, I'm also one that likes to see the humor in everything, especially nowadays, so being taken for the whole stereotypical Halloween/Wizard of Oz-esque  witch gives me the giggles, but don't get me wrong, I take my belief structure very seriously.)

So far, I have really enjoyed this board, and have gained a few new insights, which have strengthened and fleshed out my beliefs, or made me question some of them, which is part of the learning and growing process as well.  Hopefully, I will return the favor and help someone else strengthen their own faith.

Looking forward to reading and posting more in the future!  )O(  Blessed Be!  )O(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:57:48 AM by behindstarryeyes »
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

ulfhednar

• Rowan
  • A coven of one.
Re: )O( Merry Meet )O(
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »

Hi, and I'm sorry you went through that. i have had similar bad experiences
I am like the wolf, cunning and deadly.
Wiccan Strong.

Foxstar

• Rowan
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »

Welcome, welcome, sweetheart.
I'm glad you are such a strong soul. 
I know what you mean about calling yourself a witch.  I am in the same boat in the sense that I do take some from Wiccan, but I consider myself a little more old school witch.  I'm still learning what that means to me.
Anywho, we will figure it out :) 
Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

Blessed be,
Britni
From that time forth he believed that the wise man is one who never sets himself apart from other living things, whether they have speech or not, and in later years he strove long to learn what can be learned, in silence, from the eyes of animals, the flight of birds, the great slow gesture of trees

ejfinch

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »

Hello and welcome, starry eyes! I'm happy to meet you. I am not Wiccan, either. Started down that road but found I was more comfortable with the Traditional Witch path. I suits me much better. There are a lot of intelligent, helpful people around here, as I'm sure you have noticed. You sound like a strong person who shouldn't have any trouble ignoring the immature jerks. Best of luck to you as you continue your journey!
Elizabeth

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

Welcome, starry eyes! It is wonderful to have you here with us. I'm yet another gal here who isn't Wiccan.
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »

Hail and welcome to TCC.  I know something about abuse because I was sexually abused when I was 11 by my grandfather on my dad's side of the family.

As for my path, I don't if I am a witch, yet I have a great laugh about the stereotypical witch from the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz movie to the recent witch/wizard adventures in the "Harry Potter" series of books and movies.  However, despite my interest in those stereotypes of the witch and wizard, I do hope I take my "religion" seriously.

Also, part of me is pulled toward Wicca, yet part of me is more interested in becoming a witch.  I do have one book about Wicca Thoth Scott Cunningham wrote, yet I have not read about traditional witches or anything about witchcraft.  I need to look it up on the Internet or find more information in books.

Blessed Be,

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »

Greetings and welcome

Nura

• Oak
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »

I am so sorry this has happened to you  :'(..... but Welcome!

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Welcome to TCC

Wow - that is quite an ordeal and it is never easy breaking away from a situation like that.  I'm glad to hear you made it out and have a fresh start.
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

MockOrange

• Fir
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »

Bright Blessings,
I am sorry to hear about this, it is tragic.
And I agree, thank the Goddess he has some restraints from getting near you due to his job.
I do hope things will eventually clear out, if not, improve gradually over time.
Also, life has been tough for me as well, but not as tough as what you're coping with,
I respect your strengths and determination.
Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again.[/
i])O(
As Above, And So Below.
Merry Meet, Merry Part, And Merry Meet Again.
)O(
Pages: [1]   Go Up