Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 09:55:13 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiccan Girlfriend ...Help?  (Read 13419 times)

rainman657

Re: Wiccan Girlfriend ...Help?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »

Yay I got quoted!!! All I meant by seemed heated, by reading peoples reactions. I never thought anything more of it, than by trying to point the person who started this topic in the direction needed.  ;D

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »

Yea but Serp you actually post stuff that is informative every once in a while. Also you are not completely against the religion. and you don't seem to look down upon it.
Thanks sweety, And I'm not anti-Wicca at all, I just prefer a more visceral and amoral type of Paganism. And I don't worship my Gods, because they don't need me to.
(Or if they do, they never said so) But it strokes for folks, all the way. Lady Eris says for me to say, that she likes Witches too. She can have any face she chooses, so She may even have been present at some Wiccan rites, moonlighting for one of those lazy Corn Goddesses. (She just laughed at that)  
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Nura

• Oak
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »

awww you called me sweety :-p. That is one thing I have never been called by someone other than my BF.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »

awww you called me sweety :-p. That is one thing I have never been called by someone other than my BF.
I wasn't trying to be overfamiliar or anything, (I call everyone Sweety) but when you get to my age, one of the priviliges, is that you get to be able to call any Woman Sweety, or Darlin', and not sound like you're trying it on.  Although . . .  :-\  . Nah, (But you are quite Sweet)  ;D
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Nura

• Oak
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »

Lol I was just joking. I live in the south and grew up with a mom that was a waitress so she calls everyone Hun. I understand, and thank you ;D

Silverhands

• Girls just wanna have fun.
  • Council Elder
  • Hawthorn
  • Helloooo Dahling!
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

I wasn't aware this would get that heated.

Here's the thing: I have done a lot of research, but you gotta remember, I have ZERO background on the subject and have only been farmilliar with it due to her. So the amount I do know I'd say is decent.

And yes, I did mean Scott Cunningham, I realized my mistake after I posted. His writings seem to be fairly basic and easy to understand for beginners, but the reason I came here is so I can learn how to USE what's in that book.

Ugh, look, I'll say this straight up: I know hardly anything on the subject, I've read the book, and heard tid bits from her, and frankly, my retention skills are less than average. But I thought that I could seek guidance from other Wiccans on the subject. But if it's going to turn into a mild hate fest, you can lock the topic right now.

I'm failing to see where anything has even been remotely hateful. 
When I was a kid, "anti-bacterial" cleaner meant, if you fell down and scraped your knee, you'd spit on it and keep on playing! ~~Silverhands

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »

I'm failing to see where anything has even been remotely hateful. 
Nah, We is all Lovedup in this fread. Too many Hippys to get frackshus.

DaNerdling

• Elm
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »

Been a while since I posted, but I'm back with a slightly more open mind.

First of all, thanks to those who gave me the advice. Whether I misinterpreted or not, you were only trying to help.

And secondly, did my girlfriend get banned? Her account (KittyCass) appears to no longer be active  ???

Again, sorry for all this, I just really want to try to understand her religion and I don't want to be in the dark about what she does and what she believes. It doesn't help coming from a religion where they believe a guy walked on water.

If I am still welcome here, I'd like to continue posting.

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »

Been a while since I posted, but I'm back with a slightly more open mind.

First of all, thanks to those who gave me the advice. Whether I misinterpreted or not, you were only trying to help.

And secondly, did my girlfriend get banned? Her account (KittyCass) appears to no longer be active  ???

Again, sorry for all this, I just really want to try to understand her religion and I don't want to be in the dark about what she does and what she believes. It doesn't help coming from a religion where they believe a guy walked on water.

If I am still welcome here, I'd like to continue posting.

Welcome back. :)

Nah, she wasn't banned.  She left. (Here's her "goodbye" thread.)  It's likely that her account was deleted because she requested it.  Or because she wasn't coming back.

And everyone is welcome here, my friend.  Don't worry.  I, for one, would love for you to hang out and post. :)
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

DaNerdling

• Elm
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »

Hmm, interesting, very interesting. I won't say why though, it would only cause problems.

Anyways, thank you for the welcome back, I know I wasn't entirely as open minded as I could have been, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

As stated before, I myself am not Wiccan, so I may not post a whole lot, but if I ever have any questions this is the first place I will turn.  :)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 07:00:38 AM »

Hmm, interesting, very interesting. I won't say why though, it would only cause problems.
ONLY if you're looking for them.  Which, since YOU mention it, ARE YOU?
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

DaNerdling

• Elm
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 07:03:34 AM »

ONLY if you're looking for them.  Which, since YOU mention it, ARE YOU?
Most certainly not, I would have said why if I was.

No worries, I'm not here to cause trouble. Just trying to immerse myself and learn.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 07:04:33 AM »

Enjoy, then.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 07:13:37 PM »

So why this cryptic line?  What does that even mean? Problems?
Who for? And why allude to something being 'interesting'  in the first place, if you're not going elaborate on it? This whole sentence means nothing to anyone except yourself. Which is where you maybe should have kept it.

Anyways, thank you for the welcome back, I know I wasn't entirely as open minded as I could have been, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

As stated before, I myself am not Wiccan, so I may not post a whole lot, but if I ever have any questions this is the first place I will turn.  :)
lAnd lots of people here aren't Wiccan, but still post plenty.

So how's 'kitty cass'? Haven't you seen her?

Only asking because you don't seem to know whether she even still posts here or not.
I think I may have even advised her to dump you at some point. Did she dump you? (Just being nosy)

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »

Yes, I do decorate for Christmas, but I don't understand why Wiccans also put up a tree and tinsel and whatnot, because technically it is a Christian holiday.

Can I just say to this statement that decorating for Christmas has nothing to do with the origin of Christianity. Decorating for Christmas began hundreds, possibly thousands, of years after Jesus died. Also, if you want to celebrate the birth of your savior correctly you should celebrate around the beginning of April which would have been the time in which men were required to take their families to the town of the man of the house's birth to register for the census. Decorating for Christmas is purely a modern world culture. I know Atheists, Wiccans, Jews, Christians, etc who decorate for Christmas simply for the tradition of it. I decorate from the beginning of December to the new year to cover Yule as well as Christmas because, like you, I grew up in a Christian home. But unlike you I felt drawn to a different path.
Decorating for Christmas, and what we now know as Christmas in the modern world has nothing to do with the Christian holiday of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Team Ex-Marine Superhero Awesomeness GO!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up