Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2019, 05:25:42 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to all!  (Read 1842 times)

Hazelearth

• Elm
Hello to all!
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

I am very happy to join this forum. I've just started my year and a day training as a solitary, and I know I'm definitely going to need some human sources. I am very new to this, as I've always been a, for a lack of a better term, spiritual hermit. I've studied Wicca for a long time before I decided to dive into the cauldron, as I wanted to make sure that I was really sure of this. I've had a connection to nature growing up. While kids played sports, I played in the woods. Thanks again for letting me in.

ETA: I don't have anything against people who play or played sports as kids, I just liked being in the woods better.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:58:42 PM by Hazelearth »

Nura

• Oak
Re: Hello to all!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

Hi! Welcome to TCC! :D

Hjolmaer

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:39:37 PM »

Welcome aboard.

Read.  Participate in the discussions.  Check out the stickied threads in Newbie Haven, Wicca Q&A, Pagan Q&A, and Informative Announcements.

Especially the one about the TCC Beltane Festival.....

ejfinch

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »

Hello and welcome, Hazelearth!

Elizabeth

(H-shameless plug for Beltane...... ;)

Hjolmaer

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »

Hello and welcome, Hazelearth!

Elizabeth

(H-shameless plug for Beltane...... ;)

No, deary.  THIS is a shameless plug for Beltane:

Hazelearth: click this link:

http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=2845.1260

Hazelearth

• Elm
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »

Okay, first off, this site is a gold mine of information. I wonder, do people go hours on end without seeing day or night reading all this? So much information, and I'm really enjoying myself soaking it up. I know I'm going to have to take a break to really absorb it, but I've struck gold baby!

Now that my logical side has said it's piece....Wooo Hooo! A Beltane Festival?! Are you serious? If only I joined sooner, I'd know about it sooner, and I could have more time for planning! No time to waste! I really hope I can make it. All the things I've studied keep running through my head about the Sabbats, and celebration. I think I'm getting way ahead of myself, and my imagination's running with it.

By the way, I've read through all the suggested reading..any more? I feel like a book worm in a grand library getting ready for the biggest smorgasbord known to wormkind.

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:48:43 PM »

Hello :-)

Hjolmaer

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »

Now that my logical side has said it's piece....Wooo Hooo! A Beltane Festival?! Are you serious? If only I joined sooner, I'd know about it sooner, and I could have more time for planning! No time to waste! I really hope I can make it. All the things I've studied keep running through my head about the Sabbats, and celebration. I think I'm getting way ahead of myself, and my imagination's running with it.

The "per person" cost is going to be kept as low as we can (should be quite reasonable, really) so your main investment will be in travel.

By the way, I've read through all the suggested reading..any more? I feel like a book worm in a grand library getting ready for the biggest smorgasbord known to wormkind.

Everything else?

Seriously.  Even the [sarcasm]venerated[/sarcasm] works of Silver RavingWoot can hold useful information, if you are discerning enough.

"When fools speak, wise men listen."

Hazelearth

• Elm
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »

I'm sorry, misunderstanding. I meant the links you suggested I go to. I am far from reading those suggested reading when it comes to books. I'm working on that though. sigh I'm gonna run out of book space soon. Time to invest in book shelves.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »

I firmly believe you can not own too many books.

I'm reasonably sure it's literarily impossible  ;)

As for links: Google.  Just punch in Wicca or Pagan, or whatever specific topic you want to know more about.  But always remember:

Trust nothing.
Test everything.
Discern with care.
Pages: [1]   Go Up