Welcome, Guest
July 22, 2019, 05:09:17 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 5476 times)

aloe

• Cypress
Re: Hello All
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 02:16:23 PM »

I've also seen it used as another term for kitchen witch or green witch.

That's the way I've heard the term used, interesting that there's another meaning.

ejfinch

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »

Kitchen Witch and Green Witch refer to Witches who are heavily into herbalism. They have nothing to do with being a Hedgewitch.......it's not a literal "hedge" that is being referred to. Not that a Witch can't be both......they just refer to different things.

CuriousOne

• Fir
  • Sing like no one's listening.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »

Thank you. I did a search within the forum and couldn't find anything that satisfied my question on what a hedgewitch is.

Another question... is there a certain term for interest in stones and colors and their meanings and uses? I have always been fond of certain rocks/stones and have found some interesting information on color usage.... such as light blue being associated with sleep, relaxation etc. My boyfriend is basically an insomniac and I am looking into perhaps using certain colored pillow cases to see if it may help him. I figure it's worth a shot.
-The best place to begin is at the beginning-

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »

Crystallogy is the study of the metaphysical abilities of crystals and gemstones.

As for colors, that would fall under "color magic", I'd imagine.
Trump is still your President.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »

Thank you. I did a search within the forum and couldn't find anything that satisfied my question on what a hedgewitch is.

Another question... is there a certain term for interest in stones and colors and their meanings and uses? I have always been fond of certain rocks/stones and have found some interesting information on color usage.... such as light blue being associated with sleep, relaxation etc. My boyfriend is basically an insomniac and I am looking into perhaps using certain colored pillow cases to see if it may help him. I figure it's worth a shot.

Also look into herbs, such as chamomile and lavender (the two most common for the purpose).  You can make a "sleep pillow" with such things.

And while light blue has been associated with sleep, etc, you also want to keep in mind that those associations are based on commonality.  Most people find light blue to be a "relaxing" color, but not everyone.  I'd pump your b/f for information about what colors/scents/etc he finds relaxing.  The "common" ones may work for him, but they may not.

Take the two herbs I suggested.  Perhaps he finds the smell of lavender to be unpleasant.  If that were the case, a sleep pillow including it most certainly wouldn't help induce a relaxed state for him.

Just an example, of course.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:04:02 PM by Hjolmaer »

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »

It smells horrid and doesn't taste great (mix with honey to help that) but tincture of valerian root is like a mild tranquilizer.  Knocks me out every time and I've always had sleep issues.

ejfinch

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »

Thank you. I did a search within the forum and couldn't find anything that satisfied my question on what a hedgewitch is.Another question... is there a certain term for interest in stones and colors and their meanings and uses? I have always been fond of certain rocks/stones and have found some interesting information on color usage.... such as light blue being associated with sleep, relaxation etc. My boyfriend is basically an insomniac and I am looking into perhaps using certain colored pillow cases to see if it may help him. I figure it's worth a shot.

Like I said, Hedgewitch is a specific type of Traditional Witch. You are searching on the wrong site. You will have much better luck looking on the internet, in general, or on a Traditional forum. There are not many and you have to be careful that you don't end up on one that claims to be Trad Craft but is really more Wicca. Not bashing Wicca here, just pointing out that there is a vast difference.

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »

Kitchen Witch and Green Witch refer to Witches who are heavily into herbalism. They have nothing to do with being a Hedgewitch.......it's not a literal "hedge" that is being referred to. Not that a Witch can't be both......they just refer to different things.

Is this like what you're referring to? http://walkingthehedge.net/wildgeekhang/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:what-is-a-hedgewitch&catid=38:hedgewitchy&Itemid=93

ejfinch

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 07:35:31 AM »

Is this like what you're referring to? http://walkingthehedge.net/wildgeekhang/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:what-is-a-hedgewitch&catid=38:hedgewitchy&Itemid=93

While some of the information on that link rings true, with me, it seems to lump several different paths together-more of an overall description of Traditional Witchcraft than the HedgeWitch in particular. This link, IMO, is a pretty clear description:

http://witchofforestgrove.com/2009/09/13/hedge-witchery/

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »

While some of the information on that link rings true, with me, it seems to lump several different paths together-more of an overall description of Traditional Witchcraft than the HedgeWitch in particular. This link, IMO, is a pretty clear description:

http://witchofforestgrove.com/2009/09/13/hedge-witchery/

K, thanks. :)

CuriousOne

• Fir
  • Sing like no one's listening.
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »

Also look into herbs, such as chamomile and lavender (the two most common for the purpose).  You can make a "sleep pillow" with such things.

And while light blue has been associated with sleep, etc, you also want to keep in mind that those associations are based on commonality.  Most people find light blue to be a "relaxing" color, but not everyone.  I'd pump your b/f for information about what colors/scents/etc he finds relaxing.  The "common" ones may work for him, but they may not.

Take the two herbs I suggested.  Perhaps he finds the smell of lavender to be unpleasant.  If that were the case, a sleep pillow including it most certainly wouldn't help induce a relaxed state for him.

Just an example, of course.

Wow. Herbs never crossed my mind. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  ;D I will certainly give this a try.

Any ideas for stopping snoring... besides a swift elbow in the ribs?  :-p
-The best place to begin is at the beginning-

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »

Those Breath Right nasal strips can help. Otherwise....earplugs?  :-p

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »

Those Breath Right nasal strips can help. Otherwise....earplugs?  :-p

My wife snores, grinds her teeth, and talks in her sleep. I always kept a pair of earplugs handy.  But, now that we're living in seperate dwellings and no longer sleeping together, I don't have this problem.
Trump is still your President.

ejfinch

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:36 AM »

Wow. Herbs never crossed my mind. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  ;D I will certainly give this a try.

Any ideas for stopping snoring... besides a swift elbow in the ribs?  :-p
You can get custom mouthpieces from a good dentist that eliminate snoring and also prevent the physical toll, caused to the person snoring, due to the constant interruptions in their sleep (and yours). There was a news story on it yesterday-they are even recommending them for some people with sleep apnea.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 04:06:23 AM »

Can you link to it?  I've got a friend with sleep apnea.  He'd be interested in that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up