Welcome, Guest
December 11, 2019, 04:05:08 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too many decisions, too much information  (Read 2509 times)

Hazelearth

• Elm
Too many decisions, too much information
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:04:01 AM »

Alright, first road block. During my studies and practices, I've come across a lot of of new things to explore (divination, meditation, visualization, ritual practice, energy work, runes, ogham, numerology, etc.). Okay, not to mention the numerous things that go with those listed. Now given that I don't have a person directing my progress, I feel like a blade of grass is knowledge I want, and I'm in a field, a vast open field. I need to know how to determine which studies need more of my attention than others. Please help.

Hjolmaer

Re: Too many decisions, too much information
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »

Being as this is under Wicca Q&A, I'm going to guess that your path is Wiccan?

If so, I would start by researching and gaining an understanding of Wicca itself, as a religion and spiritual path.  The craft can come later.

Hazelearth

• Elm
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:39 AM »

I'm sorry, I completely forgot to mention that I studied a lot through the use of different resources about Wicca before I started my year and a day, but now that I started, I'm looking into my books and such to figure where to get started. I'm not in this to just learn all these things, but that doesn't stop my mind from going gimme gimme gimme. Put simply, I chose this path for spiritual growth (cause it feels right), but I tend to have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:54 AM »

I need to know how to determine which studies need more of my attention than others. Please help.

Look, I don't want to sound smug or trite, here, but this is information that you already have.  "It is in yourself" and "Meditate on this, grasshopper" sound so flipping CORNY, but they're true.

I was 26 when I started.  I'm pushing 61.  I'm not done.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Hazelearth

• Elm
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »

Look, I don't want to sound smug or trite, here, but this is information that you already have.  "It is in yourself" and "Meditate on this, grasshopper" sound so flipping CORNY, but they're true.

I was 26 when I started.  I'm pushing 61.  I'm not done.

Alright, I see what you're saying. I suppose I'm letting all this clutter when it's really not that difficult. Ya know, I keep forgetting that I have quite a long time to learn.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:43:48 AM »

And, as the gentleman points out with himself as an example, you'll always be learning.

Take your time.  Pick one and roll with it, if nothing else.

Hazelearth

• Elm
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:56:36 AM »

I greatly appreciate the advice. I'm happy to have found this site. Books can provide knowledge, but not wisdom. I think meditation, ritual practice, and continuing nature walks would be a good start.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:07:18 AM »

There's so much to know and learn about all of this esoteric stuff ... you could spend and entire lifetime learning and still barely scratch the surface. It really is a vast open field.  :)

I would say this ... trust your gut. Go with your instincts. If you feel drawn to something ... follow that, and trust that everything will work out just as it should.
Pages: [1]   Go Up