Welcome, Guest
December 14, 2017, 04:32:15 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is he my spirit guide?  (Read 1553 times)

artemis

Is he my spirit guide?
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »

On the topic of spirit guides, A couple of nights ago I've tried to contact mine to no avail. But this morning, I remembered that when I was younger (I attend high school...the time that i'm talking about is when I was 6-8ish) I had this pale man with grey eyes and white hair who always came to me in dreams. We would always chat about nothing in particular, and he would give me his humourous two-cents. I remember that his house was a suspended wooden tree house. It looked small on the outside, but when you climbed in, it was the size of a large cabin. There was always cluttered paper and trinkets.

This is all that I remember, and I was not raised wiccan so I never gave this a second thought. I however have always been an empath and had many "imaginary friends" who I would talk to. My mother is a psychic.

Do you think that this was my spirit guide? Would I perhaps be able to contact him again, even though we haven't spoken in so long (if it is?)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
Re: Is he my spirit guide?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:19:12 PM »

I'm going to move this to "Earth-based" for a broader cross-section...
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

artemis

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »

Alrighty~ Now that I re-read this, I forgot to add that his name was Wisher. (Strange, I know.) I don't remember if he introduced himself to me that way...or if I just named him myself. Then again, this could just be a product of a child's imagination.

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »

Don't get me started on my opinion of people putting down things like this as "child's imagination"!  Children are so much closer to the spirit world than adults.  No one has taught them seeing things and believing in things that aren't "really" there is wrong or silly.  Adults actually have to relearn the skills (like visualization) that came naturally to us as children.  We have to separate from the innocence of childhood to become adults, but that innocent acceptance isn't something to be put down, but rather something to hope to be able to emulate.

That said, I never tell people what their guide is or isn't since that is such a personal thing.  I will say that if this man appeared to you on several occasions, gave advice (his 2 cents), and was there to support and comfort you he pretty much fits the definition.  As to how to contact him, I would suggest thinking about meeting up with him again in your dreams as you are falling asleep.  You could also try to contact him through visualization.
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »

Not a guide as such. I get the feeling he was your great grand father. Been around watching over your mom now looking in on you as well.
Ask her

artemis

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

Good point Wyldkat~

dark magus-I considered that, but then I realized that "Wisher" was white...and I'm...not. So i talked to my mother about my heritage on my father's side of the family a few minutes ago, (since he's no longer in my life) and she told me that my great great grandfather was white. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. It's pretty plausible though.

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »

By the way, no matter what he is or isn't the suggestions I gave for contacting him work either way.  :)
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

artemis

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »

Thanks! I'm going to try to contact him tonight~

Starrry_Night

• Fir
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 02:54:43 PM »

how did your contact with him go?
Religion is a personal and spiritual journey to find ones self and to achieve a oneness with their surroundings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up