Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2019, 11:28:18 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, you can call me Little.  (Read 2087 times)

littleamelia15

• Elm
Hi, you can call me Little.
« on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:34 AM »

I'm still fairly ignorant even through I've been blundering around on the path since before I knew what I what I was doing, and to be prefectly honest i'm still not sure what i'm doing. And forgive me if I haven't figured out all the bells and whistles of this site, it's a work in progress.
I'm here to learn all I can!

blessed be.

Hjolmaer

Re: Hi, you can call me Little.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »

Welcome aboard.

Which path, exactly?

littleamelia15

• Elm
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »

I'm not entirely sure, I believe that if you defined it, it would be wicca, but I don't do circles or rites because
1. I don't want to be disresceptful to my parents, who house i still live in and who are very, very christan and there aren't any other people that I could practice with
2. I'm not entirely sure how to start.
but I worship the goddess and god and celebrate all the sabbats.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »

I'm not entirely sure, I believe that if you defined it, it would be wicca, but I don't do circles or rites because
1. I don't want to be disresceptful to my parents, who house i still live in and who are very, very christan and there aren't any other people that I could practice with

Being underaged, then following the rules of the house in which you live is important.  But you don't need all the "trappings" to cast a circle and perform rituals.  You can internalize them through visualization and meditation.

2. I'm not entirely sure how to start.
but I worship the goddess and god and celebrate all the sabbats.

Well, then I would suggest you check out the suggested reading list.  If you can't get books and read them at home, is it possible for you to go to a local bookstore and read them there?  Same with a local library.  There's also a thread on internet resources, as well as the various threads on here.

I believe Firewillow started a thread on starting out on the Wiccan path.

As far as actually being Wiccan, that takes intent.  You either are or you aren't.  Check the stickied threads (pushpin symbol next to their name) in the Wicca Q&A sub-forum.  That'll get you started on figuring out what path your on.

And don't worry too much about labeling it.  There's nothing wrong with simply calling yourself "pagan".

littleamelia15

• Elm
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »

Actually, I'm not underaged, I just live with my parents because dorms are expensive.  ;)
thanks for the advice, I have been trying to not label myself because I want to study and try to get all the facts before I commit to anything, because I've lived a very sheltered life and I want to get out there and experince so I know what I'm doing.....if that makes any sense.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »

Actually, I'm not underaged, I just live with my parents because dorms are expensive.  ;)

Been there, done that.  Lived in a dorm my first 3 years of college, because it was a university and the dorms were included with tuition.  I'd drive home on the weekends (folks lived an hour away) to work and do laundry.  When I transferred to a different college, the dorms cost extra, and were outragesouly expensive, so I just stayed with my folks.  Upon graduating, however, I got a better job and later got my own place.

Oh, and welcome.   8)
Trump is still your President.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »

Welcome to TCC.  I gotta give you cudos for respecting your parents house.  8)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Hjolmaer

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »

My apologies.  I shouldn't have assumed you were underage.

And as EBS said, well done respecting your family despite being "of age". 

littleamelia15

• Elm
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »

*salutes* thank you, sirs. I do my best.  :) (i'm assuming your sirs, correct me if i'm wrong)
to Hjolmaer, no need to apologize, people think i'm underage all the time. It comes with the territory when your 4'11.
to snake-man, college is ridulously expensive I don't see how so many people do it. and on top of the $ i wouldn't want to leave my dog with the parentals, they would probably have drop-kicked him over a fence by now. ( <- this is my attempt at humor, hopefully nobody takes me seriously)

thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

to snake-man, college is ridulously expensive I don't see how so many people do it.

Scholarships help, but most of the time, students pay for it by taking out student-loans and then being in debt for the next 30 years or so.

4'11", huh?...I had a girlfriend that was 4'11" once.  Tiny little thing.  Came up to just over my stomach (I'm 6'3").

littleamelia15

• Elm
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »

I'm on a grant right now, and applying for scholarships all the time.
yup, you can only imagine the midgit, short-fry,vertically challenged jokes get made at my expense  ::)
oh, and as far as the books go, I have a few on druidry and some anthropology books on myths, but the one wiccan book I had (scott cunninghams guide for the solitary practioner) was taken by my mom and swapped on paperback swap because "she thought I was done with it" the one bookstore and the library in town have a very limited amount of books on paganism and wicca because I live in the bible belt.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »

I'm on a grant right now, and applying for scholarships all the time.
yup, you can only imagine the midgit, short-fry,vertically challenged jokes get made at my expense  ::)
oh, and as far as the books go, I have a few on druidry and some anthropology books on myths, but the one wiccan book I had (scott cunninghams guide for the solitary practioner) was taken by my mom and swapped on paperback swap because "she thought I was done with it" the one bookstore and the library in town have a very limited amount of books on paganism and wicca because I live in the bible belt.

You need this catalog--

http://www.isisbooks.com/

Isis Books and Gifts-- Wiccan/Pagan/Metaphysical Supplies.  Mail order.  They have tons of books, including Cunningham's.  Just click on the link at the top where it says "Free Catalog Order".
Pages: [1]   Go Up