Welcome, Guest
May 21, 2019, 01:31:26 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to those  (Read 1020 times)

Sccoter268

• Alder
Hello to those
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:11:45 AM »

I messed up on making my user name, so its actually Scooter.. But real name is Kelly.. 1st thing, I've been drawn to Wicca by chance and cherish its beliefs. I am infatuated with Nature and especially with Water.. I do nothing more than aquariums and marine conservations when it comes to that. I do like the out doors, the energy of what was not understood at times was when I was in the Army long time ago. Nothing was more peaceful than being outside, in the worlds elements.

I am well aware that Wicca or any of its diverseness isn't some twilight saga, I understand that.. I am one with my nature and God/Goddess. I try to live a positive life as much as I can and do what I can for others..

About me: I live in Houma, La (Its on a map, look below New Orleans), which some people around here does not know what Wicca is and thinks its a basket. We have a small store, that opened and I work as a Peace Officer and was drawn to that store, like a fly to a light. I do not dwell in Voodoo nor want to know about it. That's for the tourist in the New Orleans area..

As stated before, I love the Marine environment and relish every aspect of life it holds. I have two aquariums (which are only farmed raised or raised from other tanks- not from wild) reef tanks. I teach my son the importance of nature and he loves a walk in the woods. (AKA forest, we just call them woods), and he loves pointing out the moon..

I am asking for help in regards to litature with Wicca to understand it and not be a poser, be a practitioner in this religion .

Thanks to all,

Blessed be

Kelly Champagne
Peace can not be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding- Albert Einstein

Hjolmaer

Re: Hello to those
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 03:49:53 AM »

Check the stickied threads (pushpin symbol next to their name) in Wicca Q&A, Pagan Q&A and Newbie Haven.  They've got references to help you get started.

Why don't you want to know about Voodoo?  It's a valid practice.

Welcome aboard.

Sccoter268

• Alder
Re: Hello to those
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »

I did look into Voodoo at one time or another.. But too much bad stuff and I'm not to quaint with it at this point in time. During some rituals, you invoke spells to cast away evil spirits.  Also this part of Louisiana, there isn't much here. We got one shop (divine lotus) which deals with Pagan based religion to Buddhism..
Peace can not be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding- Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up