Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
Hello Hello!
Welcome, Guest
April 08, 2020, 07:04:17 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Hello!  (Read 1135 times)

catm412

Hello Hello!
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

Hi all! I'm Cat and I am so happy I FINALLY found a place where I can not only keep learning of Wicca but reach out to other members in the community  ;D

To introduce myself, I'm twenty-one and have been raised Christian for all of my life. However I've always felt drawn to learning more of Wicca even when I was much younger, which resulted in people having horrible reactions (I was accused in public of worshipping the Devil, going to hell, etc) Needless to say, it was a scarring event and left me somewhat hesitant to reach out into the community again. But with growing up, I have found a loving partner who knows me better than anyone else and a sisterhood of college roommates who are some of the most loving people I know. With their complete support and understanding, I have begun my journey again and am eager to learn more about this path I am choosing.

Now it's a little controversial but I don't think I'll be able to completely abandon my Christian beliefs. But with so many similarities between the two, I am hoping to blend them. Be a Christian Wiccan/Witch (? not sure how to phrase this but I will learn in time). I'm not trying to offend anyone by saying this, but this is what I truly believe and although people may not agree with it, I feel it is right for me and that's what matters.

I'm just taking baby steps here, reading anything I can get my hands on. I haven't actually performed any rituals yet as I would say I'm definitely a beginner and want to learn as much as I can and not just jump into things without knowing what I'm doing. I guess what I'm looking for here is just further knowledge of Wicca and people to help guide me towards better understanding and more support as I continue on this journey. So far I love all this information and am eager to find out more. Thanks for everything everyone and I will keep rummaging about and learning all I can!

~Cat

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
Re: Hello Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

"Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble, we will make you one of us!!!"

Welcome.   ;D
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

strange_seeker

• Cypress
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

YAY!!!! FRESH MEAT!!!! ;DDD

Welcome :) I hope you enjoy it here. I'm pretty new here myself, but I love it. Don't let anyone freak you out (they WILL try!). It's all in fun. ;)

Blessed be!

Hjolmaer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

Welcome aboard.

I won't go into the "Christian-Wiccan" debate here, but if you use the search function you should be able to find it.  "Christopagan" or "Christo-pagan" (sometimes it's a little picky) should bring up a thread or two that contain that old debate.

Otherwise, hit the stickied threads (the name is bold, and there's a pushpin symbol next to the name) in the Newbies, Wicca Q&A and Pagan Q&A sections.  They'll provide the best starting point for you, and you can learn at your own pace.

Enjoy your stay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up