Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
My Lengthy Introduction
Welcome, Guest
April 08, 2020, 05:00:42 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Lengthy Introduction  (Read 3757 times)

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
My Lengthy Introduction
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »

Hi, some of you may have already gotten to know something about me but here is goes, the laying out of me.
I come from a big family, which goes back quite a few years being Wiccans. Mostly the women, since for some reason we all seem to have children with other faiths. When a child is old enough to understand, he/she is given the opition of choosing a religion, of course, we see reps from each path. I chose Wicca since it seemed more natural to me. And thus began my training. I learned the rede and some cute little child spells but never really used them. I still do not mess with magic today. My mother is the one who taught me since my father is catholic, but not hard-core. Buckland's Book of Witchcraft was my main study book and I still use it today if I cannot remember something.
At the age of 6 (or around then, I do not remember all that well), I found my spirit guide. It is a white panther who is not very talkitive (luckly I am  :-p ) and who takes care of me when I am in a special place that only I know about, since I never told my parents. Myfather being catholic does not understand and my mother does not believe I can know about these things before I am around 20, when she discovered hers. See my entry in the posts about spirit guides for more details on our odd friendship.
At the age of 7 I decided that I needed to become a Wiccan with a purpose, either a worrior who fought to make Wicca well known, a protector who helped Wiccan'sin need or a healer. I chose healer. I love herbs and plants. I find it utterly fasinating how they can be used, and I respect them. I do wish I was more comfortable with using them but growing them and trying to heal with them is just enough for me.
Age of 14 my atheme found me, and I took her home.
And me now. I am an odd ball, I can be confusing and I like to talk. I read into things thinking they are deeper than they actually are. That is a fault of mine. I apoligize in advance. I work at an animal shelter with another forum member "KittyCass", and we are close friends. I actaually borrow her computer but I am thinking of buying it off her because I like coming on here and she never has time.
That is more or less me in a nutshell. I want to be friends with everyone, and I hope that goal is achieved. Oh! And on a side note, I love music :P
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
Re: My Lengthy Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »

Welcome.
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

Sorry if it was long and boring, you do not have to read it :P
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:35:28 PM »

Sorry if it was long and boring, you do not have to read it :P

Meh...gives me something to do.   ;)
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »

I know the feeling, may I suggest baking? I have a ton of Wiccan recipies. If you have an ounce of baking skill you can make them. It is what I do when everyone is busy and cannot be bothered with me :P

Hjolmaer

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »

I usually read....or randomly delete users work on my D&D/Pathfinder campaigns, or work on leather.

Welcome aboard, by the way.  I hope you enjoy your stay.

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:08:54 PM »

Thank you :D
I have no clue why Kitty thinks youre harsh...I think you are all very lovable and caring. And very very smart, thinking outside the box. And funny! :)
I will love my stay here, and I plan on staying for a long time  8)

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »

It's just because her boyfriend came around insulting our religion. Which isn't as big a deal as some people seem to think. Oh well ;)
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 07:51:11 AM »

Oh he is a grumpy pants but I like him. He is actually a decend guy when it comes down to it.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »

I know the feeling, may I suggest baking? I have a ton of Wiccan recipies. If you have an ounce of baking skill you can make them. It is what I do when everyone is busy and cannot be bothered with me :P
Oh, I like you! Been here five minutes, you've smoothed things out quite nicely, after your BF almost queered your pitch for you, then you waltz in, telling us all how clever and pleasant we are, which you can't possibly be sure of, but the fact that you even made the effort  says a lot about you. Your social skills leave your boyfriend's tactless brayings, sat in a cave, banging rocks together, (He's punching way above his weight with you, I think) then you jump in and give us the surreal scenario of Snake Baking! The picture of a half baked floury Snake with a frilly Apron on, and a tray full of dainty Cupcakes is indelibly etched in my mind now, and stuff like that is worth it's weight in Golden Apples in my book.
Thank you :D
I have no clue why Kitty thinks youre harsh...I think you are all very lovable and caring. And very very smart, thinking outside the box. And funny! :)
I will love my stay here, and I plan on staying for a long time  8)
We'll soon disavow you of those ideas, most of us are quite capable of "very very, . . . not smart" (as you will doubtless find out soon enough) and as far as I know, there's never even been a box here to think outside. Unless you mean the "Secret moderator's thread", where all the nefarious plots, devious machinations, and "progressive" social engineering projects of the Mods and Admins are hatched. Well out of the way. (For our own protection.*Yeah, right*)  We all know what they're up to though.

And you mentioned earlier, you had your own Nutshell. Which you'll be glad you remembered to bring.
All these Wiccans in the same forum, at times gets a little bit. . . . . . erm, . . .  dynamic ?
Eris tells me they're all a bunch of Yin'd up Bliss Ninnies, but I tell her she's got no grounds to be pointing the Flaky finger around at anyone! It's pretty much all good people here, so long as you don't start taking the Discordian rabble too seriously, that is.

Oh, and six years old, with a bloody great Cat for a Spirit guide? I bet you were one of those pale, 'eldritch' little Witch kids. A spooky little Moonwatcher, with eyes that miss nothing. I bet your folks had trouble finding babysitters for you!  :-p :-p

ETA, I almost forgot, welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:04:06 AM by Serpentium »
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »

You mean Kittys boyfriend. He can be grumpy. Look, I am not here to fight and thank you but I am not a pasty want-to-be moonwatcher. I love the moon and I love nature in general, and I was never babysat, my mother stayed at home with me and my sisters. Also sir, I do not get offended easily, but please DO NOT mock my spirit guide. You do not know him. I really do hate fighting but I am following my beliefs here and saying to leave my guide alone. He is none of your concern, if you wish to give advice and help me please do, I value your opinion. But do not insult him, he has done nothing to you and neither have I.

As for Kittys boyfriend, I am sorry but I enjoy his company. I do not control him nor does she. I do not really blame you for disliking him since he can be quite a jerk at times. Both have made a terrible first impression, and I am sorry for that. But not only are we not the same person, but we have different views on things. She is not as into Paganism (I cannot use Wicca as I have just learned they are different) as I am. She has sortof an emotional detachment so I do not think she will remain on here for long. So there is no need to worry about her. I am thinking of buying her computer since I do not have my own. Now, how can you tell that we are not the same as you have stated? Ask Earthbound Spirit, no one is allowed to have more than one account. Now look up her profile. It is still active.

As for my love of baking, if you do not enjoy it, ignore my posts about it. It was just an idea. Friends?

Please, I really do not want to fight. I enjoy being here and I want to be friends so badly.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »

You mean Kittys boyfriend. He can be grumpy. Look, I am not here to fight and thank you but I am not a pasty want-to-be moonwatcher. I love the moon and I love nature in general, and I was never babysat, my mother stayed at home with me and my sisters. Also sir, I do not get offended easily, but please DO NOT mock my spirit guide. You do not know him. I really do hate fighting but I am following my beliefs here and saying to leave my guide alone. He is none of your concern, if you wish to give advice and help me please do, I value your opinion. But do not insult him, he has done nothing to you and neither have I.

As for Kittys boyfriend, I am sorry but I enjoy his company. I do not control him nor does she. I do not really blame you for disliking him since he can be quite a jerk at times. Both have made a terrible first impression, and I am sorry for that. But not only are we not the same person, but we have different views on things. She is not as into Paganism (I cannot use Wicca as I have just learned they are different) as I am. She has sortof an emotional detachment so I do not think she will remain on here for long. So there is no need to worry about her. I am thinking of buying her computer since I do not have my own. Now, how can you tell that we are not the same as you have stated? Ask Earthbound Spirit, no one is allowed to have more than one account. Now look up her profile. It is still active.

As for my love of baking, if you do not enjoy it, ignore my posts about it. It was just an idea. Friends?

Please, I really do not want to fight. I enjoy being here and I want to be friends so badly.
Whoa! I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I didn't mock your guide at all, and I only mentioned him because you did. And unless I'm mistaken in my recollection, he is a bloody great big white cat. *checks* Sorry, Panther. If I had insulted you, or mocked you, It wouldn't have been accidentally, clumsily, or ambiguously worded, or even open to interpretation. I'm a Discordian, not a Wiccan, we treat arguments as a kind of Holy Martial Arts Form. And are usually quite specific about the points we choose to argue over. If you ever have the misfortune to find yourself in an argument with a Discordian, you might not know exactly how you got there, but you will know what it is that you'd be arguing about. (Usually something you'd never thought worth arguing about in the first place)   
I never stated anywhere that I thought you were anyone else, or at least, not that I remember.
And it wasn't your passion for Baking that struck me as odd, or in any way funny, It was the thought of Snakeman baking that did it for me. Still does, in fact.

Now, I'm deliberately picking over your post, A/ Because you're new, and B/ Because you seem to be misreading everything I said in my last post. I don't know anything more than you've given out, but you are being a bit oversensitive, if you think for any reason, I've taken against you. I haven't. I haven't even taken against the imaginary six year old you. (Although I bet you were Eldritch!) I wasn't implying you were an unpleasant child at all, that would be really nasty. Why would I do that? If I wanted to have a fight with someone, I'd pick tougher meat than you, Sweety, and anyway, I don't even start fights.
Especially online, with young girls, that I hardly know. (No sport there, even if I won!) 

But I meant every word I said in my last post, and I will stand by it. I do actually like you, so read it again. Not anywhere (I hope) did I mock, insult, or otherwise abuse you, or your Panther, or give you any reason to think I had anything other than shini goodlove for you. OK? (I'm not going to do this again if you get me wrong in future, so if you take this post as a kind of Guarantee of how I roll, and that I do like ya, then there won't be any need to be unsure of my position, OK? Friends?) 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »

Oh, I like you! Been here five minutes, you've smoothed things out quite nicely, after your BF almost queered your pitch for you, then you waltz in, telling us all how clever and pleasant we are, which you can't possibly be sure of, but the fact that you even made the effort  says a lot about you. Your social skills leave your boyfriend's tactless brayings, sat in a cave, banging rocks together, (He's punching way above his weight with you, I think) then you jump in and give us the surreal scenario of Snake Baking! The picture of a half baked floury Snake with a frilly Apron on, and a tray full of dainty Cupcakes is indelibly etched in my mind now, and stuff like that is worth it's weight in Golden Apples in my book.  We'll soon disavow you of those ideas, most of us are quite capable of "very very, . . . not smart" (as you will doubtless find out soon enough) and as far as I know, there's never even been a box here to think outside. Unless you mean the "Secret moderator's thread", where all the nefarious plots, devious machinations, and "progressive" social engineering projects of the Mods and Admins are hatched. Well out of the way. (For our own protection.*Yeah, right*)  We all know what they're up to though.

Hey!!!  I actually DO know how to bake!!!  Used to take Reserve and Grand Champion quite often in 4-H with my baked goods.  I have an awesome recipe for onion bread (if I can successfully find it in my mom's recipe box...that thing is a veritable "Akashic Records" of recipes), and I can make a "Better-Than-Sex" cake that'll knock your socks off.  I love to cook. I do the majority of the cooking in my house, too, matter of fact...my wife hardly ever cooks.  Now, if only I had procurred my late grandma's coffe-cake recipe...it used poppy-seed filling and was to die for.

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »

@Snake-Man That is awesome! I love it when a man is able to cook, because it means that there is enough balance in the relationship that he is willing to take a step forward and help out. 90% of the men I know are 17-19 and do not know how to use the microwave... :-\

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

@Snake-Man That is awesome! I love it when a man is able to cook, because it means that there is enough balance in the relationship that he is willing to take a step forward and help out. 90% of the men teenagers I know are 17-19 and do not know how to use the microwave... :-\

Fixored
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:43:33 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up