Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
My Lengthy Introduction
Welcome, Guest
April 08, 2020, 05:32:40 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Lengthy Introduction  (Read 3758 times)

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
Re: My Lengthy Introduction
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »

Thank you for the correction. I guess from my point of view they are men, but you have a point. I am only 17 and I only have a limited view on the world still. Although, I still say that cooking for your wife shows balance and love.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »

@Snake-Man That is awesome! I love it when a man is able to cook, because it means that there is enough balance in the relationship that he is willing to take a step forward and help out. 90% of the men I know are 17-19 and do not know how to use the microwave... :-\

I learned to cook by taking my mom's recipes and doctoring them up with my own ingredients to make them better.  As for my passion of barbecue cooking, I learned that by first eating it (of course), then researching it, and replicating what I had tasted.  Trial and error, mostly, and of course, practice.

And I'm 31, for the record.   ;)
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

Nah, that's cool Snakey, I think if a Mother lets any of her kids, boys or girls, leave home with no cooking skills at all, then she's not finished the job properly. Plus, It's a bit lazy to assume that your son will just find a woman who will cook for him. Some women are absolutely useless in the kitchen.
The trick is, to find a chick who's a cooker, and a looker. A rare combination. Or it is, round here, anyway. Good job I can cook innit? .
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »

I can cook but I am not the best at it, baking is my forte. But it is so good that you take family recipes and make them unique, not many people do that. I know those of my age group never would, I know one person who has Square Boys (a pizza place) on speed dial...wait. That is me... 8)
But I think it is amazing that you do that. As for barbecue I love eating it but cooking it is still beyond me. I always end up setting myself on fire. Three good shirts and a jacket later I let someone else do it  :-p

But as I said above, I can cook and not to toot my own horn but I can cook fairly well. Everyone says they will die from it but they never leave anything on the table, and they always accept the invitation to my place with no hesitation.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

Then, of course, there's always "College Dorm Cooking".  "What should we do for dinner tonight, guys?  Go out??"  "Nah...no money."  "Dining Services (cafeteria)??"  "Nah.  Nothing good on the menu."  "Hmmmm...what, then?"  "Well, we have this, this, and this."  "Great.  Throw it all in a bowl and nuke for 5 minutes."   ;D

Seriously, we did that once.  We had some microwave burritos, a bag of Fritos corn chips, a couple cans of microwave chili, and some queso dip.  We took a tupperware container, poured corn chips in it, placed the burritos on top of the corn chips, then covered it with chili and queso dip.  Then microwaved it.  We called it "Shit In A Bowl", 'cause that's what it looked like, but it actually tasted pretty good.   ;D
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »

Thank you for the correction. I guess from my point of view they are men, but you have a point. I am only 17 and I only have a limited view on the world still. Although, I still say that cooking for your wife shows balance and love.

My kids are 19 and 18(tomorrow)...  :-p
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »

@Snake-Man I can see someone else doing that but I do not know if I could. I was always raised to eat proper meals in order to keep my energy strong so if anyone needed some I could send it to them. But I would say the meal would be interesting, i shall try it if I am ever bored and in the mood for a discusting looking snack but one that tastes good.

@EBS That is great! I hope it is am awesome birthday!

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

@EBS That is great! I hope it is am awesome birthday!

I consider em both "boys" since they ain't in the military.  :-p

Hopefully it will be. :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

@Serpentium
Crap I did it again. I am sorry, I try not to read into things too much but I do. I am sorry that I took what you said about Panther the wrong way, I will be sure to re -read any posts from you to get the real message.

As for arguing, Kitty and you should have fun. She gets offended extremely easily and enjoys a good fight. I prefer to debate and learn from my opponent. I do enjoy a good debate over issues so long as i can learn from it but I do not enjoy just random fighting and you are right when you say that there is no sport arguing with me, you treat it like an art form, I treat it as a learning experience, kind of conflicting views if you ask me.

As for picking apart my posts, feel free. Now that you have explained yourself, I welcome any picking apart you wish to do and if I feel like i am smart enough or brave enough, I will pick back, even though I can guarantee you will most likely win. I will do my best to stop reading into things too far and I will work on reading exactly what is posted and not the meaning behind it, now please forgive me if this takes any amount of time, old habits die hard you know?

As for being friends, I would like to very much. I dislike having anyone angry or disliking me. Besides, I am hoping on reaping knowledge from you and others here on this forum so I need to be friends. Also, you are a cool guy so why would I not want to be friends? It would be my honor and pleasure having you as one.

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »

@ EBS
I tried cadets once, army division, with Kitty. They yelled at her and she yelled back, and left. So I was standing there and I have my panther ring on, it is small so I did not think it would bother anyone and it makes me feel better when I am lonely because it reminds me of my guide. So I had my ring and they told me to take it off and I said that earlier they told me that religious jewellery is allowed and I explained that it is my religious jewellery and they said it did not count so I refused to take it off, offered to put it on a chain where is it out of sight, but they said no, so I left. I am not willing to part with my beliefs nor my ring that is my real world connection to my guide. But luckily now the military actually accepts Wicca as a religion even if it is still a tense acceptance.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up