Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
Names Robert
Welcome, Guest
April 08, 2020, 05:06:05 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Names Robert  (Read 2828 times)

Druid_at_heart

• Alder
Names Robert
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »

Hi yall, names Robert,
I have wanted to follow the path of wiccan belifes for four years,
but every where I turned it was wrong,
so I started reading up on it,
I learned that IMO that protection spells are curses,
and I know of the law of three (although I don't know the ryme)
I want to learn,
I have seen the moon rise and sun rise, I have felt the moon fill me with energy and the sun embace me in energy,
I have walked through wood lands and OMG do I feel comfortable,
I feel safe,
at home.
So that is what caused my name Druid_at_heart.
I'm sorry for the long intro but I feel good about this site.

ETA:  Edited out full name.  It's never a good idea to put your real name on a public forum.  There are lots of freaks out there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:41:17 AM by Earthbound Spirit »

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Names Robert
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »

Welcome aboard :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Hjolmaer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »

Welcome aboard.

Why do you say that protection spells are curses?

Druid_at_heart

• Alder
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

ty, so is there some thing i should do first?

Hjolmaer

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »

"First" in relation to what, exactly?

Not quite the answer I had expected....

Druid_at_heart

• Alder
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »

Protection, is a spell that prevents what ever you want it to protct from, so it stays as long as you want,
isn't it the same for a curse? It stays as long as you want, whether good or bad, it is still a curse,

and regarding to what to do first, I meant like,
where in the site can I gain knowledge, and I am looking for specific knowledge on druids and what not

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »

The search function can be your friend.  There are some links in that thread that might help you.

http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=2252.0
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Druid_at_heart

• Alder
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:16:12 PM »

ok ty

Hjolmaer

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

Protection, is a spell that prevents what ever you want it to protct from, so it stays as long as you want,
isn't it the same for a curse? It stays as long as you want, whether good or bad, it is still a curse,

You may want to revise your qualifications.

Just because a spell persists as long as you feel it needs to, doesn't make it one or another.

Let's use a different dynamic: cars.

Specifically, let's say you classify anything that does not have an open bed (a truck) as a sedan.

Now, sedan is actually a fairly close classification of car.  A sedan has four doors, and a certain minimum wheel base measurement.

Unlike a coupe, which only has two doors, and a maximum wheel-base measurement slightly smaller than a sedan.

To say that anything without an open bed is a sedan, and anything with an open bed is a truck, is far to general.  You're completely over-looking coupes, as well as vehicles which defy classification, such as el caminos.

So it would stand to reason that a spell may well be a spell, but the length of time it persists doesn't make it a curse.

By general definition, a "curse" is any sort of spell which would be created and put into place with the intent of causing difficulty/harm in the life/livelihood/etc of a specific entity, or group of entities.  Whereas a protective effect is intended to prevent difficulty/harm in the life/livelihood of a specific entity, usually the witch in question or a person for whom they are performing said spellwork.  It does not generally specifically target anyone/anything.  In fact, with protective enchantments, whatever is warded against is in absolutely no danger whatsoever unless it specifically and intentionally tries to breach said protection.

Saying that a protective enchantment is harmful would in effect be saying that military/police/security guards are homocidal sadists who are bent on causing as much pain and suffering as possible.

Not bashing, not insulting, just saying you may want to revise how you classify things, and probably broaden them.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Crap, the Robs are taking over...   :-p

Also...Protection Spells are not necessarily curses...quite often they are just banishing spells, meant to keep bad things out.  If you cast one for your safety, and the safety of others in your home, that isn't a bad thing, now is it??

Also, H--to futher elaborate on your "sedan" analogy...Sedan, actually, refers to a car with a B-pillar, or center post.  There are both 2 and 4-door sedans.  A coupe, actually, is the same as a 2-door hardtop, having no B-pillar.

<--has AAS Degree in Auto-Body.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:39:32 PM by Snake-Man »
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand

Druid_at_heart

• Alder
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »

no your not bashing if anything your helping me out, i dont want to have any misunderstandings so ty so much for that input I see what you mean and I belive your rite, ty again

Hjolmaer

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »

You got it right, then.  I'm just trying to help expand horizons and clear up misunderstandings.

@Snake: I was trying to keep it relatively simple..... :-p

Though I had completely forgotten what the pillar was called.

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

Welcome.  Are you interested in Wicca or Druidism or both?
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »

Or perhaps Car bodywork? (Sorry, couldn't help it)
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Hjolmaer

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »

Or perhaps Car bodywork? (Sorry, couldn't help it)

ouch.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up