Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2019, 05:57:01 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Salut and merry meet!  (Read 4410 times)

bombygriz

• Alder
Salut and merry meet!
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Sam and I am fifteen years old. I've been following the Wiccan path since I was twelve, but my parents happen to be Roman Catholic so no real rituals or anything for me :C I live in New Hampshire, USA.

I have been able to get my hands on some books through friends and from one metaphysical shop in Salem MA (irony much?). I really think that I 'fit' in Wicca in a way I never felt when I was a Catholic. In fact, I never really was a Catholic because I was basically forced into going to church as a kid. I think that's another reason I like Wicca, because you don't just force people into it! My mother always tells me that just because we have freedom of religion doesn't mean that it applies to me because I'm a child, but I can tell that it's purely prejudice against witchcraft that makes her say that...

Anyways, aside from all that depressing stuff, I hope that I can stick around here and fit in the community, maybe even ask a question every once in a while! Blessed be!

Sam

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
Re: Salut and merry meet!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Welcome, foolish mortal.   ;)
Trump is still your President.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »

Welcome to the boards.

Being 15, despite anything else, your parents do have a lot of say in what you can and cannot do.  Prejudices aside, they can (technically) legally prevent you from practicing any given religion they so choose.  And as you parents, they are entitled  to make that sort of choice for you.

When you reach the age of 18 and are recognized by the laws of the US as an adult, at that point your parents can no longer make any decision for you.

Then, of course, there's the matter of respect.  It's not just a biblical concept, but it really does make life a lot easier if you just show everyone around you at least a basic level of respect.  Not performing rituals in their house is a good start.

So which books have you acquired?  And why, specifically, do you feel that Wicca is the religion for you?

Yes, you have it right, Wicca (as a whole) does not generally advocate proselytizing.  But some individuals still do.  Something that one needs to remember about religion is that in an honest study of any spiritual path one must look at the core of the path, not it's adherents.

Luna12

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »

SALUT!!!

Welcome my friend...u will learn in time that these people are AMAZING!!!

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »

SALUT!!!

Welcome my friend...u will learn in time that these people are AMAZING COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INSANE!!!

Fixed.   ;D

Hjolmaer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 06:36:30 PM »

Of course we're insane.

Most of us believe in magic, try to see faeries, and talk to trees.

How is that possibly sane?

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »

Hi Sam, just out of interest, have you considered that your Parents, and the Priests might be right, and that you might very well be consigning your immortal soul to eternal Hellfire, just by being here?

I'm not saying they are right, I just meant it's best to have covered all the eventualities, just so you aren't confronted with any nasty surprises later on.
Like the bit where you sign your name in blood, and pledge your life to Santa. (After 1000 posts)
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »

Hi Sam, just out of interest, have you considered that your Parents, and the Priests might be right, and that you might very well be consigning your immortal soul to eternal Hellfire, just by being here?

I'm not saying they are right, I just meant it's best to have covered all the eventualities, just so you aren't confronted with any nasty surprises later on.
Like the bit where you sign your name in blood, and pledge your life to Santa. (After 1000 posts)

Don't forget to mention the refund you get after 3000. At that point you're so corrupted even the devil doesn't want you.
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

Don't forget to mention the refund you get after 3000. At that point you're so corrupted even the devil doesn't want you.
I didn't know about that one, I'm only on 1741. Santa didn't wan't me either. Said I was too    something or other, didn't quite catch it.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

bombygriz

• Alder
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »

Lol, you guys are hilarious!

As for books, I have Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin, The Beginner's Guide to Wicca by Starhawk (which is an audiobook I haven't finished), Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham, and Simple Wicca by Michele Morgan. I've also read two of my friend's books, one was about spells with cats (it's a bit of a long story, and I like cats), and The Idiot's guide to Wicca and Witchcraft.

I do respect my parents' views, but from what they say about it I can tell they're made up of misinformation. (Like so many people...) I don't plan on doing anything really stupid just because they don't agree with me. I have two years left until I go to college, so I can wait. We stopped going to church a year ago because I think something the Vatican said pissed them off. *shrug*

Yup. xD 

Hjolmaer

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »

one was about spells with cats (it's a bit of a long story, and I like cats)

Do tell.....

I do respect my parents' views, but from what they say about it I can tell they're made up of misinformation. (Like so many people...) I don't plan on doing anything really stupid just because they don't agree with me. I have two years left until I go to college, so I can wait. We stopped going to church a year ago because I think something the Vatican said pissed them off. *shrug*

Well, if you think it's misinformation that has them, then give it a couple years after you move out, and try to enlighten them.  Don't push it, though, they have to be willing or everything you say will go in one ear and out the other.

Yup. xD 

Here's some sunscreen, then.  Don't mind the slight smell of Crisco.....it's supposed to smell like that.....

bombygriz

• Alder
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »

After doing some research, I found the cat book...The Enchanted Cat by Ellen Dugan.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »

bombygriz--

That book you have about spells with cats...another one you may want to check out is "Your Magical Cat" by Gerina Dunwich.  It's quite good.

timetimetime

• Oak
  • They all do. They all want cake.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »

Welcome, bombygriz!

It's pretty cool here. Just be careful around Snakey, or he will eat you. *shows off hook-hand*

(I am officially not the youngest anymore! *parties*)

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Moreover, I advise that Carthage should be destroyed.

Rhea Li

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »

I didn't know about that one, I'm only on 1741. Santa didn't wan't me either. Said I was too    something or other, didn't quite catch it.

Well, what happens when you have as many posts as I do?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up