Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
I'm Joe :)
Welcome, Guest
April 08, 2020, 06:40:54 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Joe :)  (Read 1891 times)

Joseph-Urbain

• Pine
I'm Joe :)
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »

hey all, merry meet,
my name is joseph urbain. but you can call me joe. i prefer it. i am at the beginning of my spiritual walk down the wonderful path of Wicca. i am not an initiate yet. i am what i have been told is a "seeker". i am very opiniated but at the same time i have an open mind. i know that doesnt make to much sence but get to know me a little bit and you will see what i mean. i am 18 years old. i hope to talk to you all.

merry part.
live and let learn.

lestat

• Hawthorn
  • In your yard, interfering with your cabbages..
Re: I'm Joe :)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »

Welcome to the boards Joe. You'll find plenty of conversation and information pertaining to wicca and a good swab of off topic idiocentric  banter too :)
With fangs I would bite you,
Lips kiss you,
Heart love you,
A Will, leave you

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »

Welcome Joe! Finally someone my age :P
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Joseph-Urbain

• Pine
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »

thanks I'm looking forward to the idiocentric banter.

and I'm glad to see someone my age here to. i was afraid that i was the only person on here trying to learn and such.
live and let learn.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »

Okay...so I get the opinionated part.  I do.  It's the open-minded part I am endeavoring to find.

Joe, if you would be so kind as to humor me, could you list for me the books that you have to work with?  Which ones have you read cover to cover?  As well as what websites, besides this one, that you have bookmarked and read thoroughly?  What exposure DO you have, to covens, meetups, open rituals, etc?

Just trying to help...
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »

Well Joe, I can say from experience that this is a great forum, I have actaully learned quite a bit. Let me know if you need anything. I may not be the best but I think I can answer basic questions.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Nura

• Oak
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:32 AM »

Hello and Welcome ;D

Joseph-Urbain

• Pine
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »

Okay...so I get the opinionated part.  I do.  It's the open-minded part I am endeavoring to find.

Joe, if you would be so kind as to humor me, could you list for me the books that you have to work with?  Which ones have you read cover to cover?  As well as what websites, besides this one, that you have bookmarked and read thoroughly?  What exposure DO you have, to covens, meetups, open rituals, etc?

Just trying to help...

i have read "wicca for beginners" cover to cover. and im working on "wicca, a complete craft" by D. J. Conway. i have looked at this site and also www.ladyalpha.webs.com, and www.wicca.org.

i have only been studying for about four or five days. thats why i am asking the questions i am asking. i am working hard to find out how to become fully wiccan.

i dont know how you can determine if i have an open mind or not by having one conversation with me. no disrespect intended.

for how long i have been working on this i have put alot into it and am doing everything i can to find more and more information. i have studied other religions over the years including, Christianity, Muslim, and a little Judaism just to name a few.

i thank you for all your advice and i will accept your advice with open arms and an open mind.

thank you and merry part.
live and let learn.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

i have read "wicca for beginners" cover to cover. and im working on "wicca, a complete craft" by D. J. Conway. i have looked at this site and also www.ladyalpha.webs.com, and www.wicca.org.

i dont know how you can determine if i have an open mind or not by having one conversation with me. no disrespect intended.

for how long i have been working on this i have put alot into it and am doing everything i can to find more and more information. i have studied other religions over the years including, Christianity, Muslim, and a little Judaism just to name a few.

i thank you for all your advice and i will accept your advice with open arms and an open mind.

thank you and merry part.

That's why I said I was endeavoring to find it. 

Look into the books threads.  There are good ones there, as well as EXCELLENT ones.  Look into the internet pages thread.  Of the three we have mentioned so far, well....let's just say that wicca dot com and dot org are "keepers". 

Studying 24 hours a day for less than a week is admirable, to be sure.  When you asked about being ready "sooner", I might have answered differntly if you wanted to do it a half-Moon "sooner" than the full term, but after less than a week?  NO, I am NOT judging your ability to absorb information.  I AM, however, asking you to slow down...don't "wish you life away", so to speak. 

Study of the Abrahmic religions is good.  Great, even.  But don't stop there.  Hellenic, Kemetic, Asatru, Druid, Romance, Shamanic, and other paths should be at the VERY least "looked at" L O N G before you take on the mantle of a full religion for yourself. 

Wicca, being the "point guard" of paganism today, is what MANY of the people come to this site and INSIST that they "ARE", (fer sher, no bout a doubt it, absitively-posilutely), and were "BORN to BE".  MANY times they find out differently...including some of the people who have participated in your threads here!  Still others come here thinking that they are a "this" or a "that" and find out that, in their soul, they are actually Wiccan. 

You have, here, at your very fingertips, DECADES of real-live Wiccan knowledge and experience.  Keep that mind open enough to discern...for discernment IS an attribute of a witch.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Joseph-Urbain

• Pine
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

That's why I said I was endeavoring to find it. 

my apoligies i mistook your words for an insult.

Studying 24 hours a day for less than a week is admirable, to be sure.  When you asked about being ready "sooner", I might have answered differntly if you wanted to do it a half-Moon "sooner" than the full term, but after less than a week?  NO, I am NOT judging your ability to absorb information.  I AM, however, asking you to slow down...don't "wish you life away", so to speak. 

i did not mean to initiate my self now. i meant that maybe six months from now or eight or nine or more. i would be silly and nieve to think im ready after only a few days. i mearly meant when i felt i was ready. if you go and reread that thread then you will see that i did specifiy that.

as for the rest of the post. thank you and i will look into some of these other religions but i dont believe that my mind will be changed. i know what i believe and if what i believe lines up with what wicca is then that is the path im going to take.

thank you and merry part
live and let learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up